Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Comments

• jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary

It appears that once you get on their 'new system' it does work, at least it has for me :)

It would seem that there is still a backlog to be addressed though.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Eon paid £40 for late payment and I am now on their new system. To be fair, now very quick payment.
  • Hi Rockbird
    I suggest you ring them. ask to speak to complaints dept. They may have to ring you back. Insist they move you to the new system. In my case it did then take 15 days. Although someone on this thread said they set up a payment straight away. Once everything is on new system we are getting payments through within the week.
    I don't think sending them e mails does any good at all.
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    A piece on FIT payment delays at 12.00 midday today - Thursday 23rd August
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    orrery wrote: »
    A piece on FIT payment delays at 12.00 midday today - Thursday 23rd August

I take it this did not turn out to be as expected ?
    I have just `scanned ` through the programme and did not hear anything about FIT payments - just about the SSE price rise ....
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    I take it this did not turn out to be as expected ?
    I have just `scanned ` through the programme and did not hear anything about FIT payments - just about the SSE price rise ....

No, it was pulled for some reason - it was still being advertised on the iPlayer page for this edition when I listened later in the day.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • orrery wrote: »
    No, it was pulled for some reason - it was still being advertised on the iPlayer page for this edition when I listened later in the day.

I looked on iplayer too and it was prominently advertised but not to be found under the play again option
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    Ok, next update - this one gets complicated!

We both came up with the same idea at the same time (well maybe she beat me to it, just) to ask the installer to amend the certificate, which he can do, and has, turns out it was just a typo. Hopefully I'll have the amended cert tomorrow. So saved by the fact that the system wasn't tested and switched on (the very definition of 'commissioned') till the next day.

The moral of the story - well there isn't one, you can do everything possible, but the rules are still in flux, and may change mid game, giving you a red card, even though you thought you were playing fair.

You couldn't make this stuff up!

Mart.

Final update (hopefully). Got the new, new contract yesterday from EDF with the correct tariff of 16.8p. Signed and returned. Big thumbs up to EDF, who worked with me on this one.

There is really very little left that can go wrong, but I'm sure I've said this about 3 times already. So short of the contract being intersected by the Loch Ness Monster on an over 60's away day, I think I'm safe.

Mart.

PS - Battleaxe, best of luck.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • battelaxe
    battelaxe Posts: 44 Forumite
    Cheers Mart. Glad you have sorted everything out to your satisfaction.

Have now written to The Secretary of State for energy and blah blah, and my MP, who has the reputation of a Rottweiler for his constituents. Failing that, and one of co-mugs getting the Royal Mail to roll over, it looks like the courts for me.
  • phsci
    phsci Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Rockbird
    I suggest you ring them. ...........I don't think sending them e mails does any good at all.
    I agree. I waited from 23 May until 9 Aug for my second FiT payment this year, but after speaking with them my third payment (meter reading submitted 23 Aug) arrived in my bank account today (5 working days with the bank holiday?). £20 credit to my gas account too as compensation for the wait for the previous payment. :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback