We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Log Cabin / Summerhouse

First post and a new thread, hope you all don't mind.

Looking to buy a log cabin, 3m x 2.5m, want it to be decent construction, daughter wants to put a Jacuzzi thing in it, doing the paved base myself. Looked online and there seems to be a lot of untrustworthy suppliers / installers, budget around 2k - 3k for cabin with installation on top, don't want to get stung, just asking any recommendations really as haven't a clue.

Comments

• BillTrac
    BillTrac Posts: 1,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    HI op,

I'm doing the same thing at the moment. I am looking at a 4mx3m log cabin. Skinners seem to have a good range and also do 'made-to-measure.They have log cabins, she, workshops and summerhouses

They seem to display at larger garden centres and I've heard they are quite good.

They can price for set up and I'm looking at having a rubber covering on the roof so get a 20 year guarantee.

Thye have quite a good website
  • If this reply isn't too late have a look at the Forest Auvergne at buyshedsdirect. Your biggest problem is the movement in the logs the steam will cause. I would highly recommend using Timmersol Exterior Timber Stabiliser to help alleviate some of this movement. It's a very high quality waterproofing finish designed specifically for log cabins. I used it on mine and have had no problems with movement whatsoever.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 April 2019 at 9:23AM
    gmacdonald wrote: »
    [STRIKE]First post and a new thread, hope you all don't mind.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]
    Not at all, but this is nothing to do with gardening. :)

The 'In my Home' board is the best place for queries about the built aspects of the home.[/STRIKE]

Dead thread resurrected. Hallelujah!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport