Logitech Won’t give my WARRANTY!

I have an item that still under warranty by LOGITECH, and I’ve contacted the company on the 09/12/19 when my item showed failure so I contacted via website and described the issue proving all the details such as message or error and straightforward requesting my warranty as the item isn’t working due a failure in the cable!
However the responses aren’t helping and it took so long for the first response, all I’ve received was orientation to “update” a software of an item that isn’t working and that I had to reply asking for start the warranty process as the item has an fail already described at the first contact.
After my last email, I’m still not receiving any satisfactory response or resolution.
My warranty it will expire on the 19/12/19 which it’s in 5 day’s and my frustration leads me to the conclusion that this delay was intentionally as there’s no excuses for not attend my request and ignoring the problem and asking me to update a software as I don’t know when a hardware it’s working or not!
Even oriented to contact the retails shop I’ve been told! Costumer care aren’t using the best intelligence to understand that the retail shop has nothing to deal with the compromise of LOGITECH in offer and provide my warranty, my right according to their own policy.

So please let’s resolve this ASAP as I’m sure that Logitech has no intention to cause more problems for one of their clients specially at this time of the year!
I’m unable to work due their lack of costumer and assistance care!

Comments

• What is the item, where did you buy it from and where are you based and how is it stopping you working?
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • Jono111
    Jono111 Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You claim your warranty from the shop you bought the item from.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,911 Forumite
    VPT wrote: »
    I have an item that still under warranty by LOGITECH, and I’ve contacted the company on the 09/12/19 when my item showed failure so I contacted via website and described the issue proving all the details such as message or error and straightforward requesting my warranty as the item isn’t working due a failure in the cable!
    However the responses aren’t helping and it took so long for the first response, all I’ve received was orientation to “update” a software of an item that isn’t working and that I had to reply asking for start the warranty process as the item has an fail already described at the first contact.
    After my last email, I’m still not receiving any satisfactory response or resolution.
    My warranty it will expire on the 19/12/19 which it’s in 5 day’s and my frustration leads me to the conclusion that this delay was intentionally as there’s no excuses for not attend my request and ignoring the problem and asking me to update a software as I don’t know when a hardware it’s working or not!
    Even oriented to contact the retails shop I’ve been told! Costumer care aren’t using the best intelligence to understand that the retail shop has nothing to deal with the compromise of LOGITECH in offer and provide my warranty, my right according to their own policy.

So please let’s resolve this ASAP as I’m sure that Logitech has no intention to cause more problems for one of their clients specially at this time of the year!
    I’m unable to work due their lack of costumer and assistance care!

First of all your warranty in the first year is with the shop or outlet you bought it from, not the manufacturer, see the so-called SADFART article on the main website:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/

Second of all since you haven't mentioned what this item is you're posting about, and Logitech off the top of my head make various technology things like Speakers, Keyboards and & Mice, Webcams and Headsets (and maybe other stuff) - none of which is stopping you from working, you clearly have a working keyboard to be able to type this!
  • Ive got it from Ebuyer online.
    It’s a HD Pro Webcam C920z

When connected, isn’t turning on anymore, and when I try to open the app settings it comes the message that the camera wasn’t connected.
    Literally stopped working and I don’t use constantly and look after my belongings very well.

Thanks
  • Hi there,

Unfortunately the retail shop offers 30days.
    The factory it’s responsible for provide the warranty.
    Ive been in contact with both costumer services.

Thanks
  • Hi.
    Thanks for your reply.

I’m expecting to have a response from Logitech so I would mention what’s the product.
    Ive contacted the retail shop! They assured me that warranty it’s a responsibility from the factory.
    Since you don’t know my situation, you can not guarantee that I’m able to work.
    I stream videos and would never claim a lie.
    Hope you understand now.

Thanks
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Warranty an extra from the manufacturer subject to any terms and conditions they choose .

The law your consumer rights are against the vendor ( sticky on CR top of page )
    But as you say work then CR law may not apply as its a business to business contract .
  • Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 December 2019 at 11:49AM
    The warranty is via eBuyer, not the manufacturer.
    Also don’t confuse your warranty with the right to return an unwanted item. Warranty is 24 months via eBuyer.

Are you sure the item is faulty and not Windows playing up? Have you tried installing it on a different computer?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    (I have an item that still under warranty by LOGITECH,)
    Is what OP says or is this another warranty from ebuyer ??
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,911 Forumite
    VPT wrote: »
    Hi.
    Since you don’t know my situation, you can not guarantee that I’m able to work.
    I stream videos and would never claim a lie.

What exactly is it you do for work anyway that you need a webcam for?

If you have access to another computer, since this is a USB device, try it on another computer. If it works there you can drop the whole "warranty" thing as it becomes irrelevant as the issue would then be with the computer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure