Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 2 - Groundhog Day

Comments

• Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Ah ccl, your nice trying to cater for fussy kids. When I was a kid, I got the old 2 choices for dinner.....take or leave it :rotfl:

Nearly half term.......:j:j:j
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • Bobarella wrote: »
    So they will eat quite a lot then between them which is good! I was wondering with my catering hat on whether you could almost do a buffet style meal for them, that way they can mix and match what they want to eat and leftovers could be used up in your own meals. Anyway you sound like you've got it under control :)

That's a fantastic idea Bob - and one I hadn't thought of. I love the thought of a nice hot buffet meal. Yummy.
  • Florence_J wrote: »
    What is this small things thread CCL? Sounds interesting. Are you able to post a link to it?

It's a thread that goes up weekly on the main page. What small DFW things will you do this week? - there's a new one every Monday but here is the link to this week's thread.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5598326
    I highly recommend it - the people on there are lovely and it helps keep me on the straight and narrow.
  • Morning all :coffee:
    It is SO cold and miserable out there this morning. I just can't keep the temperature up in the house. I'm still in my fluffy pj's, under a blanket. It keeps battering down hailstones outside. I half wish I didn't need to go out today - but I do. It's been way too long since I caught up with my family.
    At the moment I'm having my morning cuppa and tv catch up while everyone else is still sleeping. Not such a great night with ds last night, but no big deal. After we had watched tv in his room he sneaked downstairs to see his dad and watch football, then fell asleep on the sofa. He woke me up at 4am and I came downstairs while he got in with his dad. They're all still asleep now. I'm going to watch last night's Casualty and then make a start for the day. We're going to visit my dad, who I haven't seen for ages. I feel we're long overdue a catch up, plus I have made a blanket for his cat that I need to drop off. My mam has asked me to pop to Aldee for her while I'm in the town where my dad lives (dangerous after yesterday's wool spends) and then we're going to her place for dinner and relaxation time. I reckon that will take most of the day to be honest.
    Other than that, just the usual Sunday stuff to sort - getting the kids ready for school tomorrow (still a week until our half term), housework and stage 1 of meal planning. As we'll be eating at my mam's house today then tomorrow will have to be chicken dinner night. Could be a challenge, but I am up for it.
  • Evening all.
    Guess what - I'm in my fluffy pj's. Again. With a cuppa. Again. It's raining outside. Still.
    Today went more or less according to plan. Went to Aldee to get the wool as requested. Me and my mam are wanting to do some knitting and crochet for charity. I want to find a cat charity (obviously) and my mam is busy doing baby blankets for premature baby charities. Got to my dad's house at 11am only to find that he'd already gone out for the day :( Luckily enough I have a key so we left his cat's blanket and a bit of a note - with a promise to try and catch up with him next week instead.
    Got to my mam's and she was making chicken dinner - so I already have to rethink tomorrow night's dinner as it was going to be chicken dinner :rotfl: So instead we will be having slow cooked pork and jacket spuds. Had a good natter about anything and everything. Emptied out all of my worries and anxiety for the time being - she thinks I should go back to the docs about my anxiety. Says if I'm doing all the CBT stuff, am self aware and still finding it a bit of a struggle then we might need to look at alternative medication. I'm painfully aware of how hard it is to get a doctor's appointment at the moment though and I don't want to be in there wasting their time. I'll think about it.
    Then she asked me if I would go to her favourite clothes shop with her. It's a warehouse a couple of miles from where she lives that sells all sorts of stuff that is either seconds or last season etc. So off we went. I got my eye on a skirt and top (£17 for both) but couldn't justify buying them - my mam insisted on buying them for me. I tried to talk her out of it but she says I need to look smart for my interview in London.
    Got home and same old stuff here. Cold. Whingey cats that want to go out but don't want to be out in that weather. I've got all the school stuff ready now and am just winding down for the night.
  • Morning CCL,

In case I forget, I wanted to wish you good luck with your interview (in your new attire). You really do deserve it so I'll have everything crossed.
  • Evening all
    I still have a whole week to get stressed about the interview Speky, but thanks. I'm trying to be well prepared for it but I'm incredibly nervous and it will only get worse as the interview gets closer.
    Minor stress when I got up this morning - the boiler had gone off and I couldn't get it to reset itself. It's 8 years old, which I don't consider to be that old but apparently is coming towards the end of its useful life. Thankfully my friend's hubby came round and fixed it this evening, but the unhappy news is that it cost me £60 to get it sorted out. At least we have heating and hot water again, but on top of the naughty tortie being poorly again this month then it's already proving to be somewhat expensive. At least I had the £60 to give him. I have a savings target though - £1500 for a new boiler. :eek: Think I'd better work extra hard to try and get this second job so I can have the cash for it.
    I'm just about to take ds to swimming so I'll have to go. Not sure if I'll get back on this evening or not but it's just my being busy if I'm not back tonight.
  • Ahh I wasn't sure when it was.

I know very little about this subject, but isn't there such as thing as boiler insurance? Might that be cheaper than £1,500?
  • Hi Speky - yes, I could get insurance for the boiler, but I do trust the engineer - he's my friend's husband and I know he wouldn't rip us off. It was an easy fix (touch wood) but he let me know the boiler is reaching the end of its useful life. I just didn't think that a boiler's lifespan was only 10 years but apparently it is. Just time to start saving really, and be aware that it will need to be done over the next few years. It will be good (?!?) to have something to be saving for anyway.
    I suspect that this is going to be another short visit tonight - I have to take ds to football training in about half an hour. I was completely exhausted when I got in last night and went straight up to bed. Because I'd been rushing about all evening I was a bit hungry and dehydrated when I went to bed, and I think that was the reason I woke up at 3am with a splitting headache. Absolutely nothing would shift it, and it's still niggling at the back of my eyes now. I've had paracetamol, ibuprofen, migraleve and its still there. I've made sure I'm well fed and hydrated because I don't want to be an insufferable grump all evening.
    Made it into work and I've done the bare minimum to survive (again), and the minimum of housework as well. I will do the football run and then probably be in bed quite early again tonight, just to try and sleep this off.
    I'm gutted because I have a written task to prepare for interview and I just can't be bothered to do it tonight. I've done lots of thinking but no actual writing. If I sleep well though I'll feel more like doing it.
    What a whinge - I'm getting on my own nerves. :rotfl:
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Lots of thinking is good anyway CCL, when it comes to actually do the task you will know exactly what you want to say :)

Hope the headache shifts soon and you are without the 3am wake up because of it.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport