Just started temp job, now offered interview for permanent job elsewhere

Hi all

So I have just started a temp role (Full time hrs) through an agency which is expected to be 3 month role.
However, I am 5 days in to this new job and have now been offered an interview for a permanent job elsewhere next week, which I applied for a few weeks ago.

What do you think is th best way of going about, trying to attend the interview (i.e. do a sicky or just be honest with current employer) and also, do I have to give any notice to the employer/agency? This is the first time I have ever temp'd with an agency.

Thanks

Comments

• Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Simply be honest with both employer and agency - you don't need to lie, so don't!

Read the terms of your engagement - or ask the agency. Given the length of time recruitment processes can take, you may well have plenty of time to work the rest of the 3 months before your new employer needs your services.

Best of luck!
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'd probably see if you can take the time as leave, apologise that you've just started etc but its unavoidable.

Re notice check your contract.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure