1250lx

2»

Comments

• unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Sounds like your employer has used a starter declaration statement B rather than your p45 tbh.

If that was your first pay from them, then its very unlikely that code came from hmrc. Its the exact reason p45 & starter checklist exist - hmrc can't issue a code without an employment record but that record isn't created until a payroll is processed with you on it. And running payroll requires a tax code to be used.

As Dazed & Confused suggests, contact hmrc and they should be able to issue a cumulative code.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Looking on the bright side by doing two months wages as if they were one month your NI deduction is about £59 lower than it should really be. You tax will eventually be corrected so in the end you will be in pocket by that £59
  • cherry76
    cherry76 Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Shall I leave it as it is and wait for it to be corrected? I did complete a started check list and p45. Thanks
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    You should ask your payroll why they are using that tax code and not the one from your P45 and take it from there. Have you looked at your on line tax account ?
  • cherry76
    Have paid £278.40 tax for Nov tax code is still 1248LX. Seems to be right. Have queried why the X and waiting for a response from HR. Thanks for all your help.
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    cherry76 wrote: »
    Have paid £278.40 tax for Nov tax code is still 1248LX. Seems to be right. Have queried why the X and waiting for a response from HR. Thanks for all your help.

Looks to me that they may have applied the P45 but forgotten to alter the code from non-cumulative to cumulative. Has your taxable gross to date and tax paid to date been altered to include the P45 figures?
  • cherry76
    chrisbur wrote: »
    Looks to me that they may have applied the P45 but forgotten to alter the code from non-cumulative to cumulative. Has your taxable gross to date and tax paid to date been altered to include the P45 figures?

No it hasn't. Waiting for a response from HR?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure