Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Comments

• your life always seems both glamorous and fulfilling. i love the balance you achieve.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    How was your weekend in Stratford, was RSC as good as you thought. ?

Chatsworth sounded wonderful , we live not so far away, might visit my birthday weekend, depending on the weather.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sigh - I miss going to Stratford :( Another place we used to go a lot was Stroud. Hope you've had a fab day :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • your life always seems both glamorous and fulfilling. i love the balance you achieve.

Thanks inod - though it would be nice to have some actual glamorous hair. :(
    How was your weekend in Stratford, was RSC as good as you thought. ?

Chatsworth sounded wonderful , we live not so far away, might visit my birthday weekend, depending on the weather.

Just arrived in Stratford this afternoon Cumbria. First play we are seeing is tomorrow night.

Do try and get to Chatsworth before the end of the year to see the Dickens experience if you can.
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Sigh - I miss going to Stratford :( Another place we used to go a lot was Stroud. Hope you've had a fab day :)

Thanks SA. I’ve never been to Stroud. It’s in the Cotswolds isn’t it and very picturesque?

All my train connections were on time - the hotel is very comfortable and olde worldy. Staff are really nice and the bar and restaurant here are liveely. Stratford is looking very Christmassy.

However DD managed to get on the wrong train and ended up on her way to London instead of Birmingham!:eek: got off at Peterborough and managed to get a connection and arrived about quarter of an hour before our restaurant reservation time! At one point I thought I would be sitting in there like Billy No-Mates!

So tomorrow we’re going to explore Stratford before theatre in the evening.

Night night for now!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • I’m glad you’re off to Pilates again inod as I remember you used to practice it.

Thanks also for the photo tip. I’m definitely going to “selfie” my head and see if there is any difference as time goes on.

It’s such a pain Hairy. If the Viviscal doesn’t work I’ve run out of options. Wigs and scarves eh ........

Hi Scott. Thanks for the tip. I’ve looked into Nizoral but it seems to be a treatment for dandruff rather than hair loss.

Well where has this week gone! Quite a lot on again in work - new accounts coming in - some quite complex.

Was out on Wednesday - had my trip with the family on the wonderful train to Chatsworth House. Such a beautiful place - it had a Dickens theme this Christmas - so cleverly done. Actors dressed up as Dickens characters and the rooms dressed to match so the grand dining room which is laid up for a banquet had cobwebs sprayed over it and an old wedding cake in the middle of the table with eerie music playing to mimic Miss Haversham’s dining room from Great Expectations. Wonderful Christmas trees and decorations as well. There was a Christmas market outside but I was quite good - bought some cheeses, chocolate liqueur for DD and me, biscuits for work, and a lovely advent calendar which was a painting of Chatsworth House with the little doors opening all over it.

Thursday afternoon at work was our desk Xmas lunch - that was good fun. Yesterday I worked late as I’m off now till next Thursday (whoopee!)

Today I finished my 30 cleaning project earlier than I should as the deccies went up today. I did miss a couple of things off, like sorting out the paperwork, till the New Year and some things in the book don’t apply to me anyway as I don’t have an office or dining room.

Still it all looks lovely and twinkly!

Tomorrow I’m off to Stratford at lunchtime so will pack tomorrow morning. Really looking forward to it!:T

Right re Nizoral i cant remember the chemical in it its name escapes me but anyway it has something in it which strengthens routes and helps pretent further hair loss. Its being used quite abit with rogaine/regaine in america to prevent mpb and prolong it.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Sun_Addict wrote: »

Could you get to Stratford by coach or train SA? Or would your DS take you for a visit?

You sound like you're having a fabulous time in Stratford SSG. :eek: to DD getting on tbe wrong train,
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Right re Nizoral i cant remember the chemical in it its name escapes me but anyway it has something in it which strengthens routes and helps pretent further hair loss. Its being used quite abit with rogaine/regaine in america to prevent mpb and prolong it.

Thanks Scott - I'll do some more digging on this.

You sound like you're having a fabulous time in Stratford SSG. :eek: to DD getting on tbe wrong train,

Thanks Hairy!

Week has absolutely flown by again!

Had a fabulous time in Stratford. The Cicero plays were wonderful. On the first night, the actor playing Cicero was unable to go on so his understudy took the role. It must have been absolutely nerve racking for him as the character is on stage for near enough the whole night! He only made a few fluffs but the audience were behind him and at the end both the rest of the cast and us gave him a rousing send off! The next evening, Richard McCabe, was back playing Cicero – he is a wonderful actor and his performance was excellent.

On the Monday we took the bus tour of Stratford, which we always do when we are visiting somewhere new as it is a great way to get your bearings. Also explored it on foot and did some shopping – I wasn’t going to buy anything else for Christmas but found a rather nice Xmas throw for £25 – faux sheepskin on one side and warm and woolly on the other – grey and white and very Scandi and hygge! On the Tuesday we visited Warwick Castle and felt like we had the whole place virtually to ourselves – watched the Birds of Prey show while we were there – they are so beautiful. Wednesday we had a lovely lunch in a newish restaurant where DD had read good reviews – while we were having coffee, they brought up a little accompaniment of tiny profiteroles, which were the best I've ever tasted and where I could have eaten a whole bowlful! I said that they should put them on the main dessert menu!

Then travelled back to London – got there just as the rush hour was starting and there were delays on the underground so, as I had my case, I decided to get a taxi to my usual overground station. This took nearly an hour as the traffic was gridlocked! Was rather stressed when I got to my station but there was a lovely choir of about 20 Cubs in their uniforms and Santa hats singing carols. They were absolutely belting out "Mary's Boy Child" – rather out of tune but were so enthusiastic it really cheered me up so I gave them all my loose change!

Back to work the next day which was full on after my three days off. I'm off tonight though to see DD and OH for the weekend as they won't be spending Christmas with us this year. I'm just taking up their edible Christmas presents and OH's sons' pressies. DD and OH are going to come down and stay in mid-January at DSis's and we're all going to go out for a "late" Christmas meal and exchange our presents then.

Still plodding on with the surveys and still a bit to go with them before I get a pay out. Got paid £7.60 cashback from Quidco though!

🌟
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    That sounds like a lovely week, I'm so pleased for you! That Christmas rug sounds lush...
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• That sounds fabulous SSG, what a great time you had :).

Who will you spend Christmas with if DD is away? I hope you have some friends or other family you can be with.

Have a great weekend :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    JWPopps wrote: »
    That sounds like a lovely week, I'm so pleased for you! That Christmas rug sounds lush...

Thanks JW! I do love my new throw - it’s so cosy and looks really festive as well.
    That sounds fabulous SSG, what a great time you had :).

Who will you spend Christmas with if DD is away? I hope you have some friends or other family you can be with.

Have a great weekend :).

Hi Hairy! I’ll be at DSis’s for Christmas until the day after Boxing Day. We all usually stay there for Xmas - DD and OH drive down from the North.

I’m actually just on the train now winging my way to DD’s. Have a nice plate of cheese in front of me!:D
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business