Switching joint account to joint account?

Hi

Title says it all really, can you use the switching service to switch a joint current account to another one and qualify for some of the nice switching bonuses?

Cheers

Comments

• JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes, subject to the terms of each switching offer.

However you may find it more profitable to switch individual sole accounts, since you can then take advantage of the same offers twice (i.e. once per person).
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2018 at 7:10AM
    We switched our joint account to the Halifax a few years ago and I see their current switch offer for £135 still covers joint accounts.
    As JJ says above it's more profitable to switch sole accounts but it is best to do that by opening two individual accounts (if you don't already have them) and then switch if you want to keep your joint account as well.
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    Terry98 wrote: »
    We switched our joint account to the Halifax a few years ago and I see their current switch offer for £135 still covers joint accounts.(I have just read this https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5920185 and see someone is hoping for an extra £40 by using Quidco but I would not bank on it!).

As JJ says above it's more profitable to switch sole accounts but it is best to do that by opening two individual accounts (if you don't already have them) and then switch if you want to keep your joint account as well.

Yes exactly. ALWAYS do the sole accounts first and THEN switch the joint. For example I managed to bag me and my partner £100 each by switching to Nationwide myself, then recommending her to switch and then when that was paid switching in the joint account. Before that I switched to Halifax and got £100 from them, she switched and got £100 herself and then we switched our joint account. If the joint had been switched either first or second in either case we'd have either got a maximum of £100 between us or in Nationwide's case, nothing.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Terry98 wrote: »
    (I have just read this https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5920185 and see someone is hoping for an extra £40 by using Quidco but I would not bank on it!).
    That was an off-topic post about there being a £40 Quidco bonus for switching to NatWest, not Halifax.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    That was an off-topic post about there being a £40 Quidco bonus for switching to NatWest, not Halifax.

Thanks. I have just deleted it from my post.
  • There is nothing stopping you using CASS to switch a joint account to another joint account. As has been mentioned however, it is usually more profitable to switch individually but some banks also offer the bonus a second time to joint accounts - you will need to check the T&Cs for the particular bank's offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure