Cheap Car Insurance Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• Shadow2198
    Options
    Shadow2198 wrote: »
    In the Cheap Car Insurance guide it states one of the cons of Moneysupermarket as "Was contacted within 60 seconds by telephone for not 'opting-out' of marketing calls (and the opt-out option is not easy to find)."

Could someone advise when and where the opt-out option is before I click on the button on the last step to proceed and show my results. Don't really want to click through and have all my details passed onto all and sundry!

Any help please guys? Also, why is this thread not a sticky as it is a continuation of the previous sticky?
  • Super_Stomper
    Options
    Not sure if this is the right thread to post this question - the embedded link on the Car Insurance website still goes to the closed thread.

I am a 61-year old female now in receipt of the government retirement pension. Just before Christmas I was made redundant from my office job and am curently unemployed. When looking for car insurance should I still say I am an office worker? I don't know if being classed as retired would push up my premium. PS I am also divorced which puts up the premium as I'm classed as 'footloose and fancy free' even though I have been so for over 30 years! Are divorced men discriminated in the same way?
  • Simongw
    Simongw Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    While I understand that this thread is predominantly about price- and I am a serial price comparer every year- service is worth considering too. An accident claim can be stressful. I have recently had an accident (not my fault) and claimed- LV were my insurers- and although they were 3rd or 4th on price for me (at about £220 for fullycomp on a 4x4) I had no hesitation in renewing. Their service was brilliant- and the "comfort" of knowing that is worth a few extra pounds.
    My story here: http://www.myexperienceof.net/page17.htm

(I am a retired teacher living in Scotland)
  • showmethemoney!_2
    Options
    What a stresful day! My son passed his driving test at the weekend and he is desperate to get out there, he goes to college and it is the easter holidays.

I have looked for quotes and the prices are as high as £15,000 to the cheapest I have seen Admiral multicar £3454.11. But I have to move mine and my husbands to them aswell.

Does anyone know of anyone that they have found to be worth a try. The car is valued at £2000 so the insurance is ridiculous.:mad:

Any help or tips would be very appreciated.
  • MrsOckers
    Options
    I am a 33 yr old female with 9 yrs protected ncb, my husband is 26 with 2 yrs ncb. We originally had an Admiral multi car policy which was very reasonably priced. As the policy was about to expire, we changed my car from a zafira to a galaxy, my husband still has his celica. At renewal Admiral wanted to increase the price by £400 a year, making the renewal £1548! I contacted MoreThan, whom we have home insurance with and for both cars the total yearly cost inc the pay monthly premium was £1000.46, a total saving of over £500!!!!!
    I was amazed! Our insurance is almost due for renewal again, so hopefully it will come down even further! (I know my husband gets the benefit of my age/experience/ncb - he is lucky! lol)

Hope this helps
    Emma
  • sarajane1982
    Options
    It says that more than will beat my insurance if im 30 and have a my licence for X amount of years, well I fit the bill....and guess what.......

tesco whi i'm currently with charge £32.77 pm
    plus clubcard points

more than £57.02
  • shaulin_habibe
    Options
    can any1 help me plzz..
    iv been wit my current car insurnace company 18 months and i emailed them to cancel my policy.. (renewed 30th nov 11)..as i had found a quote cheaper at half the price....iv set this new premium up and its running..had a letter from kwik fit explaining that i was still insured wth them and had to get in touch...to MY TOTAL SHOCK AND HORROR..they have told me my cancellation fee is going to cost £258 :eek:my jaw hit the floor and i cussed and swore (out of shock) i expected to pay no more than £50 at most....do they have the right to charge such a high fee...i feel physically sick and also they will not send my 5 yrs proof of NCB's which i need for my new insurance policy or if i get rid of the car cause the bloomin auto gear box has just gone and iv just taxed the car at £120 for 6 months plzzz somebody gimme some advice...b4 i go nutty:mad: also im a single parent on benefits i was just about managing to juggle my finances ..im truly gutted
  • qazitory
    qazitory Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    can any1 help me plzz..
    iv been wit my current car insurnace company 18 months and i emailed them to cancel my policy.. (renewed 30th nov 11)..as i had found a quote cheaper at half the price....iv set this new premium up and its running..had a letter from kwik fit explaining that i was still insured wth them and had to get in touch...to MY TOTAL SHOCK AND HORROR..they have told me my cancellation fee is going to cost £258 :eek:my jaw hit the floor and i cussed and swore (out of shock) i expected to pay no more than £50 at most....do they have the right to charge such a high fee...i feel physically sick and also they will not send my 5 yrs proof of NCB's which i need for my new insurance policy or if i get rid of the car cause the bloomin auto gear box has just gone and iv just taxed the car at £120 for 6 months plzzz somebody gimme some advice...b4 i go nutty:mad: also im a single parent on benefits i was just about managing to juggle my finances ..im truly gutted

Have you asked for a breakdown of the £258?
    Quidco Earnings (since Dec 06): £467.75
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 7 April 2012 at 3:27PM
    Options
    iv set this new premium up and its running..

You do need to resolve this issue quickly, as your new policy is now in jeopardy (you have presumably told your new insurer you hold 5 years NCD, but this cannot be used on 2 policies. They won't wait too long before either cancelling this new policy or revising your premium upwards (as if you have nil NCD), and demanding immediate payment of the amount outstanding)

Having a cancelled policy on your history will cause big problems on getting insurance elsewhere, and will make future premiums very expensive.
  • shaulin_habibe
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    You do need to resolve this issue quickly, as your new policy is now in jeopardy (you have presumably told your new insurer you hold 5 years NCD, but this cannot be used on 2 policies. They won't wait too long before either cancelling this new policy or revising your premium upwards (as if you have nil NCD), and demanding immediate payment of the amount outstanding)

Having a cancelled policy on your history woll cause big problems on getting insurance elsewhere, and will make future premiums very expensive.

so it wld make sence just to stick wit my old policy my new 1 which is currently under 14 days old is easier to cancel do they refund any of the money u'v paid out? and of course bank holiday weekend so cant speak to any1 tll tuesday now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure