EE to Vodafone

Options
DoaM
DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
I'm getting a new company phone next week. Current one is a Microsoft Lumia 640 on EE; new one will be an iPhone 6S on Vodafone. (I've just found out that the company will be migrating all accounts to Vodafone).

What experience do my fellow forumites have with Vodafone? (As a network provider - I'm not concerned with customer services as that's a problem for my employer to handle).

PS - I'm in west-central Scotland (Motherwell area) in case it matters.

TIA.

Comments

• DoaM
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    What experience do my fellow forumites have with Vodafone? (As a network provider - I'm not concerned with customer services as that's a problem for my employer to handle).
    Given there have been 150 views and no replies, I guess the answer to the question is NONE. ;)
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you tried reading through the forum?
  • techquest
    Options
    I have used Vodafone in the past, on a UK wide basis, and had no issues with them. Like EE they are one of the 4 network providers the UK and they have some of the best equipment available. I have worked on their equipment and it was always the best of the best. So I would imagine their service is still as good. The service in the Motherwell area is 4g and good coverage.
  • DoaM
    Options
    Well I have my new phone now (iPhone 6S) on Vodafone ... between 50% and 75% signal strength (2 or 3 of 4 bars) and 4G at home (indoors). Speed test results (LTE):

Google - 10.8meg down, 5.6meg up
    Speedtest.net - 11.5meg down, 4.2meg up

Not exactly earth-shattering.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Well I have my new phone now (iPhone 6S) on Vodafone ... between 50% and 75% signal strength (2 or 3 of 4 bars) and 4G at home (indoors). Speed test results (LTE):

Google - 10.8meg down, 5.6meg up
    Speedtest.net - 11.5meg down, 4.2meg up

Not exactly earth-shattering.

I never found Vodafone to be comparable to EE in the 12 months I was with them (back with EE now).

Their customer service is a lot worse than EE’s in my experience as well.
    ====
  • stuuyb
    stuuyb Posts: 30 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    I never found Vodafone to be comparable to EE in the 12 months I was with them (back with EE now).

Their customer service is a lot worse than EE’s in my experience as well.

Have to agree. Was with them for years, offers are fairly good, however as soon as u have problems, good luck getting their customer services to do anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure