Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    • 8,673Posts
    • 28,901Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 6:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 545
    • Kronkie
    • By Kronkie 16th Jun 19, 5:42 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kronkie
    If you put someone on ignore, does that mean you can't see any of the threads they start?
    Says she hopefully.
    Originally posted by elsien
    Who are you talking about?
    • Kronkie
    • By Kronkie 16th Jun 19, 5:43 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kronkie
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Go away
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    I am sick of the rain too.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 16th Jun 19, 6:27 PM
    • 28,837 Posts
    • 16,021 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    TV channels that keep changing.
    That's the second retune in a couple of weeks.
    Have to use manual with the PVR as well because auto picks up lower power transmission from somewhere, that confuses the box!
    Why change them!
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    Freeview is so unreliable that we dont use it. It only takes the wind to be blowing in the wrong direction to lose a load of channels.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 16th Jun 19, 7:00 PM
    • 6,452 Posts
    • 20,795 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Freeview is so unreliable that we dont use it. It only takes the wind to be blowing in the wrong direction to lose a load of channels.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    I've heard that before somewhere. Here we have line of sight to the mast except for some tall trees here. Generally a good signal.
    I'm on about them keep changing which channel stuff is on. DMax has just gone from 42 to 37 (IIRC)
    Why?
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 16th Jun 19, 10:54 PM
    • 28,837 Posts
    • 16,021 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I've heard that before somewhere. Here we have line of sight to the mast except for some tall trees here. Generally a good signal.
    I'm on about them keep changing which channel stuff is on. DMax has just gone from 42 to 37 (IIRC)
    Why?
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    When channels go due to weather and they are back the next day we get told the guide has changed and we have to rescan. As if it isnt bad enough regularly having channels drop out.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 17th Jun 19, 7:25 AM
    • 15,967 Posts
    • 22,342 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    We are struggling with Freeview at the moment. The HD channels have become very hit and miss. We are a long way from the transmitter and I think some trees that have put on leaf are blocking the signal.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 17th Jun 19, 4:40 PM
    • 2,817 Posts
    • 14,076 Thanks
    NBLondon
    If you put someone on ignore, does that mean you can't see any of the threads they start?
    Says she hopefully.
    Originally posted by elsien
    I've tested this and it appears not
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 17th Jun 19, 5:03 PM
    • 6,452 Posts
    • 20,795 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    We are struggling with Freeview at the moment. The HD channels have become very hit and miss. We are a long way from the transmitter and I think some trees that have put on leaf are blocking the signal.
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    I was getting a bad signal here at one stage, particular problems with the HD channels, which TBH ,I don't use much anyway. Anyway our aerial is only on a fascia mount, and as I said, it really is line of sight except for the trees which are close, but which you can see the lights on the mast through at night.
    So I tried a new aerial, which helped a bit, but not much. The answer was a new run of high quality co-ax cable from the aerial to the wall socket.
    It really has made a difference. The good cable's not that much more expensive than the rubbish stuff either. There's plenty about it online.
    Have you tried a manual tune?
    Again a search online will give you the right channels to tune to for your nearest transmitter.
    Don't confuse the transmission channel numbers with the TV channel numbers!
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 17th Jun 19, 5:35 PM
    • 13,554 Posts
    • 18,830 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    The newbie with multiple AEs who posts like they're a reincarnation of an old poster...
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 18th Jun 19, 5:13 AM
    • 447 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Dad came home grumpy as hell yesterday, 4 times he has been to court as a witness for the same case and each time has been sent home again because someone else did not show up
    • colinw
    • By colinw 18th Jun 19, 5:26 PM
    • 55,477 Posts
    • 152,882 Thanks
    colinw
    Ants crawling up my arm.....
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 18th Jun 19, 5:41 PM
    • 17,629 Posts
    • 37,655 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Ants crawling up my arm.....
    Originally posted by colinw
    Better up your arm than in your .... .....
    Weekly Distance Walked 26 km / Total For Year 782 km
    • colinw
    • By colinw 18th Jun 19, 6:43 PM
    • 55,477 Posts
    • 152,882 Thanks
    colinw
    Better up your arm than in your .... .....
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    They might have they were all over
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 18th Jun 19, 7:09 PM
    • 3,350 Posts
    • 4,755 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Nipped the end of my finger with a saw, in its self that is fine. Trying to get the sticking plaster out of its wrapper one handed whilst dripping blood on the clients floor was irritating.
    • MissPickle
    • By MissPickle 18th Jun 19, 8:37 PM
    • 1,155 Posts
    • 1,589 Thanks
    MissPickle
    Nipped the end of my finger with a saw, in its self that is fine. Trying to get the sticking plaster out of its wrapper one handed whilst dripping blood on the clients floor was irritating.
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Awww
    Make sure you keep it really clean. Put a bit of savlon on it too.
    Make sure you change the plaster regularly at work & try to let it air a bit at night when you go to bed.
    It's very important that you look after it, you don't want that getting infected.
    Smile... It'll confuse em.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 18th Jun 19, 8:50 PM
    • 12,095 Posts
    • 32,352 Thanks
    suki1964
    Sleazys new avatar

Sheesh its like a a cat on acid
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 19th Jun 19, 3:45 AM
    • 17,629 Posts
    • 37,655 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Sleazys new avatar

Sheesh its like a a cat on acid
    Originally posted by suki1964
    Thanks Suki
    I was fed up with the old one and found the current incumbent, but tbh I was thinking about changing it again .... shan't promise, but maybe later
    Weekly Distance Walked 26 km / Total For Year 782 km
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th Jun 19, 5:33 AM
    • 8,210 Posts
    • 14,918 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    At work, the lottery terminal is out of action. Despite several printed signs saying that we apologise that the lottery terminal is out of order around the tills and the stand thing where the game slips are kept. Customers still wanted to buy tickets and cash in scratchcards. When we explained to then that our lottery terminal is broken - a few got irate. Yet at top of the road, about 2 minutes walk, there is a 24/7 shop attached to a petrol station that has a lottery terminal.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 19th Jun 19, 2:22 PM
    • 55,477 Posts
    • 152,882 Thanks
    colinw
    Oh yes I remembered! Skateboarders...bloody noisy they are
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 19th Jun 19, 5:02 PM
    • 13,554 Posts
    • 18,830 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    EDF - they've text me at least 4 times and sent me 2 letters in the last 2-3 weeks about ******* smart meters - all I did was try to find out more about their rollout programme, but I had to express interest to get even the slightest bit of info.

Also, I find their website to be slower than a dial-up modem that's had all of its innards gutted...
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

83Posts Today

1,216Users online

Martin's Twitter