Moissanite Engagement Ring?

sarahgd
sarahgd Posts: 19 Forumite
First Post
edited 22 August 2020 at 5:57PM in Weddings & anniversaries
Hi all,

My partner popped the question earlier this month :j:j:j Obviously super excited!

I've been looking at engagement rings here in the UK, any recommendations?

xx

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Congratulations! May I suggest that rather than look at a brand new but not diamond ring, you look at estate sale and not diamond rings, which will massively widen the scope without necessarily blasting the budget?

Also, from what I can see on Google, moissanite is available from the high street jewellers & some online folks - whereas since you will hopefully be wearing this ring for decades, I'd be looking Off the High St & ideally in the jewellery quarters or wherever you can find (& afford) that makes & modifies rings to order at altogether more reasonable markups.

As a final thought, Black Friday is unlikely to be helpful (other than generous with ideas), whereas the New Year sales might be productive. Then once you have found the ring you want, 'receive a call' on your mobile & leave your intended to complete the negotiations. (If you have doubts, point him at this site & give him time & support to study up!)

Wishing you a long & happy marriage with jointly agreed and delighted in rings!
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Your ring your choice. Can have one made out of Play Doh or wood .
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • sarahgd
    sarahgd Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post
    DigForVictory - what do you mean by estate sale? Like when a house or estate is sold with all possessions?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure