Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    teapot2 wrote: »
    LOL :rotfl: that makes complete sense and eeew to rat urine on food. I always wipe over the lids of tins before I open them. I did have visions of you sticking all the shopping in the dishwasher though :D

Hope you enjoyed the walk and reconnected with folk there :cool:
    Noella wrote: »
    I hope you enjoyed the walk. I wish our local council did them.

I was curious about your cleaning the shopping but didn't like to ask:o. Now all has been revealed and it's perfectly logical:T

:eek::eek::eek:to the rat urine on goods in shops but I don't think anyone can catch Weil's Disease unless the urine is still wet and enters the body via a cut or something. I know someone who had it and he was literally at death's door for a while. He's now fully recovered but can bore for Britain about it:rotfl:. Maybe there are other nasties one can catch even if the urine is dry though:think:.
    :kisses3::kisses3: to you both, thank you for that! I guarantee I'll never put shopping in the dishwasher :rotfl: but I will carry on giving it a quick wash :)

Going on the walk was lovely - it's so long since I've been, early summer has exploded all over the place, it was amazing to see. Need a cuppa tea now, and I've not yet had a coffee today !!! so that comes first.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Eww to rat wee.

I don't think you are mad. I think we all have a few odd habits that make sense to us!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Karmacat
    earthgirl wrote: »
    I don't think you are mad. I think we all have a few odd habits that make sense to us!
    You're saying I'm odd, though, aren't you :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I'm definitely an outlier on the Bell curve in this respect, thats for sure :D That means I'm odd, btw, but I'm going to carry on :D
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,140 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    That's why I avoid supermarkets :D And although I don't clean my shopping, I do wipe down tins before I use them. And rinse the milk bottles between the doorstep and the fridge.
  • Karmacat wrote: »
    you :rotfl:.... I'm definitely an outlier on the Bell curve in this respect, thats for sure :D That means I'm odd, btw, but I'm going to carry on :D

You and me both, KC:rotfl:. Not with washing shopping in my case but in several other areas of my life:o.
  • Karmacat
    I love you people :j:j:j
  • Karmacat
    Right! A little bit of a ta-da list:
    - used a £5 Nectar voucher to buy stuff

- phoned my cc provider: error messages over the weekend were because the chip on my card is faulty. It can only be used contactless now, so they're sending me a new card.

- meter man turned up this morning, so I remembered my resolution to take weekly gas and elec meter readings, and did it before the walk, hurray.

- I'm carrying on feeding the washing machine :) bedlinen, holiday wear, navvying wear. Plus clearing away plaster dust from the kitchen, so I can stock the shelves.

- also carrying on using the dishwasher daily, lots of kitchenware was exposed to dust and being carted about heaven knows where by heaven knows who during the work.

- paid the builder the last of the money, less tiling - the tiler's on holiday this week, so that will only happen next week now.

- drafted a letter to B&Q, telling them I'm not going to merrily jog along and pay them what I tried to pay them in the first place for my sink, because they credited me for the lightshade they don't have ... I suggest they write it off, because of the two days and more of inconvenience to me. Can't send it yet, because I only have the admin letter from them, I can't find the idiot management letter :o looked for it all over.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    And I'd just assumed that there was a missing comma!

Just remember that you have superpowers, firefox-crasher-woman...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Karmacat
    And I'd just assumed that there was a missing comma!
    :D See what you started :p
    Just remember that you have superpowers, firefox-crasher-woman...
    Ooh, I like that :cool:

Not doing much with the superpowers this evening, just cleaning and stocking another cupboard, which empties out my bedroom a little more, hurray.

Night night all xxx
  • I love this diary, always thought-provoking, good-natured and often downright funny:beer:

I envy you the 'fun' bit of restocking your cupboards and at the same time emptying the temporary storage spaces such as your bedroom:T. I had a big reorganization of my larder cupboard at the weekend but the shelf with most of the masses of canned goods on (I'm not stocking up for a no-deal Brexit, honest:eek:) collapsed just when I thought everything was stashed away in a more organized manner:mad:. It had taken so long to pull everything out, check use-by dates , list what I had as I'm a bit of an accidental overstocker:o, and put things back that I was too tired and fed up to take everything out again and fix the shelf. DH is away for a few days but I've fixed shelves before as waiting for him to get round to things even when he is here isn't worth the hassle:(. It's still at a precarious slope and all the cans have dropped onto the shelf below, making a mess of what organisation was there, in a pile or, heaven forbid, fallen down the space between the flimsy, useless cupboard back and the wall.

I should tackle it today but the sun's shining and I'd love nothing better than go out for a walk or sit in the garden and read:o. The joys of being retired:j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback