Nst november in new york

Options

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NSD 8/15 for me today :D Just finished a very long shift at work so off to bed. Night all :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 17 November 2018 at 11:43PM
    Options
    Evening all

No NSD here, but only a very small spend so not the end of the world. Managed some studying this morning, then went to the gym, then back home for more studying. Also cooked a veggie Thai curry for me and a chicken one for OH in the slow cooker.

We went to ikea this evening to test mattresses, found one we both like, but can't agree on a bed. OH doesn't like anything I like :rotfl: I'm getting desperate though in terms of back pain and lack of sleep so if he doesn't make his mind up soon I'll just end up ordering it myself! Bought a scented candle too, £1.75 spent.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • laurenh1
    Options
    Raphael-- glad you feel a bit better.

Today is NSD #12 for me.

Not feeling very clever , was sick last night & I am currently trying to decide if eating something will help or hinder.
    Just looked at budgets, hub being sent away has scuppered our plans for our anniversary meal & means bringing it forward. The money for the actual meal doesn't matter, I can put it on my credit card & just pay it back on pay day as its budgeted for next month. However I've had to find the cash for the sitter, so, we didn't have our pre planned take away at Beamish, and instead I took a picnic. left in the budget is £47 which will do one last shop thursday this week :D
    Beamish had its own suprised as my 3YO announced to Santa he was getting something I'd never even heard of :rotfl:& when we looked online they were £60 :eek: Anyway I ordered one but I've now put a load of stuff away that I had planned to give him at xmas for his bday so thats that sorted now too. The amount he was going to be getting was riduculous!! My brother has also got them some Pjs & I have too so again they'll go away for his bday (the ones off me). Thank God we save for this all year!!

Hope you all have a fab Sunday :o
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    apple - DD had two pairs of M&S school shoes, they were the leather brogue ones and they lasted brilliantly well, the leather softened up quickly and the soles lasted the whole year (would have re-soled if necessary), DS also has their school shoes. DD is in docs now and I will never need to buy her another pair of school shoes, they are almost indestructable.

No money spent yesterday except on my replacement phone. Had a long walk with the dog, collected the phone and called at the library.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all :)

Sorry I haven’t been here, my new role started and I have not coped well. My mental health has plumitted and my debt and waist line have risen �� This was exactly what I feared would happen and why I didn’t want the role but apparently my opinion didn’t count and I was rail roaded into this role.

However, I am now starting to see the light, I am taking more time for me and focusing on the part of the job I love, the teaching.

I’ll be watching for the rest of the month and might try to join next month. I am spending too much but at this time of year and with the way I feel at the moment, getting out and meeting friends is essential and forces me to nit work ��

I haven’t got time to read back but hope you’ve all had a good month so far.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Shrewbie
    Shrewbie Posts: 714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    NSDs still on 8.

ORGANISE - Going to plan my classes for the upcoming week today.

VALUES Bites of elephant: Mon- Thurs was very good with spanish but had a lot of work to do on Friday and didn't manage. Also got rather drunk on friday night and missed my language exchange on Sat. Not happy with myself.

ENJOY Had a lovely lie in this morning though.

BUDGETS went €5 over budget this weekend but had a good time. Clearly. haha

EXERCISE None this weekend.

RULES - doing ok.

NO takeaways etc - None today.

EVERYONE - Have been paid and waiting to pay off some debt but need to wait for my dentist quote tomorrow before I can do that. May not be able to wait, really want to pay something off today. This payday was a big one as I've been working so much and really want to pay off my overdraft and a large portion of my interest owing balance of my CC. Soon I will have an extra 8 hours on Friday which is going to make a huge difference but I am going to be working harder than ever.

YOU should cook from scratch. Will make a huge batch of veggie chili today for dinners next week.

REPORT Trying to do better with that!

KINDNESS Helped housemate dealing with some spanish bureaucracy

Have a wonderful sunday turtles
    Student loan £5849
    House deposit €18K/€40k
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    X_raphael_xx - glad you have talked with bf and come to a decision. Well done you. And well done on the weight loss, fat loss and muscle gain. Impressive!

Dolly - re-soling hadn't crossed my mind - thank you! I hope these ones last...

Fmess - hellooooo! I was wondering what had happened to you. Very good to hear from you and that you are prioritising yourself. Take care and keep on going out.

Shrewbie -suerte! with spanish burocracy...!

Grateful today for my wooly hat, for companionable knitting with dd, for rugby, for Poirot, for my version of the bacon + sprout soup mentioned on here (but using chorizoand cabbage instead)being rather yummy, for dh's back improving, for encouraging friends, for dh being a most consistent and effective washer-upper, for dd's unstoppable climbing effervescence.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NSDs - 8/15 - omg this week has been unbelievably bad for NSD need to do better this week coming
    ORGANISE your time. could have done a lot more this weekend around the house but needed some chill time
    VALUES – enjoyed chilling with the kids and DH
    ENJOY yourself – as above
    MAKE an inventory of the food in your cupboards, fridge and freezer. Plan your meals around what you have. – partly done – big freezer outside done, just larders, cupboards and utility room freezer to do. Menu plan done for this week mainly with food from big freezer.
    BUDGETS should be set before the start of the month - budgets all up to date

EXERCISE 4 times a week, 20 minutes a day. have reached my 60 active minutes each day

RULES The more rules you can follow, the more you will save/ have for debt reduction. – fingers crossed

IN case of emergency Add any items you might need (torch, shovel for snow, old carpet for traction, extra coat or blanket) to your car boot. hubby is getting all the stuff ready for the new car
    Stock up with generic painkillers, cold and flu meds - to do
    NOW is always the right time to start. had wine on Friday night but back to no drinking last night

NO takeaways, coffee shops, vending machines, canteens unless for a special event. none
    EVERYONE should know their debt free date. savings date 2021/2.
    WINTER proof your home, if you haven't already done so. sorted all the hats, scarves and gloves so I know what we all have. Washed and dried all the ones we are donating to nursery as kids have outgrown them

YOU should cook from scratch when you can. all meals home cooked today
    OUTSIDE It may be cold but wrap up warm and make the most of the available light. no exercise outside today as doing all the ironing and housework
    REPORT regularly (daily is best) here
    KINDNESS costs nothing –bought selection boxes for the gift bags for the provost collection. Thats them all finished so will take them into school tomorrow

[FONT=&quot]Frogs[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1. Clean out food cupboards and freezers for Christmas and do an inventory[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2. Finish decorating the bathroom[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3. Gut DS1 bedroom and try and find passport which has gone missing since he last used it[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NSD achieved today - 11/20.
    Walked my usual lap around the park this morning.
    Mostly done everything on my to do list.
    Said hello to some people whilst in the park.
    Self care and no computer games.
    Sorted out a few things in the flat.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • the_cross_rabbit
    the_cross_rabbit Posts: 901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 November 2018 at 8:35PM
    Options
    Still plowing through the paperwork:eek: shaped elephant.
    NST will aim for 15. 9/15 another one today but not yesterday

ORGANISE your time. Will try and find a balance between studying,household chores, family time and me time.Spent time at the in laws this morning, had a really nice cooked breakfast. Mr senior cross rabbit does fantastic mushrooms and fried pots, but his eggs are a little to runny, but beggars can;t be choosers as they say. Lovely to see them and had chance to catch up on family news. Studying going well, learnt how to do spreed sheets today. Housework -:rotfl: me time also not happening today

VALUES. Ultimate goal is to continue to OP the mortgage but to keep in mind ethical, environmental and family values.DH on board with OP well and truly given me some money his mum had given him to cover lunch yesterday and told me to put it towards OP:T,. However will just but into our account as he did pay for lunch originally, but its the thought behind his offer that counts

ENJOY yourself. Try and do something everyday that I enjoy. Enjoying strictly results show even though I know who is leaving.

MAKE an inventory of the food in your cupboards, fridge and freezer at the start of the month. Meal plan and shop from the cupboards, freezers and allotments first before visiting supermarkets. Meal plan done and shopping done yesterday, shopping is taking slightly longer than normal as having to check ingredients for palm oil:mad:

BUDGETS should be set before the start of the month. Already done will log spends on here and look at, at the end of the month.Will aim to buy something for the food bank every week.

EXERCISE will aim to walk for an hour everyday with the dog.Dog walked but didn't litter pick as went out early as couldn't sleep and didn't want to be banging around looking for my glasses (couldn't remember where I'd left them:rotfl:). So couldn't see to pick anything up at least I didn't fall over or bump into anything.

IN case of emergency Add any items you might need (torch, shovel for snow, old carpet for traction, extra coat or blanket) to your car boot. If you don't belong to a breakdown organisation, make sure you have phone numbers for friends or relatives who might come and help you. Make sure you and your children can be seen if walking or cycling. still need to sort the cars. think snow will have to fall before this gets done, have put old carpet into the car so getting there

NOW is always the right time to start.will aim to have more faith in myself.:j'I can do maths' needs to become my mantra this week:j

NO takeaways, coffee shops, vending machines, canteens unless for a special event. Take your own food and drinks to work, hospital appointments and days out where possible. None bought today

EVERYONE should know their debt free date continuing to pay bank of mum (Nov 2019) and OP the mortgage (another 17 and half years). TT done but can't remember how much, alot has happened since this morning. Filled in a form on line for a independent mortgage adviser via the coop website, they are going to be in touch tomorrow. Fingers crossed

WINTER proof your home, if you haven't already done so. Need to hang new thicker curtains in dining room- still on the list. First priority on the list for when OU goes in on Thursday

YOU should cook from scratch when you can (unless time is short or it costs more to make) and batch cook.Will aim to do this at least 5 days out of 7.1/7 leftover wine and soup
    OUTSIDE It may be cold but wrap up warm and make the most of the available light - it will help your immune system and your mental health see exercise

REPORT i'm here

KINDNESS costs nothing. Everyone you meet is carrying some sort of burden, so try to be kind, especially to yourself.
    CRx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport