No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2017

Comments

• dolly84 wrote: »
    I feel like I will never see this day. I have a ton of shower gel and haven't bought for ages but the stash never seems to get smaller.

I felt like this too, but managed to get down to zero eventually. You will get there :D
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 13/53 UU, 11 IN
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I feel like I will never see this day. I have a ton of shower gel and haven't bought for ages but the stash never seems to get smaller.

Me neither although my stash seems to be full of smaller sizes. Emma will be going back to Uni soon so I'm saving the big sizes for her to take back.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    I've lost track of numbering and will check this next time I post however:-

VS conditioner from kit

The Body Shop Chinese Ginseng mask
    This was gorgeous however still a bit pricey. Have a trial kit of the three Loreal masks to try next. Am hoping I find my new HG in there.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I have 4 INs to report:

La Roche Posay Hydreane Legere moisturiser 40ml
    La Roche Posay Hydreane Legere moisturiser sample
    La Roche Posay Cicaplast Mains hand cream 50ml
    Caudalie Moisturising Toner 100ml

The moisturiser and hand cream are back ups, for items I will finish in the next week or so. And the toner is a small treat.

I went shopping today and resisted buying anything skincare or toiletry related.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I decanted some body lotions into a pot because the bottles were so hard that I was struggling to get the product out, pleased to have been able to use them as they had been around for ages, were still very nice though.:D

30ml Hotel body lotion 2/76
    30ml Molton Brown body lotion 3/77
    30ml Molton Brown ginseng body lotion 4/78
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • maddie i did the same i decanted the last 200ml of a professional size 2l of shampoo. I have so much more space now. pure joy to see the shelf.
    I like to keep nice pump bottles for this as it is easier to use.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    An unexpected UU this afternoon:

The Chemistry Brand HA3 Hand Hydrator Hand Cream 60ml WPNBA. This was nice to begin with but it's not very hydrating in the long run. Going to replace it with the Soap and Glory hand cream I have in my stash as this is my home hand cream.
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Some updates from me, UUs and INs - unfortunately more Ins than outs, but I've got a holiday coming up (aaaagh can't wait, I need to get away from work!) and will hopefully get through a few.

UUs first:
    - Elemis Pro-collagen Oxygenating Night cream 15ml. WMBA - Really nice, but would only get it on offer
    - Elemis Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser 30ml. WNB - very nice, but not personally a fan of cream cleansers
    - Dior Dream Skin sample. WNB - no idea what it was meant to do, but it wasn't anything interesting.
    - Kedma eye and neck cream. WDNBA - used up on decolletage in the end just to get rid. Does nothing at all.

Ins:
    Estee Lauder holiday collection in a bag, lots of travel sizes:
    - Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, 7m
    - Estee Edit Dissolve the Drama, 15ml
    - Clinique Pep Start™ Eye Cream, 3ml
    - Origins Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Mask, 30ml
    - MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara, full size
    - Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick – Golden Pink, 0.9g
    - Bumble and bumble Surf Spray, 50ml
    - Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, 7ml
    - Plus sample of Estee Lauder Beam Team Hydrate & Glow; and Flash photo gloss

And I succumbed in Aldi and got their new version of Glamglow mud mask, and a body mask :o
    Will have a pamper this weekend and try them both out :D
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have a uu

Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser Normal/Combination 50ml
    - WBA, really enjoy using this and have another in the stash already.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM wrote: »
    I've lost track of numbering and will check this next time I post however:-

VS conditioner from kit

The Body Shop Chinese Ginseng mask
    This was gorgeous however still a bit pricey. Have a trial kit of the three Loreal masks to try next. Am hoping I find my new HG in there.

The mask above is the 9th item this month. I tried the L'Oreal Glow one this morning and loved the feel of it as it's scrubby. Think I may replace my Lush Cup o Coffee with this for times when I can't get the Lush.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family