Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 1 December 2017 at 10:33AM
    Options
    Good morning all....

I've been hoping all is well with the elite over the past few days,but just not had the ability to join in.....I am just totally drained so I apologise if so much of everyones news has just floated past me......
    I know there have been some significant days and decisions made and I hope that everyone is content x

I have a bit of a present dilemma in as much as I could get a family present of the green and blacks mini's for a few families...or I could get gift sets for the guys/girls individually....to me price wise it makes little difference but I dont want it to appear to them that in buying the gift sets I have gone too extravagant....
    I need to go to both A and T today so I guess it depends if all the gift sets are in stock....there seems a distinct lack of the well priced ones in my A.

.....and then there is W and the chocolates....is the green and blacks there the same size as the T £5.50 one or is it smaller???
    I suspect they are the smaller ones and the larger ones in W that are on offer is the largest box whereas I really want the mid sized one.....

I seem to be building a collection of APG'S mainly from wombles ....but did find the yog's in my store yesterday....and dare I say pallets of them all on the end of the puddings aisle .

curl girl....insurance...we have DS with admiral on a black box that is unrestricted...with us as named extras....his car was new when first insured and I know premiums vary but his first year was £700 ish....and we are what would be termed quite a high risk area for insurance premiums...the 2nd year has gone down to around £550....although I know young drivers and insurance is a mine field...what car are you getting quotes on?
    We did a policy for 10 months that if you remain claim free gives a years no claims at the end of it...so its renewed every 10 months rather than 12.

I dont know if it makes any difference but we found cashback sites and comparison sites far more expensive than than going to the companies individually.

I've updated my toiletries and as always when things don't go well I go back to old habits so there have been far more in than out this week.....

no snow or bad weather here yet but it is very cold so stay safe and warm all...
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    Me!

I did also remind last week so people could start thinking, but nothing like last minute to focus the mind.

I used my vouchers to book a hotel night through hotels.com. We have a wedding in central London coming up, so it will be great to be able to stay over rather than worry about getting home late.

Thank you. :A must have missed it last week , saw it just before going to bed and just had enough for a hoody and know there are better value uses but at least I got something back. Xxx
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    250 Happy Virgin Trains Birthday! To celebrate a year since your first Nectar booking with us, here's 250 points.

:)
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    edited 1 December 2017 at 10:14AM
    Options
    Good morning.

I totally agree about the Bailey's I love it but a bottle doesn't last very long so definitely not having any this year imagine the syns:eek:

MrsMac how does it feel now the decision is made, when will you retire do you have to work much notice?

Hornet girl I hope everything went smoothly yesterday and I hope mil is making a good recovery your dh must be beside himself.

Back to work today :eek:

Hi

I have no intention of working my notice but am spending these three weeks writing notes on HOW TO .......

I was given wrong figures which I input into wages but as I am responsible for payroll it still my problem/fault That boss said there were other errors but he would not tell me what they were He is wrong. I got serious verbal abuse etc which made me angry and reduced me to tears later so I vowed to myself to go That boss has basically questioned by honesty by his planned progress requirements and that is the biggest issue of all but ......

If I had just walked then the xmas pay would be a shamble I am the only person here that knows the system and I would not do that to my staff They are mostly on NMW but with overtime that they need
    He will have forgotten by now how he spoke not only to be me but to 2 others and will be all pally again

I will be citing workplace stress and arthritic pain when I have finished the xmas pay run and my notice period will be covered by a fit note Sorted
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    (((x))) Di

Huge thanks for all your good wishes. Yesterday wasn’t the easiest of days but we got through it. MIL is now out of ICU and making steady progress. One of DH’s cousins filmed people at the reception for her to see and we also took home the flowers so we can remake some into a little arrangement for her (flowers are permitted on the ward she is in). The hospital also allowed her sister to stay with her for the entire day, right from 9am.
    The service itself, RC mass in church followed by short committal service at crematorium, went very well and I think FIL would have approved of it. At the end of the crem service we played Fiddlers Green by the Dubliners and much to our amazement everyone joined in and sang. Fabulous!
  • Picasso7
    Options
    Hello,

We’re aware that there has been a delay in sending out your AA Roadmap from MyMail, please accept our apologies for this – it will be with you in the next two weeks. There’s no need to contact our customer services, we will be despatching them as soon as they arrive with us.
  • Picasso7
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    (((x))) Di

Huge thanks for all your good wishes. Yesterday wasn’t the easiest of days but we got through it. MIL is now out of ICU and making steady progress. One of DH’s cousins filmed people at the reception for her to see and we also took home the flowers so we can remake some into a little arrangement for her (flowers are permitted on the ward she is in). The hospital also allowed her sister to stay with her for the entire day, right from 9am.
    The service itself, RC mass in church followed by short committal service at crematorium, went very well and I think FIL would have approved of it. At the end of the crem service we played Fiddlers Green by the Dubliners and much to our amazement everyone joined in and sang. Fabulous!

Very pleased to hear that.
  • elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all, happy Friday.
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    I should be working :)

Dh has been tasked with get two more shops with the gift sets He did not even complain when I told him the prices Thanks 3 dogs

Going back to work- politics were in play yesterday as I was invited to an impromptu xmas lunch an hour before they were going Apparently they could not find me the previous day when it was being arranged They seemed surprised when I declined

I am walking away with my head held high, to do list etc will be left and my staff paid correctly That boss told me that any HR role is really a waste of money Only sales people really matter

Yes its time to go :)

Really helps to see it in black and white Thanks
  • chandlerscroft
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Young drivers insurance still causing me probs. Quotes between 1450 - 6k.....
    So many variables. :eek:

Hi I used Autosaint for my DS1, if that helps and on a corsa was under £1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure