22 Foxhole East

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    So far kitchen cleaned and the lime drizzle cake baked and drizzled before 7am.

Surveys done - made £2.00 so far

List made for the stuff I want to achieve today.

We tried to go in DH's car yesterday, oh the surprise when it would not start (please note the sarcasm) it is 12 yrs old and a Renault. Nuff said. But it is a 7 seater and that is what we need, if only the poxy thing would work. So we are going to charge the battery and see if that is the problem. The battery is less than a year old. It is simply unreliable, which should be the strap line on all their advertising. Renault - Simply Unreliable. Or as the last tow man told me, what do you expect, it is a f- ing over- engineered French piece of merde. Ooh la la!

But it does mean we cannot go anywhere all together as my Nissan seats 5. Just in time for Half Term. Bliss.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I feel your pain - we have a 7 seater (VW Sharan - naff name) and my 5 seat Golf. When previous 7 seater (Galaxy) kept just stopping and no one could find out why we were without it for a few weeks (as it went in 3 times before a fault was found - involving a tow truck each time - grr) - including a family birthday where there was no chance we could fit in my car :( We're ok theoretically most of the time now, as eldest is at uni. However, when she's back and her bf is around and DS1's gf is around we now need both cars to fit us all in :D

Most impressed at your early start and productivity - OH got up at 6.25 with youngest here - leaving me to a lie in until 8.35 - when he woke me with a cup of tea :D :T
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    So far kitchen cleaned and the lime drizzle cake baked and drizzled before 7am.

Surveys done - made £2.00 so far

List made for the stuff I want to achieve today.

We tried to go in DH's car yesterday, oh the surprise when it would not start (please note the sarcasm) it is 12 yrs old and a Renault. Nuff said. But it is a 7 seater and that is what we need, if only the poxy thing would work. So we are going to charge the battery and see if that is the problem. The battery is less than a year old. It is simply unreliable, which should be the strap line on all their advertising. Renault - Simply Unreliable. Or as the last tow man told me, what do you expect, it is a f- ing over- engineered French piece of merde. Ooh la la!

But it does mean we cannot go anywhere all together as my Nissan seats 5. Just in time for Half Term. Bliss.

I must say my 13yr old Renault is a great little runner (that's jinxed it!) aside from a leaky sunroof (I call it internal climate simulation :rotfl:) apart from a few relatively minor issues it's had. Including flat bettery which was fixed via a heavy duty one being put in...will prob last longer than the car now.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• f0xh0les
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I must say my 13yr old Renault is a great little runner (that's jinxed it!) .

All I can say is 'may your Renault always turn over', it is a bit like May the Force be with you.
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    We went over a speed bump in it, just after we bought it, and the dashboard just went dead. No idea how fast we were going, how much fuel was left, it was terrifying. It has electric sensors for everything that is non essential.

That and the emergency brake release being in the boot, when our drive sloped toward the road. So when the battery kept going flat, unless you had someone to sit in the car with their foot on the brake, you could not roll it or bump start it. Stupid thing. But provides endless laughs, usually from tow truck drivers as soon as I mention driving to Ireland..........
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Well I have developed a cold on the left side of my head. The right side is fine but I have half a headache, one sore eye, one blocked nostril and a half a sore throat! Ridiculous!

So I am wrapped up in my warmest pjs on the sofa with a fluffy dressing gown and the football on tv stolen over the interweb from mr Sk7.
    I thought I had not done any meter readings for a while, so logged on to my account to find it saying I was £358 in credit - it seems it takes your dd but does not allocate it until you give readings and my last reading was in August, so I put them in and refreshed the page, I am £2.50 in credit, so I suppose the DD is about at the right level.
    I pay £65 a month for gas and electric combined, but the heating is only on when kids are home and it seems the little heater I got as a boost for the living room does not use that many £s.
    So much better than last year when we were in a rented house with stupid card meters. £10 every 3 days, and that was just the electric.

So that is one worry that does not need to be worried about.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh - that's good. Our combined gas and electric is about £140 a month.... :(
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • GilmoreGirl
    Options
    Hi foxholes,

What company do you use for gas and electricity?
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Might be because we are in a terrace, rather than a detached / semi detached. That and we have a hot water tank in the bathroom. 30 mins in the morning gives us hot water all day and 30 mins in the evening gives enough hot water for the supper dishes and a full deep bath. The washing machine is cold feed only and AA rated. The dryer is A+ rated.

The central heating goes on 10 minutes before the kids get up in the morning for half an hour and then it comes on again at 5pm until 9pm. No point heating the house when everyone is in bed under a nice thick duvet. I was a bit worried as DH is a serial +1 hour presser on the heating controls, and seems to think he needs to live in sauna conditions, but he works in a university which seems to be heated to a level where you would be comfortable if you came to work having forgotten your clothes.

I run around the house at breakfast time turning lights and computers off and again at bedtime turning ds chargers and laptops and lamps and god knows what else off. But I think I am doing alright if we can still be in credit in winter, when we use so much less in the Summer/Autumn months.
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Hi foxholes,

What company do you use for gas and electricity?

EDF energy on the Simply Fixed tariff until May 2017

I was with British Gas for about 6 weeks, they wanted £160 odd a month and I thought no way am I paying that amount on a dd just to try and get it back again, so I did a price comparison and EDF came up best, so I did. All online, read your own meter, not the least bother. British Gas ended up getting about £40 out of me. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Big fat refund cheque.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure