Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dgwave73
    • By dgwave73 2nd Aug 13, 2:20 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 4Thanks
    dgwave73
    Parking Eye - County Court Claim Form
    • 2nd Aug 13, 2:20 PM
    Parking Eye - County Court Claim Form 2nd Aug 13 at 2:20 PM
    I got a parking eye 'Parking Charge Notice' back in Jan 2013. I parked in Pizza Hut, had a meal, but didn't know I had to put a car reg in to a little computer in their foyer. I got the notice through the post shortly afterwards despite having been a paying customer! (Paid cash so can't prove the transaction)
    I have followed the advice to ignore all the previous letters - 3 or 4 now I think.

Today I have had through what looks like a Northampton County Court Claim Form. It has ParkingEye as the claimant and is claiming 150 from me . It seems official and gives me 14 days to acknowledge. Is this genuine or another pseudo official document?
Page 3
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 23rd Apr 14, 10:26 PM
    • 24,015 Posts
    • 38,592 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I have also ignored all the letters and got a court letter. Particulars of claim states Notice under the protection of freedoms act 2012 has been given under Sch 4, making the keeper liable. So does that mean that even though I was not the driver I still have to pay?
    Also if they have spelt the name wrong can you have it struck out?
    Originally posted by Green Diamond
    Not a chance in a million - sorry, but irrelevant in the context of PPCs.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • LittleAcorns
    Hi all,

We've received a Claim Form from Parking Eye - should we pay it? We ignored previous letters (based on advice received).
    • waamo
    • By waamo 1st Mar 15, 8:00 PM
    • 7,109 Posts
    • 9,633 Thanks
    waamo
    Hi all,

We've received a Claim Form from Parking Eye - should we pay it? We ignored previous letters (based on advice received).
    Originally posted by LittleAcorns
    Please start your own thread. Where court is involved answering two people in one thread just leads to confusion.
  • LittleAcorns
    Please start your own thread. Where court is involved answering two people in one thread just leads to confusion.
    Originally posted by waamo
    Thanks waamo - although for some reason we can't see a 'New Thread' button... ?
    Edit: found it
    Last edited by LittleAcorns; 01-03-2015 at 8:19 PM.
    • enfield freddy
    • By enfield freddy 1st Mar 15, 8:22 PM
    • 5,920 Posts
    • 3,909 Thanks
    enfield freddy
    Thanks waamo - although for some reason we can't see a 'New Thread' button... ?
    Edit: found it
    Originally posted by LittleAcorns

as per enclosed photo

• parkinghero
    • By parkinghero 9th Oct 15, 11:40 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    parkinghero
    I beat parking eye
    I initially ignored the letters from Parking Eye as previous posts had suggested to do but then I received one that was headed "LETTER BEFORE COUNTY COURT" so I knew it was time to take action. As I didn't have receipts from the shops I visited I took screenshots of the payments made along to the retail park and got the managers of the shops to email both the landlord of the property and parking eye (copying me in). They stated they had seen proof I was a paying customer. I then proceeded to email the landlord and Parking Eye myself with attachments of the payments and copies of the emails from the stores. I demanded a formal letter of apology and they were very quick to send me the following email:

"We can confirm that the below Parking Charge has been cancelled and a letter has been sent in the post.

Kind Regards,

ParkingEye Team."

Remember these are large chains that don't want to get their name associated with such scammers. Although the individual outlets maybe franchises if Parking Eye don't play ball by doing the above you can always go to the head office of the shops on the retail park who will no doubt have more clout than the parking company themselves. Remind them that this makes THEM look bad.

Good Luck!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Oct 15, 12:41 PM
    • 24,015 Posts
    • 38,592 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Great result and great advice.

But, unless your PCN and/or advice was from before October 2012 .....

I initially ignored the letters from Parking Eye as previous posts had suggested to do
    ...... that suggestion never came from this forum, least of all relating to PE, the most litigious private parking company in the UK, with 30,000 court papers issued last year.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

369Posts Today

5,007Users online

Martin's Twitter