Waiting for Black Friday?

Hi all,

I plan to treat myself and get a 4k TV and PS4 Pro, however I was wondering whether or not it was worth waiting for Black Friday to buy? Did anyone get any good bargains last year?

I see AO have started theirs early and have some TV's on there. Anyone know what a good price is for a decent 4k TV (around 40") and PS4 Pro?

Thanks.

Comments

• I remember the xbox one S having some great bundle prices last year but not much else.

If you don't mind waiting a few weeks then just see I suppose.

If it helps I got my 4k TV from Johnlewis because they do a 5 year guarantee. Purely down to that guarantee I couldn't see why it would be worth buying a TV from any other seller unless the price was incredible.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If you're not in a big rush, probably worth waiting now.

Also worth keeping an eye on https://www.hotukdeals.com and doing the relevant keyword searches.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The TVs AO are selling are fairly old models. Doesn't mean they're necessarily bad but you may find a newer model for similar money. Look at Richer Sounds who do a 6 year guarantee and are guaranteeing that if they sell their TVs cheaper on Black Friday they'll refund the money. Currys are doing the same for everything they sell so there's no risk of getting a PS4 Pro from them now to find it has dropped in price. Be aware though that unless things have changed the PS4 Pro has been in short supply.
  • I always tend to find that the stuff that is heavily reduced can often be cheaper / rubbish models they want to sell off. Additionally there is often a trend that the Black Friday Price can be found earlier in the year, but the price rises gradually leading up to Black Friday just in advance of a price "crash".

However, given how close you are now to Black Friday it's still worth waiting for the generic "10% off electronic" type deals, so you can still get a good 4K TV for less than you'd pay today.
  • cjv
    cjv Posts: 513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    I grabbed a Samsung 4k TV 50 inch, early black friday offer from many retailers at £399.

I also had a 10% discount code which worked on the sale price! so I got one for £360
  • Thanks for the tips guys. There seems to be loads of offers on TVs, I'm gonna wait until Friday to see if there's anything better.

Bit disappointed on the PS4 Pro front. There doesn't seem to be anything at the moment. Maybe I'll have to wait til Cyber Monday!
  • Yes its worth waiting for Black Friday as there will be huge sale this year on every appliance. :beer:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    ADChick wrote: »
    Bit disappointed on the PS4 Pro front. There doesn't seem to be anything at the moment. Maybe I'll have to wait til Cyber Monday!

Demand is massively outstripping supply so it isn't likely there'll be much on offer.
  • Congratulation :)
  • I am also waiting for the black friday sales and discount to buy things like shopping new phone and other stuff
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback