Fantastic tradition for little ones

Comments

• lexuslass
    lexuslass Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    ragz wrote: »
    I'm beginng to think a whole month nearly of Elf antics may be too much. When do everyone else's Elves arrive? I'd planned on the 1st but that means more than 3 weeks of activities, plus it's a preschool day AND my Mum's birthday...

Wow, I am loving this thread! I stumbled across it last year but it was about a week before christmas so too late to do anything really, and also, my two children were too young last year to get this.. so am glad I've come across this thread again in time to organise it all!! I have my 10 year old eldest DD that will be helping me cause all the havoc! :D

I have just read through the whole thread and have got some fantastic ideas from you all... thanks! :T

Our elf is arriving 1st December with the advent calenders. I love the idea of him arriving in a sledge or cardboard aeroplane - but where do you get them from? (I'm not very arty so have no ideas here on making one so any help would be appreciated!!)

I had thought of hiding him in the Christmas tree netting - but we are putting our tree up this weekend (!!) so it's too early for him to appear!

I've looked at a few other sites - one of them I looked had had a list of posts that people had done with their elves (I am trying to find the link to the pages... will keep looking and will post it on here) - one family piled cushions on the drivers seat of their car and stuck the elf on top on the steering wheel... and they left loads of food wrappers (macdonalds) in the dashboard for the children to find on their way to school the next morning! my two would still be too young for this one, but if anyone has older children then this might be good!
  • Can't find an elf I like, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think this is a great idea, just not sure how I will find the time to do all the activities, will print of the passport and ideas so I am ready, once I have found my elf!!
  • Just stumbled across this thread, what a great idea!
    For people struggling to find an elf try googling Lephrechaun.
    HTH FiFi :)
    If you find any post helpful, please click the thanks button! :T
    I survived the M8 snowjam 6/12/10 - 17 hrs to get home :snow_grin

Brought: To Bring! Bought: To Buy! ;)
  • DaisyMoo
    DaisyMoo Posts: 290 Forumite
    I cant believe the effort everyone has gone too for this. It is such a wonderful idea and really keeps the magic of christmas alive. Although I have not been blessed with little terrors just yet, I think I'm going to adopt an elf and introduce him to my OH this year (He is such a big Kid!!) and get my nices and nephews involved - who knows, they may even have an elf of their own! I hope this will become a tradition for many many years in my house - Is it wrong that im getting excited about this?!!
  • lexuslass
    Can't find an elf I like, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think this is a great idea, just not sure how I will find the time to do all the activities, will print of the passport and ideas so I am ready, once I have found my elf!!

Hi trytospendless

I had a watch on these yesterday on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180436511649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180419685808&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I was undecided which one to go for and after mentioning it to OH, he popped into Clinton Cards and bought the Me to You Bear dressed as an elf so we are sticking with that one!

HTH

I just need a name now!! Tried those name generators but need one that's easy for my 3 year old to say!!
  • jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    edited 25 November 2009 at 10:24AM
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • Can't get onto Ebay while I am at work!! Had a look at clintons cards website, the me to you bear is £13.50 plus £2.99 for postage, can't decide whether to order and hope it is here by Tuesday, or try in store?

Really would like the elf that is on Amazon.com, but they would not ship the small one, and the large one was coming in at £64 with delivery!! and no guarantee to arrive before christmas, wish I had seen this thread earlier!!
  • lexuslass
    The Me to You one we've got is not the one dressed in a velvet suit.... he has green dungarees on and a red and white stripey elf hat and shoes... he is very sweet and was £9.99.... I cannot find him on the website to post a piccie for you but you'll probably find him instore - he is called "Santas Helper"

:D
  • lexuslass wrote: »
    The Me to You one we've got is not the one dressed in a velvet suit.... he has green dungarees on and a red and white stripey elf hat and shoes... he is very sweet and was £9.99.... I cannot find him on the website to post a piccie for you but you'll probably find him instore - he is called "Santas Helper"

I have rung clintons near me, and yes this is the one they have, not sure how it is different to the one on the website other than the box he comes in.
    Thanks for your help, nipping in at lunch time to pick one up!!
  • lexuslass
    edited 25 November 2009 at 12:12PM
    Hi everyone.. I've been struggling to find my elf (well actually, elves.. as it turns out we are having two now!!) a name...

I had tried the elf name generators that have been posted previously and got some lovely ones (I especially liked Giggles McMini and Freckles Fluffernutter :rotfl:), but they would not have been very easy for my 3 and 1.5 year old to say.

My friend has forwarded me this site:

http://www.!!!!!!!!!.com/ks2/DreamHolt/names.html

Has lots of one word elf names in alphabetical order - I have chosen my childrens initials and think I am going to go with Kimo and Yarrow for my elves!

Hope this helps if any of you had the same problem!!

EDIT: sorry... looks like this is a banned site on MSE!? Can't think why?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure