Strange message - Robinson Way

Comments

• sourcrates wrote: »
    Problem with that is they can obtain judgment by default even on a statute barred debt, if you do not tell them it!!!8217;s statute barred.

You cannot just assume it!!!8217;s SB, you must write and tell them so, as no one else will.

I did, I sent them the statute barred letter and they wrote back saying I (apparently) entered into a payment plan with them in May 2012 (didn't include proof though). Which is highly unlikely as I would have known it was or was due to go statute barred at that time.
  • I too have started receiving texts from these. I have about six now and they are bothering me! I have never had any unpaid debt or missed any payments. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Have you got any debts recorded with any of the three CRAs on your credit files? If the texts are bothering you, then either block the number or send them a proveit letter.

And welcome to the forum :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Send them another prove it letter. I sent them a second one in June after they replied to my first one earlier this year claiming that I had entered into an agreement in May 2012 therefore it wasn't statute barred. They replied this time confirming they are closing the account and ceasing all contact. Result.
  • Thanks for the responses.
    My credit rating appears excellent on one of the agencies, I only have one account.
    I will ignore them for know and see if a letter materialises, although I have just moved house in the last couple of weeks and prior to that it was 18 months which is a slight worry.
    Thanks
  • Any help please guys, I have now received a letter from Robinson Way.

It reads as the debt is from HPH ltd (ex welcome finance) for just over £2000.

I have absolutely no idea of what this debt is and I have never missed a payment on any loans etc I have had in the past.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Thanks for the help. I am so frustrated by this as I really don’t use credit often. Have no credit cards etc. Very strange.
  • Hiya,

I'd be inclined to call them but to not give any personal information at all.

It's possible there is something you've missed or forgotten about (could be something as random as a £3.20 charge for a call made while on your last phone provider that wasn't included in your last bill, weirder stuff has happened).

But that's just me, the other comments above are all good too :) especially from Sourcrates who has been around since the dawning of mankind...

Good luck!
  • I received a letter from them saying they are collecting a credit card debt from the Halifax. They sent a Halifax headed statement as proof. I have never been a Halifax client. I contacted the Halifax, they confirmed I was not and ever had been a client. They also confirmed the account number quoted by Robinson Way simply did not exist. The Halifax statement was clearly made up. I have reported this to the Halifax fraud department. Hopefully they will be paying these con artist a visit. There appears to be no formal way of reporting this sort of fraud, unless someone knows of one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure