PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• so I finally have an email from my solicitor
    "I have been chasing the seller’s solicitor for an update re their client’s related property. I am chasing them on a daily basis and will be in touch as soon as there is any update."

Daily basis what. Don't know how if hes been off for two weeks. At this rate I don't see us being in by Christmas
  • Magnus91 wrote: »
    It's finally over!! :D:D

Here is my full, over 5 month ordeal for anyone that is interested!

8/05/18 - Flat viewed.
    9/05/18 - Offer made and accepted.
    9/05/18 - Solicitors instructed.
    10/5/18 - Welcome pack received from solicitor.
    11/05/18 - Signed welcome pack/ID sent to solicitor and searches ordered.
    14/05/18 - Mortgage application made.
    22/05/18 - Mortgage valuation.
    23/05/18 - Mortgage offer received.
    25/05/18 - Second short viewing of flat.

Apparent problem with the land registry that needs to be sorted before draft contracts can be issued.

28/06/18 - Received draft contracts.
    28/06/18 - Enquires raised.
    04/07/18 - Leasehold information pack received.
    04/07/18 - Searches ordered.

Radio silence from solicitor

16/07/18 - Third, longer, viewing of flat.
    18/07/18 - Informed that solicitor is leaving the firm, new one will be allocated.
    20/07/18 - Additional enquires raised.
    20/07/18 - Searches received.
    21/07/18 - Contract received.
    23/07/18 - Contract signed and returned.

29/08/18 - Got the seller's contacts details and spoke to him directly, this will make things so much easier.

05/09/18 - Got the buyer's pack from the management company.
    06/09/18 - All responses to enquires received.
    11/09/18 - Info needed from local court to fix land registry issue.

11/10/18 - Flat reappeared on rightmove :eek: Gave me a heart attack but was still listed as sold and was apparently a mistake, removed again a couple of days after.

19/10/18 - Still waiting for court, quoted as another 10 working days :eek: After lots of ranting, the file magically appears and the seller's solicitor now has it in hand.

25/10/18 - Land registry issue finally resolved! :T
    26/10/18 - Completion date of 5th November proposed and accepted by both sides, planning to exchange on 30th/31st.
    26/10/18 - Help to buy ISA closed, just waiting on apportionments figure.

02/10/18 - Apportionments received!
    Transferred money to solicitor via faster payments as I was told this would actually be quicker than CHAPS!
    Planning to exchange and complete on the same day on Monday :eek:

05/11/18 - Very stressful day! Was on the phone going back and forth between the seller and my solicitor to get everything sorted.

4:30pm - EXCHANGED AND COMPLETED!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
    Gave in notice on my current rented flat as it was the last day I could this month!

5pm - Met seller, picked up keys, did meter readings etc etc.

PHEW! It's been a very long 5 months, but I'm so glad it's over, just need to do a bit of decorating and furniture ordering, planning to move in properly at the start of December!

Good luck to everyone still going through it! You'll get there in the end! :)

Congratulations! It's been a long haul! I'm still waiting for everything to be sorted my end but hopefully I'll get there soon!
  • ancilla100 wrote: »
    Update from me. Some of the issue and delay seems to be due to the fact that the management company are refusing point blank to fill out the LPE1 form because it's a small block of only 4 flats and so the seller's solicitor is hitting a brick wall in trying to get that information. *facepalm*

So I've managed to get a list of those individual bits of outstanding information to pass to the EA to pass to the seller's solicitor (who's already had them and should know what they are considering they're things that are key pieces of info for mortgage lenders) so everyone can further chase the management company.

More of an update from me.

We've now received replies to the majority of the queries. The final 2 queries were apparently sent over last week but my solicitor says she's has not yet received them.

One of the earlier queries that was answered was on upcoming major works for the property. That was answered at the start of November and we're waiting to find out if any of the things in the major works changes the mortgage valuation. I saw the dreaded words "Japanese Knotweed" in there so am scare s**tless that it'll all fall through but am trying to comfort myself that I didn't see any on the property and neither did my surveyor in the height of summer when it would be been obvious.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    JadeLouise wrote: »
    "I have been chasing the seller’s solicitor for an update re their client’s related property. I am chasing them on a daily basis and will be in touch as soon as there is any update."

Daily basis what. Don't know how if hes been off for two weeks. At this rate I don't see us being in by Christmas

No admin support?
  • Email received from solicitor to say the sellers purchase is now in delay another 4 weeks due to the work being done on it having not being signed off. They are proposing a new completion date of 14th December. Our mortgage offer expires 18th December. I'm devastated and scared that well be delayed again. I know there's not much I can do but sulk. Christmas will be an absolute horror and it's usually my favourite time. I suppose there's always next year.

Don't know how much more I can take.
  • jp066
    jp066 Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 17 November 2018 at 6:42PM
    We are currently waiting to exchange and our solicitor is asking for a bank statement to show we can pay them their legal fees :think: Is this a normal request? They have already received our deposit etc from us.

Edit - actually I realise this is because they want to know that the monies are coming from our own account and not anyone that isn't related to the sale.
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Quick update - though not sure if anyone is left from when we exchanged - we completed mid Sept and the vendors left behind masses of rubbish that we had specifically asked to be creed away. We have been back and forth without solicitors and so far have got nowhere as the vendors are no replying to anything. It's slow but we will eventually win we hope. Asking for the cost of a couple of skips.
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    happytails wrote: »
    Timeline - updates in bold.

27/09 - Offer accepted on ours and our offer accepted on new house
    28/09 - Solicitors appointed
    02/10 - Mortgage advisor starts application to port existing mortgage & borrow additional funds.
    03/10 - Pack arrives from Solicitors to fill in. Memoradum of sale arrives for the property we wish to purchase. Also contacted a surveyor for a home buyers report to be carried out in due course.
    04/10 - MA emails to ask for Valuation fee. - Holding off for now until those below us in the chain are at that point. The Mortgage company are sending documents via post to read/sign.
    05/10 - We get a call to say our buyers want to pull out. They didnt realise is was leasehold, even though it said so on the listing:mad:. Panic trying to explain to the EA that its capped at £5 for the next 920 years and it isnt an issue or the freehold can be bought for £1500. She relays it and they said they'd think about it.
    06/10 - EA calls back and says they're going to go ahead with it and purchase the freehold at the same time as purchasing the house. I feel like im going to be walking on eggshells the entire moving process

Finally some update!
    05/11 - We get a call to arrange a valuation survey of our house.
    09/11 - valuation carried out
    15/11 - they buyers got their mortgage offer :T
    16/11 - submit everything to solicitor and pay the fee (we had held off on purpose) - received the fixtures and fittings list for the purchase. Also give a date we would like to move by. (4 weeks time). We also get told all draft contracts have been drawn up an searches are being done.

Our valuation survey on our purchase should be next week.
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Hi
    Third time around for us but over 20 years ago!
    Our house offer accepted
    found house offer accepted
    Solicitor instructed
    Forms signed & returned Friday
    Survey on our house done Friday
    Waiting mortgage approval
    Need to arranged for our purchase survey

Let the games begin ��
  • Update:
    Sunday 04/11 We had our offer accepted
    Monday 05/11 Spoke to broker
    Tuesday 06/11 Mortgage application with HSBC. Proof of income and proof of deposit provided
    Thursday 08/11 Mortgage valuation
    Tuesday 13/11 Mortgage offer! Booked HomeBuyers Report survey
    Wednesday 14/11 Survey carried out
    Thursday 15/11 Documents received from solicitor
    Friday 16/11 Survey report received

Planned:
    Wednesday 21/11 Solicitor documents and ID checks

Annoyingly, the broker messed up with our conveyancer/solicitor on the mortgage application (they instructed their own conveyancer without our consent after being told we had one arranged already), and now they have to file an amendment/check ours is on HSBC panel/issue new mortgage offer. Hopefully it should be fine, but I'm !!!!ed off with the broker now.

Our vendors have asked for target completion in mid-December! Given that the local council has a reputation for being very very quick with searches etc., it is possible, but it seems so quick. The estate agent is doubtful. Better delay putting up the Christmas decorations...
    Wedding savings Jan 19: £1.4k. Sept 19: £7.5k. Mar 20: £12.6k
    Goal: Pay for wedding by August 2020 <3
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport