Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• Tarragondragon
    Tarragondragon Posts: 94 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2015 at 11:00PM
    I think I'm cursing it by buying stuff too... Ours isn't a new build, we've been lucky enough to have saved up lots of bits and pieces from tesco token offers, etc. however we have no furniture unless you include a mattress...

But I reeeeallly want to buy bits and bobs! Took my friend to the range and dunelm mill in Saturday (she moved into a new home in January), it was painful, hence breaking down and buying the lamps... Now I'm worried that were not going to get our mortgage and it's my fault. How crazy is that :D

Probably doesn't help reading the threads about people being declined for X or Y, making me paranoid
  • bilbo85
    bilbo85 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

Sparkle- hope you hear soon!! Why does it take so long!? It's so frustrating! Our application took a week to be approved and that was long enough for me!
    Just waiting on valuation now! I have no idea when they have arranged it or if it was come back ok, id be gutted it they valued house lower but trying not to think of that!

I too have been on Pinterest and Ikea website too! Trying to figure out what to buy/ themes and colours etc! It's so exciting, but I haven't bought anything yet.....although I think my mum bought us some towers! Haha.

Fingers crossed we all get our formal offer in the post soon!!
    X
  • Sparkle15
    Sparkle15 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Thanks Bilbo, really hoping so. 11 days and counting and it feels like forever. Hopefully you will hear back re valuation soon :) then get your formal offer, then shop away lol x
  • Sparkle15 wrote: »
    haha that is so strange my son and i have just been looking at pinterest, great minds think alike :)

We went looking at wood burners for the living room on the weekend and have been looking at tons on pinterest, eeek need them keys!

Oh wood burners! We've struggled to find houses with actual fireplaces in them. The one we've offered on has one and we've started a wood burner fund... Just need this mortgage to happen! Hopefully my MA will get back to me today. She assured me yesterday she was calling NW, but I didn't hear anything back :(

p.s. Glad I'm not the only one addicted to Pinterest. I have boards for every room!
  • Sparkle15
    Sparkle15 Posts: 67 Forumite
    haha Tarragondragon i have boards of every room too.

I have always wanted a wood burner too, so exited. Will be a while to save up etc. We need the boiler replacing first :( after that is done, save save save.
  • bilbo85 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Sparkle- hope you hear soon!! Why does it take so long!? It's so frustrating! Our application took a week to be approved and that was long enough for me!
    Just waiting on valuation now! I have no idea when they have arranged it or if it was come back ok, id be gutted it they valued house lower but trying not to think of that!

I too have been on Pinterest and Ikea website too! Trying to figure out what to buy/ themes and colours etc! It's so exciting, but I haven't bought anything yet.....although I think my mum bought us some towers! Haha.

Fingers crossed we all get our formal offer in the post soon!!
    X

Yours was with Santander too, wasn't it bilbo? Mines been in about a week - hoping I don't have to wait too much longer! :(
  • Biggest smile on my face, ever! Back to drooling over Pinterest, guilt free! :D

18/02 - see a property that I love six months ahead of my personal buying schedule. Some jiggery pokery is going to be needed here so broker phoned immediately.... On at £195,000 (new build)
    22/02 - reserve property for £500, for £190,000
    25/02 - meeting with broker to go through my numbers. He tells me to stop worrying - I am a worrier. He deserves a medal
    27/02 - AIP from Santander, subject to Help To Buy EL approvel
    04/03 - application for H2B EL submitted
    23/03 - application for H2B EL comes back as inexplicably declined due to affordability
    24/03 - application for H2B EL resubmitted
    26/03 - H2B EL Authority to Proceed obtained. Waiting until April to submit formal mortgage application due to timing of new build completion
    07/04 - broker sends me two Santander quotes, to choose fixed term length (2 or 5 year) - confirm 2 year. Formal mortgage application submitted.
    13/04 - email from Santander asking for proof of bonus payment from 2013. Provided.
    15/04 - email from broker telling me the mortgage offer is in the post! Yay!!!!
  • Biggest smile on my face, ever! Back to drooling over Pinterest, guilt free! :D

18/02 - see a property that I love six months ahead of my personal buying schedule. Some jiggery pokery is going to be needed here so broker phoned immediately.... On at £195,000 (new build)
    25/02 - meeting with broker to go through my numbers. He tells me to stop worrying - I am a worrier. He deserves a medal
    23/03 - application for H2B EL comes back as inexplicably declined due to affordability
    26/03 - H2B EL Authority to Proceed obtained. Waiting until April to submit formal mortgage application due to timing of new build completion
    07/04 - broker sends me two Santander quotes, to choose fixed term length (2 or 5 year) - confirm 2 year. Formal mortgage application submitted.
    13/04 - email from Santander asking for proof of bonus payment from 2013. Provided.

Congratulations :beer:
  • cat1984
    cat1984 Posts: 77 Forumite
    Biggest smile on my face, ever! Back to drooling over Pinterest, guilt free! :D

Congrats!!!!!! That's great news!!

Tarragondragon - Any news from your end yet? I'm still waiting :( I have sent another email to my broker. Trying not to be inpatient, but I wish they would just let me know what they are doing rather than not telling me anything at all!

Aw brilliant!! :beer: Congratulations!

Although I am insanely jealous and hate you ;):cool:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport