Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 51
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 7th May 18, 9:04 PM
    • 4,847 Posts
    • 39,635 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Yesterday in Morrison's- large sourdough brown loaf- was 1.63 for 17 pence. Gave half away to a friend
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling : Entrant 8 ..6470cc+3045mm (3.04.5) + RK 8.03
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 8th May 18, 9:02 PM
    • 4,847 Posts
    • 39,635 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Today, some kind of puffed crisp black pepper and salt flavoured biscuits in M&S. Multipack of 5 full price 2.50, ood today (!) now 25 pence
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling : Entrant 8 ..6470cc+3045mm (3.04.5) + RK 8.03
    • CraigA2018
    • By CraigA2018 5th Nov 18, 1:23 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    CraigA2018
    Hello there everyone,

I'm a Yellow Whoops Bargain hunter. I'm not getting much lately they seem to be altering the times, In Hinckley. Could anyone let me know the store times please thank you ASDA, MORRISONS, TESCO, ONE STOP
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 5th Nov 18, 5:53 PM
    • 6,356 Posts
    • 2,910 Thanks
    LeeUK
    They don't change the times just to catch people out. They are reduced and the supermarket wants them sold and away.
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 5th Nov 18, 8:47 PM
    • 2,300 Posts
    • 8,084 Thanks
    Ilona
    Hello there everyone,

I'm a Yellow Whoops Bargain hunter. I'm not getting much lately they seem to be altering the times, In Hinckley. Could anyone let me know the store times please thank you ASDA, MORRISONS, TESCO, ONE STOP
    Originally posted by CraigA2018
    Nobody knows the times, they are all different. You need to go to the store and ask the staff. My Tesco does three markdowns, around lunchtime, around mid afternoon, and around early evening. Each store will have it's own system. They sometimes keep to the same times, or they can change them depending if they have the staff to cover the job of printing the stickers.

ilona
    I love skip diving.
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 9th Nov 18, 9:35 PM
    • 2,300 Posts
    • 8,084 Thanks
    Ilona
    Just back from Tesco. Paid 7.52 for 37.30 worth of food. Mainly fruit, veg, and salads. No scrum, all very civilized.

ilona
    I love skip diving.
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 14th Nov 18, 12:52 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 2,317 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Found some goodies in Poundstretcher; 2 bars of Milka chocolate, 20 Twix fingers, 2 packs of corn and chia seed cakes, large pack of milk biscuits, 2 boxes of shredded wheat with rye, quinoa and honey, 4 packs of Sharwoods straight to work noodles - 2.20. Seems to be an end of month thing. M&S Connie the caterpillar cake for 75p the following day

Then on Friday evening hubby gets in with 32 bread items and 10 doughnuts for 35p all in. Freezer is full!
    • Lili7
    • By Lili7 15th Nov 18, 7:35 PM
    • 1,980 Posts
    • 5,279 Thanks
    Lili7
    In Morrison's at about 5PM you can normally find the best reduced prices on chilled products.
    x
    • Pennysmakepounds
    • By Pennysmakepounds 21st Nov 18, 4:21 PM
    • 295 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    Pennysmakepounds
    last Xmas I got 2 or 3 large packs of Salmon that were 10ish each for less then a pound.

Will be doing the rounds again this year. That Salmon was TAAAASSSSSTTTTEEEEYYYYYYYY....
    To be Young AGAIN!!!!...what a wonderfull thought!!!!!:rolleyes:
    • ScarletRaven
    • By ScarletRaven 21st Nov 18, 9:31 PM
    • 382 Posts
    • 1,197 Thanks
    ScarletRaven
    Was very happy to find (in Tesco) 100g bars of vegan white chocolate for 38p each (down from 1.50), and packs of Trek protein bars for 69p (down from 2.75) - all with best before dates well into next year!
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 28th Nov 18, 11:42 AM
    • 2,447 Posts
    • 4,851 Thanks
    dlusman
    At the weekend -

3 * pizzas - 4 each reduced to 20p
    5 * 2 naan breads - 1 each reduced to 5p each

1 * sourdough loaf - 1.25 to 5p
    2 * 1.5kg tubs of pasta salad ( that would normally be used to refill the salad bar ) - 12p each
    2 * packs of sushi - 3.00 down to 5p
    • dont_use_vistaprint
    • By dont_use_vistaprint 21st Dec 18, 5:05 PM
    • 429 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    dont_use_vistaprint
    Xmas Eve Bargains
    Last year M&S and Lidl was insane, 1 turkeys, 20p luxury Christmas puddings etc . I regretted shopping earlier but a lot of it lasted until Easter and some toiletries sets are still under the bed for this years presents! Anyone know what other stores will do this and what the best times to arrive are , trying to organise a sleek 2hr xmas eve bargain fest in the nearest city.
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
    • MysteryMe
    • By MysteryMe 21st Dec 18, 11:00 PM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 2,716 Thanks
    MysteryMe
    Got a 500 gm punnet of red grapes for 13p in Asda, the parrot is overjoyed.

I've never struck gold on Xmas eve although have only ventured to the local co op not one of the big supermarkets.
    • happydays89
    • By happydays89 23rd Dec 18, 2:31 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 2,015 Thanks
    happydays89
    My husband got a turkey crown a few days ago in Tesco,should of been 26 it was reduced to 2.60.Its gone in the freezer for Christmas Day.
    We have just sorted the freezer ready for Christmas Eve bargains.
    • otbc.ncfc
    • By otbc.ncfc 23rd Dec 18, 5:29 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    otbc.ncfc
    What time do you tend to find xmas eve reductions? Are they around the same time as usual (ie an hour before closing) or do they do it earlier? First year we'll try going!
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 23rd Dec 18, 5:43 PM
    • 6,356 Posts
    • 2,910 Thanks
    LeeUK
    What time do you tend to find xmas eve reductions? Are they around the same time as usual (ie an hour before closing) or do they do it earlier? First year we'll try going!
    Originally posted by otbc.ncfc
    Expect to find 24th and 25th from early doors and even 26th dated stuff as some shops know they won't be as busy on boxing day to shift it all.

Source: many years working in retail.
    • dont_use_vistaprint
    • By dont_use_vistaprint 24th Dec 18, 11:44 AM
    • 429 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    dont_use_vistaprint
    Originally posted by otbc.ncfc
    Yes last year was literally the last hour - COP, Lidl, M&S. I'm looking at whose closed for 2 days this year and Waitrose looks a good bet
    • dont_use_vistaprint
    • By dont_use_vistaprint 26th Dec 18, 12:23 PM
    • 429 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    dont_use_vistaprint
    Anyone get any xmas eve bargains ? M&S yellow sticker man literally needed armed guards by 4:45 :-) Waitrose was disappointing but M&S & Tesco very good
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 26th Dec 18, 6:02 PM
    • 2,447 Posts
    • 4,851 Thanks
    dlusman
    Lots of carrots & sprouts being given away free in Asda this morning
    • Cake_Angel
    • By Cake_Angel 2nd Jan 19, 2:03 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    Cake_Angel
    Went to Morrisons a couple of weeks ago about an hour before closing time and got a loaf of Warburtons Toastie for 6p and 2 packs of tiger rolls for 8p each. Stuck the loaf in the freezer and the rolls made lunch for 2 days for me and my partner: when they got a bit hard I just quickly ran them under the tap and heated them in the oben for 10 mins at 180 and they were fine. Its very hit and miss though as one day I got those and the next week they had nothing apart from a battered cake.
    2019 2 Savers Challenge Number 31: 10
    The 365 Day Penny Challenge 2019 Number 23: 1.50

On a money saving mission

Goal Move In Date Dec 2019
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,897Posts Today

8,241Users online

Martin's Twitter