Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• ellie14
    ellie14 Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thank you I'm going to get those wire birds definitely it's the perfect present but I would obviously like 10% off so as I'm going on Friday I'll have a look first.

Go Ws every week ,think it is only Xmas stock at the moment ,could be wrong ,give them a bell.
    What time people getting there Friday ,I am dropping D/D 2 at station so can come over after that.
  • mhoc wrote: »
    virgin east coast trains sale today - assume its just till midnight ....

i went via the nectar page to get double nectar -198 better than nothing.

usually you can only book up to 12 weeks ahead but for this sale they have released dates up to 24 weeks.
    These dates we got are a Monday to a Wednesday and depending on which service the total was between £99 and £138 - for 4 people.m

Thank you :)
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    mhoc wrote: »
    virgin east coast trains sale today - assume its just till midnight ....

i went via the nectar page to get double nectar -198 better than nothing.

usually you can only book up to 12 weeks ahead but for this sale they have released dates up to 24 weeks.
    These dates we got are a Monday to a Wednesday and depending on which service the total was between £99 and £138 - for 4 people.m

Dates to remember:
    Book by 23.59 on Friday 25 November 2016

Travel between 4 January 2017 !– 10 February 2017 (excluding 4 & 5 February)

No good to me, I need to travel on the 15th April, but cant book it yet. And hotels for that night are :eek: :eek:
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    MKS wrote: »
    The goody bag was very good. A box of fusilli (and 50p voucher), bottle of mustard, coco water, lucozade, chocolate, a bbq sauce and another drink

Sounds very good. I wonder how many we can manage to get between the three of us ;);)

A little update of Berry as we were at vets today. Vet was very pleased and said that Berry was looking much happier and more comfortable. No more sickness, no tenderness around abdomen, much more himself. I have to keep him on the Lypex supplement till pack finished (2 weeks) and I asked if the Symalin I had left over from Millie would be any good for Berry, and he said yes, so checked dosage and I will use that when Lypex finished

I have an appointment for 9th December when vet will do those blood tests again hoping that results are better than last time, and we can then consider any painkillers for his arthritis. I showed him the x-ray taken in Romania after he was originally taken off the streets at end of 2013, which his rescuer Juliana had copied to me, and Andrei said his joint was ‘locked’, with calcification around his elbow

So I am feeling more upbeat about Berry’s health today :j

animal0019.gif animal0019.gif animal0019.gif
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :o:o:o

I really must go to bed :o This home alone malarky - I'm acting like a teenager - staying up late & then wasting the morning sleeping - when I go to bed in a minute I'll start reading...

So here is the QUIZ linky for the morning ;)

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Bestest ♥
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 November 2016 at 3:11AM
    3Dogs wrote: »
    [...] the Linda McCartney are comparing A £1.50 to W/T £1.95 and M £1.97 so not picking up £1 price at M yet. Any idea when they might pick up that off at M please

[...]

A v M
    10 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Knorr Naturally Tasty Chilli Con Carne (64G) £0.60 £0.88
    1x Knorr Naturally Tasty Lasagne (60G) £0.60 £0.88
    1x Plenty The Big One Kitchen Roll (EACH) £2.00 £2.41
    1x Linda McCartney Meat Free 6 Red Onion & Rosemary Sausages (300G) £1.50 £1.97
    1x Linda McCartney Meat Free 2 Mozzarella 1/4lb Burgers (227G) £1.50 £1.97
    1x Knorr Naturally Tasty Beef Tagine (63G) £0.60 £0.88
    1x Knorr Naturally Tasty Tuna Napolitana (43G) £0.60 £0.88
    1x Knorr Naturally Tasty Spaghetti Bolognese (43G) £0.60 £0.88
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Apple & Mango Flavoured Sparkling Water (1LT) £0.34 N/A
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Sparkling Strawberry & Vanilla Flavoured Water (1LT) £0.32 N/A
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Peach Flavoured Sparkling Water (1LT) £0.34 £0.45
    1x Knorr Naturally Tasty Moroccan Chicken (63G) £0.60 £0.88
    Comparison total (compared products only) £8.94 £12.08
    cheaper +£3.14

Probably when they have at least half of the collection stores displaying a £1 SEL on the main freezer aisle stock. However, the fully correct position is:

"14.2.3. If more than one price for a product is found in the representative [their word] stores sampled, we will use the most commonly occurring price; if there is no common price, we will use the lowest price found."

I'm just catering for the unlikely possibility that they could have 2x £1, 2x £1.95 and 2x£1.97 from a total of six stores:rotfl:. So they could have two out of six display £1 and yet, even though that's less than half of the stores, they could still pick up £1. This is really not going to be the case though as the item has gone from £1.97 to £1 so I doubt there will be anything other than £1.97 and £1 found. Therefore, the short answer, which I should have given - but did not, as it was not technically correct in every respect - is, in effect, "when at least half of the collection stores show £1". Though, as I've just said, that's not necessarily the strict case - but the strict case is most unlikely for this product I think and really it's going to be whenever half or more of the stores are showing the correct price.

This (the £1 price) should already have been picked up as this product has been £1 in M for over a week. I think clearly they have just got a bad set of stores on the Mozzarella Burger. (The Rosemary & Onion Sausages, as far as I am aware, are £1.97 in M, so that price has been picked up correctly; the LM Vegetarian Sausages are on £1 offer.)

On this sort of situation, I think I may have a bad set of stores yesterday, for the Cadbury's twinpack Fingers - I now have £2.48 in five stores and the only £1 - showing as "until 4th December" - showing in one store that is OOS. These things can be found from time to time: I had some health and beauty products a few weeks back show full price in all my first five stores only, finally, to reach the sixth store and only there see the offer (showing as until what was then a future date). If the APG had that situation however, majority price is the (incorrect) full price.

So that's what I think has happened on the Moz. Burger. They've probably got something like four stores showing full price and two showing £1. I do have stores, every time, that don't change SELs to show offers - they simply haven't got round to changing all SELs to show offers - unfortunately they probably prioritise changing to full price when prices go back up as that's where the overcharging law comes in - if they ever get round, on offer products, to changing every SEL at all. There's very often some stores that haven't changed (and stores that seem to put SELs up to full price during offers even when offers are supposed still to be on?!?:huh:) - and I'm finding that (as far as I know - how would I ever?:think::rotfl:) six stores does generally seem to be ending up with the correct price (based on me following the same rule as them) but occasionally you might end up with four stores showing full price, two at offer and it just tipped the wrong way.

You get one or two that haven't put the offer SEL on yet (if they ever do), sometimes you just end up with a bad set of stores and get a further two that are full price and that's how this sort of thing happens I suspect. It's just random: what happens to be showing in the collection stores. However, on the whole, you'd expect more Ms to be showing the correct price than not, simply because that is the correct price. On freezer items as well, it may be that the items are in the aisle end freezers with £1 big offer card showing - however I believe the price collectors do not collect from there - and showing full price on the main run of the aisle stock. I don't think I have that in my stores (which, unlike the collector's stores, change) but I do have £1 SELs showing in the main aisle. If I see an item with offer price on the aisle end, I still take the offer price from there (I get from wherever I can) as that is the (believed-by-me-to-be-correct) price and I assume some stores, which could be APG stores, will have main aisle stock marked with the offer. It's certainly possible, with an item like the Moz. Burgers, that most of the collection stores have stock showing offer price in an aisle end freezer but the main aisle stock is £1.97 SEL. They may well have that position - it does happen from time to time on freezer items. I'll have a look at my stores again next week to see if I have constant £1.97, even though really on offer, and stock showing £1 only on the aisle end - though as far as I recall, I have seen a £1 SEL on a main aisle stock somewhere. That may be more rare though and maybe Ms more generally are with aisle end stock and big offer card but main aisle stock in all of them has £1.97 SEL. They may not have produced a £1 SEL, for the main aisle stock, from the computer system. So, end aisle £1 and APG gets main aisle stock £1.97 showing in all of them:(. I'll have a look, fwiw, next week to see if I do have proper £1 SEL anywhere or whether it is just huge £1 cards that, I'm afraid, don't count.

I suspect - well, from the result, it seems clearly - they've just got more stores showing £1.97. Unfortunately no-one knows when the £1 will be picked up unless we see a womble in future or someone else buys again - it's possible, or maybe even probable, that if the APG stores generally haven't changed by now, they'll probably never do so (during the current offer run) and probably safe to assume they'll just now remain at incorrect £1.97 and this may never pick up £1 in the current M offer. I am erring for caution/being pessimistic though.

As for M yesterday, there are a significant number of alterations now needed on the list. I think it is more, since I'm missing out the Monday so now got more to catch up with - though in fact it's not a big change and not a lot, as in six or seven sides or anything daft like that(:rotfl:) but fewer than three sides - though two of those are crammed. So, there's not loads to change but there is significant change. As usual, it will probably now take me from now until next Tuesday:wall: to update everything I've got so will just depend on getting whichever I get onto the list before the weekend and anything else added afterwards might be out of date by then. So that's the situation - it's just lazy (or, as I call it, relaxed:D) updating. I'll do what I can - although if I'm going again next Wednesday, it'll probably see me string it out and put it off and do it over the whole week - that's just how it is: I almost couldn't be bothered to go to the store yesterday but did and, then, once I'm there, I'm fine and... just can't stop:rotfl:. I did actually think about half way through the first store that the 'ordinary' person would probably have given up by that point - whereas I just keep going and to the next and next store.

I've got most things I needed to see, though lost the Young's Cod & Chips, and I'll update the list as and when I do. I'll try and get it done ASAP though, with these things, unbelievably I started finding the updating last time (Tuesday, Monday) a bit boring:eek: and just couldn't be bothered but somehow I manage to keep doing it - I'll reinvigorate at some point. Yes, try and get it done ASAP but, with these things, I might end up just stretching it out again, as not going next Monday will not press me to do it, but I'll see what I can do;). As regards updating from yesterday's results.

As mentioned, I've five stores that say £2.48 on the Cadbury Fingers but the offer supposed to be on until 4th December - I do not know why many of my stores have changed from £1 to £2.48 unless the offer has been pulled early, as the change to £2.48 in all of them now suggests may well be the case, and the only £1 showing in a store that's OOS so may not have changed for that reason. On this, unfortunately, msm/m.com do not come to assist, as the product is not online, I'm tending to think they may well have gone to £2.48 - as, indeed, that's the result I have - but, then again, it's quite possible to find five stores that all show incorrect full price - I think I'll call the item off and put it to £2.48 - however there's the possibility someone's M has it straight at £1 offer SEL and the product actually costing £1. I'm thinking the offer is now off, but that could be wrong (particularly if OOS store for me is correct in the end date - but that may have not been changed to now correct(?) £2.48 precisely because there is no stock there). I think the Dorset Granola Cereal was off last week and I had one store, a different one, also OOS, that still had the offer showing - that was supposed to be on for some more time but msm and m.com now showed full price on that so that offer had finished, apparently sooner than was originally advertised. I also have a product this week (totally different, no need to mention what it is) that has £1 SEL in one store and OOS there but the others stores that do have it have changed to full price - may be similar situation as Dorset Cereal - that was clearly off - and I think Cadbury Fingers probably off too but don't mark my word.

On Dorset Cereals last time, I ended up with a hazy thought that it was off:rotfl:, that then got "confirmed" as indeed being the case according to online. This time, my thought the Cadbury Fingers twinpack is off is more than 'hazy' - it's more clear that the product is off, at least that's the quite emphatic five against one position that I have in my stores! The conclusion that the product is off could be wrong though - who can tell?:doh:
  • OMG mhoc..... you must be really gobby to hit this score after being away for 2 weeks!!!

(I am amazed that Di is so low!)

The girls!
    :eek::eek::eek: I'm onto that zippy one! If the list had stopped at 20 I wouldn't have been on it :rotfl:
    ellie14 wrote: »
    Go Ws every week ,think it is only Xmas stock at the moment ,could be wrong ,give them a bell.
    What time people getting there Friday ,I am dropping D/D 2 at station so can come over after that.

Thank you Ellie I'm going g to order them online but they had a black Friday discount code last year so I'm hoping for the same this year.
    10am and I'm looking forward to it :T
  • Good morning everybody, I hope you are well and have a fabulous Thursday.
    Happy shopping.
    Mortgage debt 45,000. Thank you all for your help so far in helping me save to buy the house. I could not have done this without all your help.
  • Good morning all

165661.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure