Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Comments

• legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,542 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    2.25 O's here today:D
    Tomorrow's looking good...not :mad:torrential rain:eek:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • 2.38os in Grange
    6.72kw Pv Ja Solar 280w * 24 panels, Solar Edge inverter, South facing no shading.
    South Lake District, delightful view of Morecambe Bay. Not Saving up for a battery too expensive:j:mad::hello:

July Solar target 769kw
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 May 2017 at 11:07PM
    2.38os in Grange
    1/2 way ish in May; your target = 122.02 O's; my system has achieved 60.72 O's to date: so very achievable me thinks. I need to do £126.18p worth of FIT in the next 6 days to equal last years 1/4 for this period (fat chance) thanks to Inverter malfunction..:(coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    2 rotten days down, and 1 more to go, before a promised (yeah right!) week of good sun.

Still above target but sliding down. :(
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • old_grouser
    old_grouser Posts: 176 Forumite
    More lovely rain overnight and more promised - but yesterday was a sub-maiden (5.8 Os). Unfortunately something (and not the thermostat) has caused the 6 month old immersion to give up, so no free hot water.
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • 3.65 O's yesterday, just shy of the average required for per day for May. I expect to slip even further today.
    3.99KW SunEdison (14 * 285W), Solis inverter, iBoost, Herts, roughly SW facing
  • Oscargrouch
    What a grotty day; rain, rain & more rain...at least I have managed to use a large percentage of it...:rotfl: coffee.gif

Today_zps8z6j0jyq.jpg
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    :mad: Not even an O
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It's been raining practically all day but I've still managed 4.076 kWh which is at least twice what I need to generate to compensate for the interest lost on the cash used to buy the kit.

But on the bright side, I've collected almost 3 cu. m of rainwater over the last couple of days so should be able to flush lavatories for the next six weeks or so :D
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • Oscargrouch
    edited 17 May 2017 at 8:37PM
    :)
    EricMears wrote: »
    But on the bright side, I've collected almost 3 cu. m of rainwater over the last couple of days so should be able to flush lavatories for the next six weeks or so :D
    I bet the rest of your household are pleased to be able to get the pegs off their noses....:rotfl:
    Grotty day.. 00.64 O's..:eek: worst day all month..coffee.gif...so far..:(

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback