Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• I have just got straight through on this number half an hour ago: 03337 594 464

My current offer via the phone is 50% of original bundle but no credit offered, I declined, he did mumble something about 60% for the bigger packages which included sports but as I was only after the original it was said quickly in passing.
  • DaveW007
    DaveW007 Posts: 382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 September 2017 at 3:13PM
    I've been with Sky for 11 years 10 months and 8 days so they told me today. I am also a Platinum VIP customer. :-)

All in all I am happy with the package I have apart from the cost.

I currently have TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile with them and always haggle each and every year to get the best deal.

Where the previous 12 months I had just over £20.00 per month discount, for the next 18 months they will only offer £12.40!

Is it worth waiting a few days and try again or shall I go with what they have offered?

I currently have:

TV Original Mix (Sky+ box)
    Unlimited Broadband
    Phone (Evenings and Weekends)
    Mobile phone

What are the benefits of a Sky Q box? Would I get a better discount with this?

Thanks
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I have just spoken to Sky retention`s to give notice to cancel as our bill is due to increase from £35 to £96 next month. (we got an amazing deal last year when moving from Virgin which included Box sets, line rental, fibre BB, Sky Q 2tb box and multi screen).

Sky said all their really good offers have changed but he would see what he could do... 10% off TV! and nothing else was coming up. That would have saved me £3.80.

I am now on notice to be cut off on on 7th October. Have just seen 30% off tv showing on my account, which wasn`t there before. Do they only give % off offers on the TV part?

I really don`t want to leave Sky so am really hoping for a call to negotiate some kind of reasonable price for our package . I know I will not get the same price as I have been paying. Could I ask how long you had to wait for a call if you got one.

Thanks
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 September 2017 at 3:22PM
    Not exactly retention deal.

Upgrade offer sports Prem and cinema 28 per month no contract.

Via e-chat last week-accepted includes hd and uhd via sky and hd via mini box.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • katies_mum wrote: »
    I have just spoken to Sky retention`s to give notice to cancel as our bill is due to increase from £35 to £96 next month. (we got an amazing deal last year when moving from Virgin which included Box sets, line rental, fibre BB, Sky Q 2tb box and multi screen).

Sky said all their really good offers have changed but he would see what he could do... 10% off TV! and nothing else was coming up. That would have saved me £3.80.

I am now on notice to be cut off on on 7th October. Have just seen 30% off tv showing on my account, which wasn`t there before. Do they only give % off offers on the TV part?

I really don`t want to leave Sky so am really hoping for a call to negotiate some kind of reasonable price for our package . I know I will not get the same price as I have been paying. Could I ask how long you had to wait for a call if you got one.

Thanks
    The TV package is separate from the line rental/BB package, you haven't scheduled a cancellation on the LR/BB too I hope?
  • katies_mum
    Hi, yes I have cancelled both! should I not have done this?
  • I phoned Sky again yesterday and was given £17.00 discount per month over the next 18 months. I did push for more and after speaking to a manager the adviser could only offer an extra £25.00 as a credit on my next bill.

Sky don't seem to be giving as much with discounts now as the used to.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    katies_mum wrote: »

Just can cancel your TV. If you cancel b/band and phone, you will lose them within 14 days. Suggest you give Sky a call to stop your cancel of phone and b/band.

Never cancel b/band and phone. Find another supplier (like BT, Plusnnet, etc) and transfer your phone and b/band to them. They will then contact Sky to stop your phone and b/band services after they have been transferred to them
  • katies_mum wrote: »

As above ^^^

Also you'd lose your phone number and possibly end up paying cease or reconnect fees (but that's dependant on who you go with).
  • katies_mum
    Thank you both, Sky have done the cancellation for the phone/BB and the TV on the same day 7th October. Which is when my contract ends.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback