Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Apricot
    • By Apricot 15th Jun 11, 9:16 AM
    • 2,339Posts
    • 7,486Thanks
    Apricot
    MSE Pregnancy Club 22
    • 15th Jun 11, 9:16 AM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 22 15th Jun 11 at 9:16 AM
    This is a continuation of this thread which was closed due to it's length.

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

What's it about?

Back in July 06 Bailey started this thread to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be. Now it's not just for those that are pregnant but also those trying to conceive and MoneySavers that have probably already given birth and yet are probably too tired to let everyone know.

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list, adding themselves to one of these categories (the last one, people are moved to for obvious reasons!): If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:
    • Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
    • Scroll down until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
    • Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
    • Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
    • Add yourself to the list then click save
    • And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.
    Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter
    DD July 2011

Aug 13 4235.19 2550.00
Page 288
  • jenjade
    oh dear. DD1 came home from school had a screaming paddy about nothing.,.. 30 minutes later she has a headache and has just thrown up... not much fun
    Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day with a broke heart Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition
    • Skint_Catt
    • By Skint_Catt 15th Sep 11, 3:55 PM
    • 11,431 Posts
    • 23,689 Thanks
    Skint_Catt
    I'm sitting here crying - not for any particular reason other than I'm scared OH is going to think I'm so lazy & hate me forever. He works so hard, then comes home to do more jobs as we've been moved into our new house less than 3 weeks. I'm home all day, don't get up until about 11am (I only seem to sleep well after 6am), potter around but don't seem to get anything done, going out makes me feel ill (I've had a bad cold as well as feeling like a beached whale with SPD).

I've had fruit soaking for our Christmas Cake which I should have made today but can't summon up the energy to stand in the kitchen. Have done a few bits of ironing and popped out for milk & stamps but other than that I've wasted my day on here. I don't even feel like cooking dinner but don't feel I can ask OH to do it as soon as he walks in the door.

Sorry for rant, just hormones I guess but needed to share

C xx
  • jenjade
    TMI coming now.....

I think i have a small prolapes unterus... what am i going to do about that?

I had really really bad constipation earlier in the week and when i finally went it killed and since then down below has felt odd and doesnt look right.
    Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day with a broke heart Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition
  • jenjade
    oh no everyone has gone off having babies and abandoned me
    • Skint_Catt
    • By Skint_Catt 15th Sep 11, 4:56 PM
    • 11,431 Posts
    • 23,689 Thanks
    Skint_Catt
    Still here but prepping dinner so I don't feel quite so guilty.

I think I'd phone someone (midwife?) straight away - that doesn't sound good jenjade!

C xx
  • Puzzledbubbles
    Hi All,

Emilia Anne was born at 7:21 yesterday morning weighing 7lb 2oz

Hope everyone is well and labour vibes to those that need them, will post more soon

Puzzled x
    • Skint_Catt
    • By Skint_Catt 15th Sep 11, 5:02 PM
    • 11,431 Posts
    • 23,689 Thanks
    Skint_Catt
    Congrats puzzled! Great name
    C xx
  • jenjade
    Hi All,

Emilia Anne was born at 7:21 yesterday morning weighing 7lb 2oz

Hope everyone is well and labour vibes to those that need them, will post more soon

Puzzled x
    Originally posted by Puzzledbubbles

Congratulations! lovely name ;-)
  • *Redhead*
    Congratulations Puzzled.

Hope you and baby are both well... Xxx
  • Elmo1985
    Congrats Puzzled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been for 40 week check up today, bambino's only 3/5ths engaged and apparently ive got a high glucose level in my urine - midwife asked 'hmmmmm have you been eating anything sugary?' 'no' 'any biscuits?' 'no' 'hmmmmm' WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? ????? So i dont know if thats a problem or not????

Booked in for a sweep for next thursday - sick as a chip Getting a kebab for tea for a treat. mmmm.
    Sealed Pot challenge" member #1342 Online Saver 60.00
    DEMONS : Lookagain 1358 // Debenhams
    767 // Cap1 141.00 // OD 800.00
    Official DFW Nerd #1385 - Proud to be dealing with my debt!
    Pay one debt 2012! 0 / 800

Baby Girl born 25/09/11

• seafarers_wife
    Im going to have the hissy fit to end all hissy fits tomorrow.

Just had a phonecall from my manager wanting to know why i did 8 - 12 today and not my scheduled shift! well you muppet thats because a few weeks ago you offered to keep me on part time hours till i went on maternity leave due to the problems and the amount of appointsments im having and last week i mentioned it to you and you said to do 8 - 12 and they would sort out my shifts in time!

so now it turns out ive got to cancel everything ive got booked tomorrow afternoon and go to work the shift thats been scheduled for me, baring in mind he has had 3 weeks to sort out my shifts. it wasnt a problem till i mentioned i had the docs at 12.15 and needed to leave slightly early tomorrow to make the appointment.

Im so angry and he had better be prepared for me tomorrow as im going to tear him a new one. im tempted to get the doc to sign me off as i honestly cant deal with the incompetence of the idiots that work there and they are stressing me out which i dont need on top of everything else that is going on both with this pregnancy and in life in general at the moment.

he can go and jump, as i am not doing any other shift apart form 8 - 12 as i am NOT cancelling every appointment that ive already rearanged due to my shift changing and that is multiple apointments over the next few weeks some pregnancy related and some not, but tough.

I have 10 days of work left so its not long to go in the grand scheme of things, but seriously ive been open and honest with him about everything im dealing with at the moment and he knows what a hormonal mess i am yet thinks something like this isnt a problem. well screw all the unpaid overtime ive done the past few weeks, i want paying for it.
  • Elmo1985
    I'm sitting here crying - not for any particular reason other than I'm scared OH is going to think I'm so lazy & hate me forever. He works so hard, then comes home to do more jobs as we've been moved into our new house less than 3 weeks. I'm home all day, don't get up until about 11am (I only seem to sleep well after 6am), potter around but don't seem to get anything done, going out makes me feel ill (I've had a bad cold as well as feeling like a beached whale with SPD).

I've had fruit soaking for our Christmas Cake which I should have made today but can't summon up the energy to stand in the kitchen. Have done a few bits of ironing and popped out for milk & stamps but other than that I've wasted my day on here. I don't even feel like cooking dinner but don't feel I can ask OH to do it as soon as he walks in the door.

Sorry for rant, just hormones I guess but needed to share

C xx
    Originally posted by Skint_Catt

make casseroles - thats all ive been doing! bung everything into a pot pop the lid on and stick in the oven - simples - i cant be bothered with fancy pants food - or do you have a slow cooker?

Baby Girl born 25/09/11

• Wonder Womble
    Congrats to MrsT and Puzzled Anymore ladies care to pop one out today?

Nothing to report from me other than myself and OH both have this horrid cold, and I can't stop eating chocolate.

Skintcatt I know what you mean, my OH slaves away and I feel like such a lazy slob because I can't be bothered to make any dinner
  • jenjade
    right okay i phoned the midwife... so embarressed.

explained about the constipation etc. she said it could be piles or a prolapes. she said to book the doctors and see the midwife tomorrow as scheduled. I dont like it. it is horrid
    • Skint_Catt
    • By Skint_Catt 15th Sep 11, 5:42 PM
    • 11,431 Posts
    • 23,689 Thanks
    Skint_Catt
    make casseroles - thats all ive been doing! bung everything into a pot pop the lid on and stick in the oven - simples - i cant be bothered with fancy pants food - or do you have a slow cooker?
    Originally posted by Elmo1985
    I'm not that keen on casseroles tbh I'm not even trying to do anything too hard - only a chilli - I just can't be arsed to throw it all in the pan. OH keeps telling me he loves cooking & doesn't mind doing it after work but seeing as I'm sitting on my !!!! all day I still feel guilty! Must be more tired than normal today as I'm welling up again! Doh!

Doesn't help I nearly killed us yesterday - was using up some casserole beef from the freezer (old...very old...but smelt ok when defrosted), added a jar of curry sauce (to use up - we normally make from scratch) but with the first mouthful we both looked at each other & spat it out - ended up having pasta, beans & cheese
  • Winnie in Pooh
    Congratulations Puzzled!

Hope whatever is going on at work comes out in the wash Lirin you're right though, sounds a bit odd...

Skint Catt - I completely understand how you feel, sending big hugs it's very much the same in our house, I just can't get anything done and when I do manage to do something I'm laid up for days afterwards! DH has started telling me off for even trying now so I'm in bed ALL the time and it is proper depressing...

Seafarers Wife - your boss sounds like a royal pillock. Give him hell tomorrow!

Jenjade - give the midwife a ring and get that checked. Don't mean to pry, but have you used a mirror to have a look what's going on? Might be piles?

Hope I haven't missed anything! Labour vibes to those who want them and PUUUUUUUUSSSSHHHH to you lucky sods already in labour

• Elmo1985
    I'm not that keen on casseroles tbh I'm not even trying to do anything too hard - only a chilli - I just can't be arsed to throw it all in the pan. OH keeps telling me he loves cooking & doesn't mind doing it after work but seeing as I'm sitting on my !!!! all day I still feel guilty! Must be more tired than normal today as I'm welling up again! Doh!

Doesn't help I nearly killed us yesterday - was using up some casserole beef from the freezer (old...very old...but smelt ok when defrosted), added a jar of curry sauce (to use up - we normally make from scratch) but with the first mouthful we both looked at each other & spat it out - ended up having pasta, beans & cheese
    Originally posted by Skint_Catt
    At the end of the day you're cooking a baby inside you at the min - my oh has been working double shifts the last few weeks and has been cleaning the house when he gets in bless him - who would have known how good he is at cleaning the bathroom! wow! - if you cant be bothered you cant be bothered - theres a lot going on with your body thats tiring you out - ive only just started getting some energy back this last week or so - stop feeling guilty and go get a nice cuppa and some biscuits and have a nice cuddle of your man

Baby Girl born 25/09/11

• Winnie in Pooh
    !!!!!!, cross posted lol!

Also forgot to put what I came on for which was to say DH took me to Pizza Hut for payday treat dinner and I had chili pasta something and have had several fairly strong BH's since! Think I'll be making that at home tomorrow

MIL predicted that bubs would arrive between 13th and 16th September, so she's got one more day to be right!

• jenjade
    Congratulations Puzzled!

Jenjade - give the midwife a ring and get that checked. Don't mean to pry, but have you used a mirror to have a look what's going on? Might be piles?

Hope I haven't missed anything! Labour vibes to those who want them and PUUUUUUUUSSSSHHHH to you lucky sods already in labour
    Originally posted by Winnie in Pooh

i had a look but to be honest never looked at myself in the mirror like that so no idea what i am looking for... and to scared to google images as i feel that could be very extereme and scary!

anyone know what piles are like?

Also all babies movement have been down really low today...
    • mirrorimage0
    • By mirrorimage0 15th Sep 11, 5:54 PM
    • 3,838 Posts
    • 5,260 Thanks
    mirrorimage0
    seafarers wife, not sure if you know but if you get signed off sick within four weeks of your planned maternity leave then your employer can start your maternity leave early. just a heads up

skint catt i know what you mean, its how ive felt for ages, when im having a good day i tend to cook a few things ie lasagne, shepards pie, spag bol, and cakes and freeze them all so on the days i dont want to cook i can get it out the freezer,
    as for thehouse work just potter, yes you will feel guilty but its not for long.

my hubby has been great and has done most of it for the whole time ive felt like crap, i will make it up to him once the babys born and im back on track though.x
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys latest one born 10/10/11
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

544Posts Today

6,364Users online

Martin's Twitter