Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Options

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sometimes its just got to be done! I bet its lovely having nicely organised toys :D

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Sometimes its just got to be done! I bet its lovely having nicely organised toys :D

PP xx

Oh yes, and all nicely themed too, so the castle with the knight's dressing up tabard and the book about the dragon. A dear zoo box, Drs&?ambulances, fire & rescue etc. hubby just said 'blinking teacher, you need to go back to work'
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • debtfreeforlife
    Options
    Sometimes it's just gotta happen! Looks like overall things are going well though, how is the new job going?
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Sometimes it's just gotta happen! Looks like overall things are going well though, how is the new job going?

You are right. Things overall are going well.
    New job is good. Huge amounts of 'imposter syndrome' going on at the moment. But I will get there. Working from home and part time is interesting. Technically it's 1.2 days a week but those .2 of a day need consolidating into full days for visits and travelling.

2 working days next week, 1 is a visit for a handover meeting and the second is a full on office day.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    not much to report today. But I bet I still waffle on)
    £3.50 from the eating out pot for mum's breakfast/coffee this morning.
    £12.44 in Ald1 in the 'weekly shop' (including a box of Nappies) ill blatantly need other stuff, but didn't have the energy to look properly. I'm going to be eating from the freezer this week (again) as hubby is working silly hours and being fed in site.

I've Tilly tidied the pots, done a few pa surveys (up to £12.00 already)
    Need to crack on with some vo surveys as the batteries in my label machine have leaked and it's ruined so needs replacing. Need 2x£15 amaz0n vouchers to get the one I'd like. (A label machine is a necessity not a luxury for me).
    Also need to review my monthly bulket journal goals as I know I've achieved some.

Tonight is a quick tidy of the front room, kitchen and our bedroom and an early night as I'm expecting another 3am wake up from the Pickle.
    Wish

Update on day 17

MSE NOVEMBER GOALS

1)MOP pot total of £276.10
    Target 1: interest accrued £73.99/£73.99 ✅
    Target 2: next 1% paid £2.11/£2.11✅
    Target 3: £400 capital reduction £6.13/£100
    Target 4: £500 capital reduction 0/£100

2) new sling fund £40/£110

3) surveys, cashback etc £15.09/£30
    £0.09 Qm33
    £15.00 - VO

4) Nsds 7/13
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Evening all, double update from me today. Yesterday I didn't get round to updating ynab, so I didn't post as I really wouldn't have had anything to say.
    Yesterday was 'Chirstmas shopping' or rather things to make Christmas gifts with. This included £9 on 9 A5 netbooks from a £shop and some fabric & wading, my main 'made gifts' this year are going to Ben notebook covers, dead easy to make, Andy I'm trying to personalize the fabrics to the people.
    I need to make up my usual Christmas hampers for family members, but I'm going to have a go at making the jam in the bread machine this year, there's is a recipe in the instruction book, or I could be buying a new bread machine by the end of the week.
    My aim for this week is to have crafty week evenings and nap times to get these things made. Should be doable, especially as Tuesday is now a totally free day for me, Pickle is at the child minders and I'm not working.
    Today has been a nsdand I should manage a few this week. I need to go food shopping tomorrow or Tuesday, but I'm hoping to have nods Wednesday and Thursday, as I'm working both days, then if I can have one nsd out of Monday and Tuesday's we are winning. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Pickle is still poorly, so not sleeping well, so signing off now to get some sleep before he wakes.

Wish

Update on day 19

MSE NOVEMBER GOALS

Target 3: £400 capital reduction £21.39/£100

£0.09 Qm33
    £15.00 - VO

4) Nsds 8/13
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    So, today I've set myself up for (hopefully) a run of NSDs by doing the food shopping & filling the car up.
    Shopping came in under the my supermarket prediction and fuel was only £50 of the the budgeted £70. But I had hoped I wouldn't need to fill up this month given how much I spent on fuel in october. However I've got a work trip on Wednesday and I've decided to go to my
    Parents at the weekend to avoid another weekend of solo parenting (hubby working away of course). I had enough fuel to do one trip, but not both so filled up at costc0 where it's over 4p cheaper per litre than the supermarket.

My groceries mop pot has less left in it than I'd hoped, but technically this is a 5 week grocery month so it's to be expected that I spend more this month than I did last. However, with a bit of creativity, hopefully I will only have to do a tiny top up shop next week.

Child benefit paid today - usual split including adding the £2.80 to the mop pot and, because of the Christmas break, this will pay for Pickle's next block of swimming lessons which I will need to pay for in a couple of weeks.

So... all set for three days of no spending, let's see how I get on.
    I really need to crack on with some surveys as I'm not going to make my mop pot targets on what is left in the budget.

Wish

Update on day 20

MSE NOVEMBER GOALS

Target 3: £400 capital reduction £24.50/£100

£0.09 Qm33
    £15.00 - VO

4) Nsds 8/13
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Another day done.
    Pickle was at the Childminder's and I had the day 'off' some would say for the first day off in 18months (since Pickle was born) I should treat myself. And I will, in time. But today has been a busy day. I spent the morning in the office filing 18months worth of bank statements and bills and sorting through receipts for hubby's tax return. I used to do this every school holiday, but it's got a bit behind. I've told hubby we can't let it get so behind again, but as I'll be using the office weekly again (as I did when I was teaching) I should be able to keep on top of it.
    We really need some more shelving in there, so will need to contact a joiner to get a bespoke solution (it's the loft space so standard shelving won't necessarily fit.

I sat down and ate my lunch whilst watching tv- this was a treat.

Made a lemon meringue pie from scratch for tea tonight (but one person is poorly and has cancelled) - so not sure what's happening now.
    Then ran some errands - dbs to supply agency (so can start getting work from them from next week) posted my contract for the nursery job, and dropped a parcel off that needed returning to Amaz0n.
    Then I finally got to sit down and start on my Christmas sewing makes. I'm making fabric notebook covers, I've got all the lining and wading cut out and 2 lots of the outer fabric with one set pinned up.

I've bought 'fat quarters' for the outer fabric (£7 and will make 10 covers) wadding was £6.50 for enough for 12 and the lining is left over curtain lining from making Pickle's curtains last year. Notebooks were £1 from the £shop. So working out about. £2.25 each, which I don't think is bad at all.

Nsd as planned and mop pot increase is from yesterday's Tilly tidy which I didn't do prior to my post.

Tomorrow is a work day. Will take lunch & drinks with me, so hopefully a nsd as well.

Keep saving everyone.
    Wish

Update on day 21

MSE NOVEMBER GOALS

Target 3: £400 capital reduction £25.31/£100

£0.09 Qm33
    £15.00 - VO

4) Nsds 9/13
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Here I am not even 7pm and already in my pjs in my room, waiting for Pickle to drop off to sleep before I curl up in a ball to sleep. Today has been long and tiring. Meeting for work, only an hour's drive away, but it wasn't an easy drive, wind & rain on the motorway made it quite tricky.
    I ended up being nearly an hour early, (had to do a suitcase swap for hubby who's been working on a gig in the city and is trvalleing to the midlands tonight, then onto London and miscalculated how long it would take - better that way than the other though)
    So in order not to be ridiculously early I pulled into a coffee shop, spent a fortune on a mediocre drink and dealt with my work emails using their free wifi. This means today was not a nsd as I had planned, but I also needed a wee, so it was worth it.

Spent an hour at the baby group that I volunteer at this afternoon, then a bit of admin work for the last couple of hours of the working day. Tomorrow is an entire day of work, I think it's going to be a tough one. Hence the early night.

In other news, £5.50 cashback from sh0pmium for a veg pot salad thing and a soup - so free lunches for the next few days and an addition to both the mop pot and the 'earnings' pot. Tilly tidy from the coffee stop brings the mop pot up a little and hoping for a nsd tomorrow.

Update on day 22

MSE NOVEMBER GOALS

Target 3: £400 capital reduction £31.71/£100

3) surveys, cashback etc £20.59/£30
    £0.09 Qm33
    £15.00 - VO
    £5.50 - Sh0pmium

4) Nsds 9/13
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Reallly not much to report today, working from home so nothing in and nothing out. So the only item to update is the nsd count. Which is inching towards target (good job really as we're nearing the end of the month)

Tomorrow - normally mum's breakfast/coffee in the morning but I'm not sure who's around, then heading over to my parents for the weekend. This means it could be a low spend/no spend weekend, or we could end up going out, doing lots of things and spending a bit. We'll see. I'm hoping to get lots of surveys and get lots of knitting done.
    I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Wish

Update on day 23

MSE NOVEMBER GOALS

Target 3: £400 capital reduction £31.71/£100

3) surveys, cashback etc £20.59/£30
    £0.09 Qm33
    £15.00 - VO
    £5.50 - Sh0pmium

4) Nsds 10/13
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure