Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dlb
    • By dlb 1st Sep 06, 3:20 PM
    • 2,482Posts
    • 22,017Thanks
    dlb
    Christmas breakfast-Ideas please
    • 1st Sep 06, 3:20 PM
    Christmas breakfast-Ideas please 1st Sep 06 at 3:20 PM
    Is there anything i could put in the slow cooker overnight for xmas day breakfast?

One thing i always make the kids do before we see if santa has been, is have some breakfast, this used to be sat on the stairs at our old house as you couldnt get to the kitchen without going through the main room.

But now we have a dinning room i really would like us all to sit down and enjoy a yummy breakfast before all hell breaks lose ( 4 kids under 10) LOL, and the kids start to eat hundreds of chocolate bars!!!

Any ideas would be great, as i want to set the table with one present for each person at breakfast time, and enjoy something easy but nice.
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
Page 8
  • penelopedee
    Probably boiled eggs and toast in between pressies and any goodies they get. We don't eat Christmas Dinner until late afternoon so it works out ok. Its only the four of us and its fairly easy going, just as long as the boys attempt something substantial in between the sweet stuff.

Our tradition is to have a Christmas Eve teatime party with the extended family then the boys have a small stocking that evening when everyone has gone home, with sweets, pringles and a DVD in (bits they don't normally get). I know their diets go to pot from Christmas eve lunchtime so by the time we have Christmas Dinner they actually fancy something decent to eat.
    This time I haven't smoked since 6th Jan 2014 and still going ok.
    Fingers crossed x
    • cyclingyorkie
    • By cyclingyorkie 7th Dec 13, 10:19 PM
    • 4,198 Posts
    • 59,581 Thanks
    cyclingyorkie
    I shall be having an enormous mug of tea and some porridge, as will DD1. The rest of the family will be having toast...
    Flylady and proud of it
    • Westywoodpecker
    • By Westywoodpecker 8th Dec 13, 12:43 AM
    • 6,351 Posts
    • 13,508 Thanks
    Westywoodpecker
    Sorry to disappoint you but I don't think you can beat freshly squeezed orange juice, crispy bacon on soft white bread spread with butter and a big mug of tea to set you up for xmas day!
    Originally posted by Floozie
    That's our brekkie too.
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker
  • Antwerpen
    We're having french toast with bananas and syrup. Very quick and yummy
    • liney
    • By liney 8th Dec 13, 4:18 PM
    • 4,889 Posts
    • 8,248 Thanks
    liney
    French toast; now there's a thought.
    "On behalf of teachers, I'd like to dedicate this award to Michael Gove and I mean dedicate in the Anglo Saxon sense which means insert roughly into the anus of." My hero, Mr Steer.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 9th Dec 13, 9:12 AM
    • 6,402 Posts
    • 47,101 Thanks
    joedenise
    We'll be in France so it will probably be croissant, pain raison or pain chocolat, depending on what we buy the day before in the bakers, although in some areas the bakers open on Christmas morning so if we're in one of those areas we'll obviously buy fresh!

Denise
    • lostinrates
    • By lostinrates 15th Dec 13, 6:59 AM
    • 53,931 Posts
    • 342,642 Thanks
    lostinrates
    I've been deliberating this year. We might have no starter for the makin meal....its just DH and I, which is rare. And we eat late afternoon as a sort of hybrid lunch supper, after the animals have been put away for the day but before a late walk around. So breakfast is still a big deal here, being one of two adult meals.

This year I am thinking of making a spiced caramelised orange salad to serve with home made waffles which we could eat after 'le cake' a cheese and ham cake, which we can eat in thin slices with some stuff like chicory, celery or some hot veg, like stewed tomatoes and or some of the cristmas ham.

I fancy something more special tbh, and vegetarian and hot, but I'm struggling and it seems silly to tie oneself in knots over breakfast on Christmas Day!
    • soon2bjobless
    • By soon2bjobless 15th Dec 13, 3:21 PM
    • 416 Posts
    • 1,208 Thanks
    soon2bjobless
    We always have the same breakies - croissants filled with scrambled egg and bacon washed down by bucks fizz - tried pancakes with maple syrup and bacon one year but it didnt feel christmassy! Traditions are traditions...
  • Jacksmummy
    croissants and jam for myself & dh and xmas tree crumpets for ds x
    G.C July 21.09/100

• otterspasm
    • By otterspasm 18th Dec 13, 3:13 PM
    • 340 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    otterspasm
    Well, after reading this thread, I've decided on a continental breakfast and so we'll be having a selection of croissants/pain au chocolat/rolls with homecooked sliced ham, cheese and jams. With orange juice and tea/coffee. I'm dead excited now!
    Tess x

Underground, overground, wombling free...
    Old Style weight loss so far...2 stone and 7 pounds
    • sparrer
    • By sparrer 18th Dec 13, 4:48 PM
    • 6,784 Posts
    • 53,686 Thanks
    sparrer
    When the children were small they had something from their chocolate selection boxes while we just had toast and marmalade. Some years later when we had a residential home the residents had their usual breakfast and at 11.30am we had a cocktail morning for families & friends with canapes etc, so no time for our breakfast. Nowadays I'm back to toast or cereal as I know my DD will make a delicious lunch and I want to be able to do it justice
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,675Posts Today

7,600Users online

Martin's Twitter