Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 28
    • Carolinehalsall1
    • By Carolinehalsall1 31st May 19, 7:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Carolinehalsall1
    Please help
    Please can you help me as have a ukpc fine
    • waamo
    • By waamo 31st May 19, 9:13 PM
    • 7,084 Posts
    • 9,575 Thanks
    waamo
    Please can you help me as have a ukpc fine
    Originally posted by Carolinehalsall1
    Yes we can. Read the thread at the top of this board that tells Newbies to read it first. When you've done that start your own thread.
    This space for hire.
    • tiamal1
    • By tiamal1 4th Jun 19, 5:28 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    tiamal1
    Euro car park parking notices
    Can Euro car park charge me and do I have to pay, please help
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 4th Jun 19, 5:37 PM
    • 11,781 Posts
    • 16,173 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Originally posted by tiamal1
    As Waamo says above >>>>>

"Yes we can. Read the thread at the top of this board that tells Newbies to read it first. When you've done that start your own thread."
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Jun 19, 5:39 PM
    • 15,855 Posts
    • 18,866 Thanks
    KeithP
    Originally posted by tiamal1
    The answer to your first question is - yes.

The answer to your second question is - no.

For more comprehensive answers you would be best advised to read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
    • HarryCrumb
    • By HarryCrumb 25th Jun 19, 11:06 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    HarryCrumb
    Cancelled PCN from G24 at Homebase

A family member recently got a mailed Contractual PCN from G24 after parking in a Homebase carpark. They had actually been shopping in store and had a receipt so we decided the best course of action was to speak to the manager. He apologised and said he would email G24 to have it cancelled. He also explained that it was the landowner who employed G24, not Homebase.

Good result.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 26th Jun 19, 8:48 AM
    • 13,855 Posts
    • 14,337 Thanks
    The Deep
    Homebase should tell the landowner that their poodle is affecting their trade.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • adam5816
    • By adam5816 27th Jun 19, 3:56 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    adam5816
    Hi guys, reporting another success at McDonalds. Just be adamant and as long as you did not abuse any parking and are a genuine customer you can get it cancelled!,

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5997602&page=2#28
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Jun 19, 11:03 PM
    • 74,527 Posts
    • 87,061 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well done! Even after losing at POPLA it's not too late to complain to retailers.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • adam5816
    • By adam5816 28th Jun 19, 8:24 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    adam5816
    Definitely, it is never too late. Anyone facing an unfair ticket, id recommend you to try to speak to the retailer first. I did in person and got shut down but after emailing the CEO I was able to actually get somewhere.

Although, it is nice wasting their time, going through POPLA, losing and then getting it cancelled after they've sent their letters out and paid for POPLA.
    • Mad_Ferret72
    • By Mad_Ferret72 29th Jun 19, 10:03 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Mad_Ferret72
    Highview another success - cancelled in 16 mins!!!. Hope you don't mind me posting here.

To all the wonderful people on here giving advice.

THANK YOU!

I received a PCN using APNR cameras at Urban Exchange, it used to be 2 hrs free parking. I've parked there occasionally over the last few years but it is now only 1 hour I believe. I didn't bother to go back and check.

Undeterred I did loads of research here and to anyone looking here, please please spend time reading the newbies section rather than posting straight away.

In my research, I have seen lots of posts and many are the same. People just need to take time to read the posts and follow the instructions. Credit to the people continually replying to the same enquiries day in day out.

Anyway I completed the online form and was simple. Put in reg no. and PCN no. Complete your name address and email.
    Click you were not the driver / don't know who the driver was/incorrectly issued or what ever the last drop down is.
    Click other for reason and copy and paste the blue template with you PCN number in the free text box. It warns you when you click on submit that you haven't attached anything, don't worry.
    I was a little nervous myself thinking they might single me out for using the same template. But they realise we are getting help in here and just fold.

So, I have seen the 2 hour challenge and would argue that I submitted at 8pm and received an email by 8.16am cancelling the PCN. I reckon that is 16 mins assuming they received this outside of working hours.

Either way thanks to Coupon Mad and others who give up their time to fight back against these rip off merchants.

Another successful PCN challenge with Highview.
    😀
    • 1505grandad
    • By 1505grandad 29th Jun 19, 12:29 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    1505grandad
    Congrats on having it cancelled. However have you mixed up your a.m. with p.m. because as it stands the cancellation came over 12 hours later?
    • j_g_uk
    • By j_g_uk 29th Jun 19, 1:58 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    j_g_uk
    Holiday Inn Guildford
    Having read some of the threads on here, I hope that I am not speaking too soon but we had a PCN from Parking Eye for our car being parked at Guildford HI while attending a conference. I wrote and complained to the duty manager and the front of House Manager at HI has just written saying that they have told PE to cancel the charge. Hopefully that's the last I'll hear... I did it by snail mail so I have their printed letter in my hand.
    Last edited by j_g_uk; 29-06-2019 at 1:58 PM. Reason: typo
    • Mad_Ferret72
    • By Mad_Ferret72 30th Jun 19, 8:30 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Mad_Ferret72
    Haha yes maybe it was a nice try on my part. It's a fair point 8pm and cancelled 8.16am so really 12.16 hours but was thinking I sent it out of hours so from them actually receiving it I reckon they start at 8am in the morning.

Sufficie to say it's a great result thanks to everyone on here and am grateful for what you all do.
    • Florenc
    • By Florenc 11th Jul 19, 12:05 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Florenc
    Euro Parking Services
    I hope I am posting this in the right place. I received a NTK in the post from Euro Parking Services Ltd for being parked outside an allocated bay. In fact, I had pulled out of the parking bay to exit, when a car double parked over the exit, preventing me from exiting. I hooted and asked him to move, and he signalled that he would be a minute. During the time it took for said man to return to his vehicle and me to exit, EPS deemed I was parked outside a bay.. Needless to say, my appeal to them was denied. It was a bit tricky finding out who the land owner was, it is a small centre in Birmingham with a Tesco Express and a Greggs, and both Tesco and Greggs claimed no affiliation with the parking service. So I googled the building name and found the actual owners. After an email to them, I received a very apologetic call, and was told that if you stop for even a minute, they issue a PCN. I've just received an email confirmation from the land owner that they have had the PCN cancelled with Euro Parking Services. Thanks for the heads up in this forum to pursue the land owner.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 11th Jul 19, 12:06 PM
    • 5,314 Posts
    • 5,051 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Well done, a good result.
    • Bluemoon85
    • By Bluemoon85 11th Jul 19, 7:58 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bluemoon85
    Help needed... smart parking fine
    Hi
    I have received a PCN from Smart parking today and do not know where to start or what is best to do next.

Can anyone help please .
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Jul 19, 8:01 PM
    • 23,321 Posts
    • 29,752 Thanks
    Redx
    the NEWBIES FAQ STICKY THREAD is the third thread down from the top of this forum , so near the top

please start your own thread using the red NEW THREAD BUTTON, top left of this forum , near that NEWBIES thread

post your query into it , because people will ignore you in this thread because it is not yours at all so we will only tell you once what you need to do about it (and wont answer your query unless you have your own thread)

the rule is , one person one thread , so please start your own thread after reading the NEWBIES faq sticky thread

thank you
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 19, 12:50 AM
    • 74,527 Posts
    • 87,061 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hi
    I have received a PCN from Smart parking today and do not know where to start or what is best to do next.

Can anyone help please .
    Originally posted by Bluemoon85
    If you didn't notice that my signature under every reply I make here tells every newbie where to click to find the NEWBIES thread, then please get off the phone and on a laptop and click on the breadcrumb trail at the top of this page, to get back.

We assume people who miss my signature, below, must be on phones.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Mrs popcorn
    • By Mrs popcorn 15th Jul 19, 10:09 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Mrs popcorn
    Me 1 highview 0
    Hello,

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to those who contributed to this thread with so much knowledge and information.
    I actually received a highview parking ticket (golden eye ticket) on Friday 12th July 19, for overstaying my time at Catford retail island. After studying these threads, I sent the blue template as suggested and unedited in the sticky thread Friday evening and today Monday 15th July 19 at 9:59 I received a response "
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN).
    Further to your representations, we have investigated your claims and can confirm that your Notice has subsequently been cancelled in full and no further action will be taken.

Yours faithfully,
    HIGHVIEW PARKING LIMITED

Thanks again everyone. This was a brilliant result!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,802Posts Today

7,113Users online

Martin's Twitter