PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

EA requires ID before submitting offer

Options
2»

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    How often does that happen? (People making offers on a property with no intention - or hope - of actually buying it).
  • monkeysrevenge
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    How often does that happen? (People making offers on a property with no intention - or hope - of actually buying it).

Not likely - but possible.

We had someone view our house who apparently wanted a character property with a big garden and parking within 5 minutes walk to our local town centre.

Our house had zero of these characteristics, and yet they still wasted our time in waiting in for them to view with no intention of buying.

There are weirdos out there and I'd rather suffer as few of them as possible!
  • always_sunny
    always_sunny Posts: 8,314 Forumite
    Options
    G_M wrote: »
    Complain in writing, quoting the Code of Practice above. EAs need to learn not to do this.......

Why bother? The flat was gone anyway, seems lots of work for not much reward.
    I just stopped using them.
    EU expat working in London
  • DML025
    DML025 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I understand that proof of funds is important for an EA. However, two things:

1. An AIP doesn't provide proof of funds on its own. Proof of deposit along with an AIP is a far stronger indication. Even then, it isn't really "proof", just an indication that the bank would be willing to lend to you, providing everything else checks out.

2. Why can't ID & AIP etc. be provided after an offer has been accepted? Requesting an appointment along with AIP, ID, bank statements prior to an offer having been accepted just smells of up-selling to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure