Initiative Q

Options
I've seen loads of Posts on Facebook recently about Initiative Q.

I'm extremely sceptical about this and have not signed up. But I can see that several of my FB friends have signed up, many of whom I consider to be savvy and worldly-wise.

What do you make of this Initiative?

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Seeing all other bitcoin have plummeted in value recently I don't see how they expect to make headway in a crowded market against established companies

And if anyone is thinking of posting a referral then it needs to be in the existing referral thread on the referral section
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »
    Seeing all other bitcoin have plummeted in value recently I don't see how they expect to make headway in a crowded market against established companies

And if anyone is thinking of posting a referral then it needs to be in the existing referral thread on the referral section

I've signed up. You only get 5 invites so you'd be a bit hard pressed to take it here but then...could be.

My two cents is it's worth signing up. If you read about their 'plan' it is plausible what they are doing and for the sake of what took me less then 15min to invite a few friends and accept them, I've got about 50k Q which they aim to be worth 1USD (eventually)

Now they might fail, but as I say, for sake of 15min I could end up with a large sum of money in the future for no cost.

However, for anyone reading this, you actually have to know someone to get invited in to...so you can't just go on the site and sign up I'm afaird.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Kayalana99 wrote: »

However, for anyone reading this, you actually have to know someone to get invited in to...so you can't just go on the site and sign up I'm afaird.

This is why it feels a little bit scammy to me. They seem to be trying to make it seem exclusive. Yet a couple of Facebook groups I belong to, people were inviting random strangers. I really don’t understand this invite only business.
  • Kayalana99
    edited 30 October 2018 at 7:01PM
    Options
    tonycottee wrote: »
    This is why it feels a little bit scammy to me. They seem to be trying to make it seem exclusive. Yet a couple of Facebook groups I belong to, people were inviting random strangers. I really don’t understand this invite only business.

It's basically to stop spam members joining which makes sense to me.

As for the trying to steal passwords, I guess whilst that could be a poss, it does allow you to login with facebook. The only information they have about me is my public facebook and my email, they don't even have the password in that case. And there seems an awful lot of work put in this for it to just be an email address list scam....but hey ho you never know.
  • Kayalana99
    Options
  • swindiff
    swindiff Posts: 864 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Options

That is exactly how gmail started, invite only.
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    swindiff wrote: »
    That is exactly how gmail started, invite only.

That's exactly how my neighbour's Halloween party started too. However, it doesn't explain why Initiative Q feel the need to do it.
  • swindiff
    swindiff Posts: 864 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Options
    That's exactly how my neighbour's Halloween party started too. However, it doesn't explain why Initiative Q feel the need to do it.
    I was trying to point out that just because it is invite only does not automatically make it a scam.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure