Does anyone have experience of Future Comms?

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Is it O2 passing the numbers on or a company who work with O2 in some capacity. Or is it just numbers that have been acquired over time where they do a quick search and see its in the O2 range and hope you are still with O2 and not switched.

Had a call a while back saying my Vodafone number was due an upgrade, it used to be on Voda but I switched a couple of years back. So they were just fishing. I didn't let on it was not Voda, I said its a company phone and I dont have authority to arrange new accounts.

That should take it off the list, probably add me to a different one though :)
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 22 December 2018 at 9:46AM
    we sent letter by recorded delivery to CEO of O2 asking him to investigate whether his company was knowingly or by negligence - encouraging criminal activity by "Future Comms" and to then pass any information on to police.. we got no response to that demand - but O2 executive did immediately get "Future Comms" to pay the £150 owing..

We have now declared to both "Future Comms" and O2 that all contracts are void and instructed them to destroy all record/s of bank details..

So we do not know whether they will be threatening Court action or taking us to Court or whether any of them will ever be put on trial for various crimes including conspiracy to pervert the course of justice ??

I wouldn't worry too much about the court action; it's probably not worthwhile them pursuing it to that extent (though unless they have agreed to end the contract early they will wreck your external credit files for the next 6 years and (most likely) pass the debt onto a debt collector, which will rapidly escalate the amount owed).

You can "declare" whatever you like; it's meaningless in terms of your contract. The police won't care less - and you haven't explained why its "criminal" or on what basis you've unilaterlally stopped paying your contract. Unless Future Comms agreed to end it at no remaing cost, your problems are probably just beginning.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    The answer with all these threads is not to do business on the phone if you're not confident enough to say no.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    we sent letter by recorded delivery to CEO of O2 asking him to investigate whether his company was knowingly or by negligence - encouraging criminal activity by "Future Comms" and to then pass any information on to police.. we got no response to that demand - but O2 executive did immediately get "Future Comms" to pay the £150 owing..

We have now declared to both "Future Comms" and O2 that all contracts are void and instructed them to destroy all record/s of bank details..

So we do not know whether they will be threatening Court action or taking us to Court or whether any of them will ever be put on trial for various crimes including conspiracy to pervert the course of justice ??

Oh dear, where to start?

Suffice to say, your problems are likely just starting. Expect to see a trashed credit file and possibly bailiffs at the door. You can’t just “declare” a contract void without the explicit approval of the other party.
    ====
  • pmduk

We have now declared to both "Future Comms" and O2 that all contracts are void and instructed them to destroy all record/s of bank details.

Think about it. If it were that easy to get out of a contract, why would anybody ever honour one?
  • "You can’t just “declare” a contract void without the explicit approval of the other party"
    UNLESS there are one or more genuine and legally sound reasons for doing so..
    in the case of "future coms" - it is rather incredible that more people are not doing the same and walking away from being screwed over by these obvious fraudsters..
  • pmduk
    edited 11 January 2019 at 8:52AM
    "You can’t just “declare” a contract void without the explicit approval of the other party"
    UNLESS there are one or more genuine and legally sound reasons for doing so..
    in the case of "future coms" - it is rather incredible that more people are not doing the same and walking away from being screwed over by these obvious fraudsters..

Remember that it is only a court that decides whether your reason is legal and sound. In the meantime your credit rating is trashed for years.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 13 February 2019 at 11:55AM
    As believable as a con artist. You have completely ignored forum rules and made a completely incredulous sales pitch.

Avoid like the plague. Reported as spam.

That was fast; first post from them (claiming to be them) removed.
  • It came back again after it was deleted. Changed only to tone down the sales pitch. Persistent con-artist, especially since I previously reported it and bothered to explain why. Maybe that's how they try and circumvent the rules.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Unauthorised company rep posts deleted again
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income