The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Bankruptcy Credit Reference File Clean Up - Discussion

Comments

• Found the link for the form to print out for the £2 equifax report, finally!

https://www.econsumer.equifax.co.uk/consumer/uk/uib/images/EFX_UK/en_GB/your%20equifax%20credit%20file%2012-07.pdf
  • I am in the process of clearing up my credit files after BR and have received a few letters back saying they are going to update the CRA files. When i have checked my reports the accounts in question (the ones that i have been told by the companies will be updated) although the dates have been changed i.e Default Date 22nd April 2005 the account status is still showing DEFAULT status.

Im i right in thinking that once the information has been updated the accounts are supposed to show SETTLED instead of Default?. If that is the case do i need to get back in touch with the companies and ask them to update their records to show the account is settled?. Also is there a template i could use to do this?

Many Thanks for your help
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Can anyone help me with the above post and also explain to me what "Worst Status" means on credit report. I have managed to get some information changed on my report by writing to the companies involved but in Worst Status is still showing as Default or missed payments??. If the companies have agreed to amend the information, does that not mean that they should mark the accounts as Settled now instead of Default??. I am getting a bit confused with all of this now?
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • I`ve found out that my credit rating is bad. I am not on electoral roll yet (but fully intend to do that now...)

more worryingly, i have a default, wshich arose from a mobile that i never hardly used, then when i thought it was paid off, i`d not been put down to the lowest tarriff to pay off.

I`m in the army, went on tour, moved house (twice) and got a new mortgage.(since the date of the default.)

Yet on trying to get a loan i found all this out and managed to find they`d sent to my original address then handed the account to a credit company!!!

I immediately paid the balance - which a, i`d never used and b, didn`t feel i should but am now stuck with this default that lkasts for 6 years??????????

Any help or ideas gratefully recieved !!!!!

Will S-K
  • bumpity bump
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • On the Credit Clean up sticky it shows examples of 2 credit files but says that further info is to be added about Callcredit, does anyone know if there is somewhere on the forum that examples of Callcredits credit reports are shown. I got mine today which shows my ED date but shows all my accounts states are DEFAULT. Will wait to see my other files but if anyone has any help on Callcredit I'd be extremely grateful.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Even after getting the reports corrected to show it is settled, each entry is still going to listed as defaulted.

It's the date of that default that is important. It must be no later than the date of the bankruptcy order.

I haven't bothered with my Callcredit report. All my accounts showed up on Experian and Equifax and are now correct on there. I presume they are correct on Callcredit as well now if they are listed at all.

As Callcredit are much less used than Experian or Equifax I haven't bothered with them. I suppose I should really.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • On this Callcredit report of mine it doesn't actually say Date of Default .......
    it just says Account State - default
    further down the list it says date account last updated (by creditor). One of them is a date after my discharge which probably means I need to contact my creditor with my discharge notice which I will do after I've checked the other 2. My head is battered with all this lol!!! So fermi did you have to chase your creditors up or were they correct right away?

UPDATE DUE TO ME NOT BEING ABLE TO UNDERSTAND MY REPORT LOL
    On closer inspection of my report I have found the date. On the callcredit reports it gives you a list of balances for the years you were with that company and the default date is added after that. It is one big report compared to my experian one lol!
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Mine weren't too bad to do.

Default dates weren't much of an issue since most had already been recorded before the BR anyway.

Egg marked their account correctly as partially settled from the start which was surprising.

HSBC and my mobile provider needed to mark things as settled, which they did.

I didn't need to do much chasing. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Got my Experian report this morning, much easier to read, 1 page of results compared to 13 from Callcredit. Right the default dates are all after my BR date so incorrect, it is definelty after the BR date and not the discharge date that I need to contact them, sorry for being thick btw : ) I hate doing stuff like this on my own.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback