Nectar summer double up

I know this deal has passed, but I feel I'm being fobbed off by nectar and was hoping for some constructive advice...I had 2 of the pizza express 2meals for £5 worth of nectar points on my phone in the nectar app. So I booked a table and took my family (2 adults and 2 children) out for dinner. We ordered 4 main dishes within the t+C's (which meant ordering my children adult meals) which were all very nice. When I came to pay the voucher codes didn't work. The app said they were both valid, and the waiter also agreed that they should work, however his scanner could not get them to work. So I paid full value and thought I'd take it up with Nectar.
I did take it up with nectar and was given a reference number with the promise that they would get back to me within 28days. 5weeks passed so I thought I'd do some more investigating.
The chap this morning on the chat apologised and offered me 2000 points uploaded to my card...I refused as that's only worthy £10 and I had to spend just short of £50 because the voucher codes didn't work. He then offered me an additional 1000 which is still only £15 that can only be spent via nectar. I asked for him to take it to his superior (which I thought should've already happen because I was given a reference number and asked to wait a month) the superior phoned me immediately, but just kept repeating that they would give me 3000 points (worth £15) on my nectar card.
Am I wrong to think this is unacceptable for a fault with their app? If I actually the £15 worth of nectar points, I'm still £35ish short of money that I wouldn't have spent had I not got the vouchers.
I have screenshots of the vouchers showing that they are in date, and my recipe to show we ordered the correct food for the deal.

Comments

• shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Seems obvious to me that they should give you money (not points) to cover the additional cash you had to spend as a result. My advice would be to stop speaking on the phone and put pen to paper in the form of a complaint, both about the initial problem and also about the way it's been dealt with. I would go with something like this:

-Such a fan of Sainsburys for quality and customer service. Great experiences in the past.
    -All looking forward to meal for special family occasion.
    -So disappointed vouchers didn't work. This was clearly a failure of your systems. Please see attached evidence.
    -Had no alternative but to pay, and had ordered more expensive food because we had the vouchers. This cost a lot of money at a time of year when cash was tight. Had to cancel other treats as a result.
    -So disappointed with the outcome of dealings with customer service so far. Knowing how Sainsbury's prides itself on treating customers fairly didn't occur to me that this would be a problem.
    -Frustrated to have to spend the time putting pen to paper. This is a very poor customer experience.
    -Seems clear that I should be reimbursed in full for the money spent as a result of a failure of your systems. This seems like the only fair outcome.
    -Look forward to hearing from you and hope you can restore my faith in Sainsburys.

I imagine this would get the refund and a goodwill payment.

Ooo I love a good complain!:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport