Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Any VAT experts amongst us?

I have an offer from Quidco of £10 back on any purchase of £10 plus VAT.

So what is my minimum spend to meet this?

Also I presume I must avoid zero-rated items like kids' clothing.

TIA. x
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Well, we are off to a wedding today, but it is a couple of hours away so we have a hotel tonight, might or might not be back on later.

Enjoy your day...hope it keeps dry :)
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    bubbs wrote: »
    £60 worth of sausages and bacon for £10.00 (New customers) @ Amazon Fresh (Selected Postcodes only)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/60-worth-sausages-bacon-for-10-new-customers-amazon-fresh-selected-postcodes-only-2529502
    Got £60 worth of fruit and veg being delivered to my sisters this Saturday, using a amazon fresh offer. :eek: We dividing it between me, 2 sisters and my mum. Should be fun :D
  • gocat
    Anon wrote: »
    Thank you - have we heard of the iOS only Green Jinn app until this? It is one that has passed me by.

Edit - launched 24/9 - some graphics look like MSM?

Anon
    Yes its the one we all got £2 for buying a banana a few weeks back. Noting the offers AAU has put up. Thought I wouldn't be going to sains again for a while :rotfl:
  • gocat
    aau1 wrote: »
    Medium happy eggs

£1.45 in S, 80p cb (on GJ and ST)
    https://www.facebook.com/couponsandcashback/posts/1756894447892981
    I think its for large eggs only at green jinn.
    waiting to be corrected

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Just starting to make another list :D

This week I meet up with 2 people who I meet up with once a month - more acquaintances than actual friends.
    I used to get through this ordeal with very little hassle, enough topics of conversation between the 3 of us.
    The issue is that now both ladies travel into town on the bus together (one lady cant get her lift anymore) so by the time we meet up those 2 have caught up on everything they have done over the month as its quite a long bus trip for them.
    So now I am the entire centre of attention :eek: and I am the basis of all conversation starters :eek:

I get asked questions about the family which is fine except one lady has no children and one has an almost delinquent son so whatever i say about my gang comes out like a parental boast so I have to steer it away from what my 3 have been doing or not doing
    Similarly with the next holiday, i can tell them what ports we are doing and what excursions we are thinking of but again it sounds like blowing your own trumpets :) (we dont do the same sort of holidays, one has a static caravan and the other has business trips or very drunken holidays in sunshine resorts :) )

so far the list is looking very desperate so any suggestions would be greatly received :)

putting the heating on and the cost of coal
    flu jabs and the cost of vitamin c + zinc tablets
    health issues, OH health, doctors apps, waiting for results etc
    cats jabs and eating habits
    Marks - sales, Sparks cards
    winter coats
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,894 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Busylizzie wrote: »
    Morning Everyone :)

Really excited this morning as been contacted by a firm of heir hunters as a distant cousin has died intestate....not sure what it means yet but hope it might pay for a holiday next year :j

Feel a bit sad though as he was only about six years older than me but never married, both parents dead and very shy. I haven't seen him since I was about 12. Excited but don't really feel entitled to money from someone I didn't really know.

Hi there

Something similar happened to me a few years ago. Also a cousin - I had only met him once when I was about 5. He was a bit of a loner but had led a fascinating life in the merchant navy, all over the world, for years and then settled in Jersey living on his own. The 'heir hunters' did give us lots of information about his life which was nice. The estate was shared between 6 cousins and was still a tidy sum even after the HH's took their cut but it took about two years to sort it all out. I too had very mixed feelings about benefitting from the estate of someone I hardly knew. Just wish circumstances had enabled us to get to know one another even if just a little......
  • Busylizzie wrote: »
    Morning Everyone :)

Really excited this morning as been contacted by a firm of heir hunters as a distant cousin has died intestate....not sure what it means yet but hope it might pay for a holiday next year :j

Feel a bit sad though as he was only about six years older than me but never married, both parents dead and very shy. I haven't seen him since I was about 12. Excited but don't really feel entitled to money from someone I didn't really know.

we are in the process of one of these claims.we thought there was just the 3 on my oh`s family but they have found 50 claiments so far:eek:.this was someone we didnt know anything about but feel v.sad he died with no family and by the sound of friends either.:(we got a letter asking us to go on the bbc prog:eek:.not a chance.:rotfl:
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    £20 plus VAT is £24 I believe (if VAT is payable at the normal rate.)
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • mhoc wrote: »
    Just starting to make another list :D

This week I meet up with 2 people who I meet up with once a month - more acquaintances than actual friends.
    I used to get through this ordeal with very little hassle, enough topics of conversation between the 3 of us.
    The issue is that now both ladies travel into town on the bus together (one lady cant get her lift anymore) so by the time we meet up those 2 have caught up on everything they have done over the month as its quite a long bus trip for them.
    So now I am the entire centre of attention :eek: and I am the basis of all conversation starters :eek:

I get asked questions about the family which is fine except one lady has no children and one has an almost delinquent son so whatever i say about my gang comes out like a parental boast so I have to steer it away from what my 3 have been doing or not doing
    Similarly with the next holiday, i can tell them what ports we are doing and what excursions we are thinking of but again it sounds like blowing your own trumpets :) (we dont do the same sort of holidays, one has a static caravan and the other has business trips or very drunken holidays in sunshine resorts :) )

so far the list is looking very desperate so any suggestions would be greatly received :)

putting the heating on and the cost of coal
    flu jabs and the cost of vitamin c + zinc tablets
    health issues, OH health, doctors apps, waiting for results etc
    cats jabs and eating habits
    Marks - sales, Sparks cards
    winter coats

In that case Mhoc I'd be asking myself if I really actually want to meet them. Flu jabs and the price of coal :eek: you could show them your new coat have you bought it yet?

Well deserved break had and nice left over roast from yesterday although I feel more like having a sleep than painting.

Nsd number 4 for me :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport