Barclaycard Cashback removing the 1% Amex card

Options

Comments

• grumpyoldwoman
    Options
    I stopped receiving cashback on the Amex card on 5th July, my statement date, so I haven't used it since then. I have used the Visa card but none of those purchases are showing online since the account is showing the new card details, which I haven't received yet. I am supposed to receive the new card by 19th which gives them just over a week to get it to me. It's all a bit of a mess if you ask me.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    For some reason I stopped receiving cashback on my Amex card on 3rd July although my statement date is 15th.

I got a letter from Barclaycard saying 3rd July was the last day I would earn cashback on my Amex card but they don't appear to have credited the cashback for those purchases although they have paid all the rest.I will wait for the next statement to see if they show it then.

Luckily I received my new cards a couple of weeks ago but they do not start until 1st August. I am going to cut the new Amex card up because I cannot see when I would ever use it!
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Terry98 wrote: »
    For some reason I stopped receiving cashback on my Amex card on 3rd July although my statement date is 15th.

I got a letter from Barclaycard saying 3rd July was the last day I would earn cashback on my Amex card but they don't appear to have credited the cashback for those purchases although they have paid all the rest.I will wait for the next statement to see if they show it then.

Luckily I received my new cards a couple of weeks ago but they do not start until 1st August. I am going to cut the new Amex card up because I cannot see when I would ever use it!

Why on earth would they send you a new Amex card when they're doing away with them? It might be worth sending them a secure message about your missing cashback. I got all mine okay with my last statement.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'd guess Barclaycard probably renewed them under the old scheme as they were expiring and Terry98's new visa will arrive soon so probably will never get to use them.
  • crumpetman
    crumpetman Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    My current Barclaycard Visa/Amex cards expire 08 2017, some people may have ones expiring this month hence getting replacement cards to use for only a matter of days before the new single card is issued.
  • rainbowskies
    rainbowskies Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    My new cashback Visa arrived today from Barclaycard. For anyone wondering, it looks identical to the Visa cashback card from the Amex/Visa duo. The only difference is the card number, expiry date, etc.
    EMERGENCY FUND £1644.03 / £3000 (55% SAVED)
    CAR FUND £1200 / £1200 (100% SAVED)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My new cashback Visa arrived today from Barclaycard. For anyone wondering, it looks identical to the Visa cashback card from the Amex/Visa duo. The only difference is the card number, expiry date, etc.

Why didn't they simply void the Amex cards then?
    Seems much effort for very little gain.
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options

The thumbnail has been updated in my online banking and a grey card similar to the old world Mastercard is there.
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    miller wrote: »
    The thumbnail has been updated in my online banking and a grey card similar to the old world Mastercard is there.

I noticed this the other day, expecting the new card to look like that - instead it is the exact same one as the duo visa card.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why on earth would they send you a new Amex card when they're doing away with them? It might be worth sending them a secure message about your missing cashback. I got all mine okay with my last statement.

Mystery almost solved.

I got another new card in the post yesterday with the new account number so I will start using that now.

I have got no idea why they sent me new cards (Amex and Visa) with the old account numbers starting 08/17 a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully my statement, due in a couple of days, will explain the missing cashback.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure