20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    beanielou wrote: »
    Yes, that sounds good.
    My syns will be mainly orange smarties!!
    I did not keep to the plan. I was fine until 1pm then I blew it. And you?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Sorry today wasn't a great one but it could well be worse. Onwards and upwards and fingers crossed that tomorrow is better.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The creative award sounds fantastic. I will keep my fingers crossed you get it.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Oooh wishing you luck with the creative award.

Agree deferring gym is sensible - much better to do something about it, you can decide what next when you need to decide :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,125 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Healthy eating.What's that.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • JoJoC
    Another one with fingers crossed about the creative award! That's a fantastic thing to aim for and even if it doesn't go the way you want it to, think of it as a learning and development experience :)

You mentioned before that a big bonus of the gym is having a nice area to shower since your bathroom isn't how you'd like it - have you given up on that for now? If so, you're doing the right thing by pausing the gym membership.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
  • JoJoC
    Positive day and productive day! Well done!

Irritating about the unpleasant gym encounter but if you're stuck with it you may as well make the most of it.

Think of the swimming as a chance to clear your mind!

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,125 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Enjoy the swimming.
    Hope you love the coat :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Positive day and productive day! Well done!

Irritating about the unpleasant gym encounter but if you're stuck with it you may as well make the most of it.

Think of the swimming as a chance to clear your mind!
    Good point. Swimming will keep me afloat mentally. Sorry about the pun :D
    beanielou wrote: »
    Enjoy the swimming.
    Hope you love the coat :)
    I didn't love the coat enough so back it goes...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sensible decision on the coat.

Hurrah for gardening, and some self care.

I read that Aldi put their 50% stickers on at 7pm the night before - so 7 tonight the stickers go on for stuff dated 22nd. I go in straight from dropping the boys in the morning so am in for 9am and by then its bakery/fruit/veg left that is reduced and ours is still fairly empty. Its been like that the last few times I have been in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure