Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    My job now is to do a reverse timeline, so I know when I will need to start Changing things and having the funds sorted out intime for a smooth transition.
    My first decision is to sell off my stock and only replace the things on my hemline that are constantly sold.
    No more new fabric after the stuff that I ordered at the show is delivered.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Another vote for a phone call to the council.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,840 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mooloo wrote: »
    My job now is to do a reverse timeline, so I know when I will need to start Changing things and having the funds sorted out intime for a smooth transition.
    My first decision is to sell off my stock and only replace the things on my hemline that are constantly sold.
    No more new fabric after the stuff that I ordered at the show is delivered.

Well done Mooloo on thinking things through and creating a different plan that will work for you.

Well done to Biggest for supporting you and understanding.

The next 18 months is your time to establish yourself as an independent trader working from home. Get your online self visible, make sure your customers know you will be trading from your home. Continue to review your price structure, don’t get into the mindset that because you are reducing overheads prices can be reduced or not increased.

Create an ETsy page for ‘makes’. The bunting you made for me is fantastic I am sure weddings and parties would buy things like that.

Working from your garden studio will enable you to work around DGD as she gets older, it is so much harder to get wrap round care as children get older and stroppier about where they will and won’t go.

Most importantly enjoy this journey.
  • Savvy_sewing
    ognum wrote: »
    Well done Mooloo on thinking things through and creating a different plan that will work for you.

Well done to Biggest for supporting you and understanding.

The next 18 months is your time to establish yourself as an independent trader working from home. Get your online self visible, make sure your customers know you will be trading from your home. Continue to review your price structure, don’t get into the mindset that because you are reducing overheads prices can be reduced or not increased.

Create an ETsy page for ‘makes’. The bunting you made for me is fantastic I am sure weddings and parties would buy things like that.

Working from your garden studio will enable you to work around DGD as she gets older, it is so much harder to get wrap round care as children get older and stroppier about where they will and won’t go.

Most importantly enjoy this journey.

Thankyou
    I was just chatting to the Shop keeper next door and she is not going to renew her lease this May when it comes up. Like me she has had enough of lining landlords pockets and scrapping around to pay rent every month.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I would check with your housing association to see if you are allowed to build a unit to work in before making too many plans.
    I worked for one and they definitely would not allow it.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Savvy_sewing
    beanielou wrote: »
    Another vote for a phone call to the council.

I have just telephoned the housing and she has agreed that I am already paying off more than the agreed £10 a month so they will amend it back down to my agreed £470 a month. What a relief.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I have just telephoned the housing and she has agreed that I am already paying off more than the agreed £10 a month so they will amend it back down to my agreed £470 a month. What a relief.

Excellent.
    £470 is high I think for social housing:eek::eek:
    WEll done :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    I would check with your housing association to see if you are allowed to build a unit to work in before making too many plans.
    I worked for one and they definitely would not allow it.

The Neighbour has built a conservatory, a triple garage, a hard standing and 3 out houses and they are the same housing. So they will struggle to deny me an area to sew in.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Meanwhile all this is going on DS is burying his head in the sand, his echo is try to manipulate and control him and is now telling me that her health visitor wants to deny him access to the children.
    Looks like I need a loan for a family lawyer. But DS is not getting back to me so I cannot help him even if I want to.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    No, Mooloo - you do NOT need a family lawyer - DS does - if he can be a**ed to do so. I know that you do not want to lose touch with these grandchildren and, as hard as it might be to swallow, you might have to suck up to their mother, and keep the relationship that way.

Sometimes you just cannot make things better the way you want to make them. :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure