Tesco Savings DDs

Comments

• Tesco Bank to Cancel All Existing DD's on 22nd April 2018 I posted this earlier on Budgeting and Current Accounts Forum.

I thought you were following some T&Cs for posting it twice.;)

Suggest you delete the OP?
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    adindas wrote: »
    1. Bos for 3% interest. 2 active different dds. It will need to pay out each month
    2. Halifax for rewards. 2 active different dds need to pay out each month.
    3. Barclay for blue rewards 2 active different dd need to pay out each month.
    4. Coop 4dds. Need to pay put each month but it does not need four different dds, the same dd originator paying out four times (e.g weekly) per calendar month will be sufficient.
    5. M&s for rsa. 3 active different dds but it does not need to pay out each month.
    6. Tesco current ac for 3% interest. 2 active different dds. It will need to pay out each month.

Have i missed something or something inaccurate ??

For multiple accounts a large number of dds needed.

5&6 ?
  • adindas wrote: »
    Thanks original amended. I am aware that old Tesco ac does not need a DD but it is just a matter of time before they change it.

Really?

Cheers for that.:rotfl:
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ceredigion wrote: »
    5&6 ?

Indeed:cool:

Post 361 is well meaning, but in view of differing T&Cs depending on when accounts were opened etc, as ever, it is no substitute for individuals checking the T&Cs for their particular accounts.
  • I thought you were following some T&Cs for posting it twice.;)

Suggest you delete the OP?

If I knew how to I would.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    My Marks current account only requires 2 direct debits - one is my direct debit for my Marks credit card and the other is an annual one for a magazine.
    But there again I've had my Marks current account for a number of years so maybe the criteria is different for newer accounts?

1. BOS for 3% interest. 2 active different DDs. It will need to pay out each month
    2. Halifax for rewards. 2 active different DDs need to pay out each month.
    3. Barclay for Blue Rewards 2 active different DD need to pay out each month.
    4. Coop 4DDs. Need to pay put each month but it does not need four different DDs, the same DD originator paying out four times (e.g weekly) per calendar month will be sufficient.
    5. M&S for RSA. 3 Active different DDs but it does not need to pay out each month.
    6. Tesco Current AC for 3% interest. Legacy Tesco current ac don't need any DDs,but recent openings need 3 different DDs. It will need to pay out each month (?)
    7. Club Lloyds Current Account. 2 active different DDs. It will need to pay out each month.

This is irrelevant to me but good to know:
    8. TSB doesn't need any DD for interest; But Recent openings need 2 different DD paying out for reward in addition to interest.
    9. Santander 123 1.5% - 2 different paying out. But in many cases this is already met by DDs generating cash back such as from utility bills, council tax.

Have I missed something or something inaccurate ??

For multiple accounts a large number of DDs needed.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Tesco Bank to Cancel All Existing DD's on 22nd April 2018 I posted this earlier on Budgeting and Current Accounts Forum.

Does anyone know of a SAVINGS a/c's other than Tesco Internet Saver that allows the set up of DD's? Tesco are going to cancel all existing DD's on Internet Saver a/c's, :mad:, which jeapordises the monthly interest that I earn from my Bank of Scotland a/c's. All household requirements for DD's are already taken up with other interest earning a/c's to meet T&C's.

Having done some research Scottish Widows and the Post Office have Saver A/c's that allow DD's, BUT only to the one nominated A/c that you give them. So if you have a need for TWO DD's to meet an a/c T&C you will either need to set up two DD's on the same account or TWO Scot Widows or Post Office a/c's. God please help those of us that need to meet the two DD's T&C's on Three A/c's!

Anyone know of any other savings a/c's that allow DD's?

I keep repeating this but (so far) no-one has replied to the effect that they are pursuing this: try your local credit unions. I have opened savings accounts this weekend with two local credit unions, both of which allow deposits by direct debit from a nominated current account. Both openings done online (no office visits required). I have set both to take a monthly DD of £10 from one of my Bank of Scotland Vantage current accounts, so that's that one sorted (I hope).
  • Some of these posts are the blind leading the blind!
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    1. BOS for 3% interest. 2 active different DDs. It will need to pay out each month
    2. Halifax for rewards. 2 active different DDs need to pay out each month.
    3. Barclay for Blue Rewards 2 active different DD need to pay out each month.
    4. Coop 4DDs. Need to pay put each month but it does not need four different DDs, the same DD originator paying out four times (e.g weekly) per calendar month will be sufficient.
    5. M&S for RSA. 3 Active different DDs but it does not need to pay out each month.
    6. Tesco Current AC for 3% interest. Legacy Tesco current ac don't need any DDs,but recent openings need 3 different DDs. It will need to pay out each month (?)
    7. Club Lloyds Current Account. 2 active different DDs. It will need to pay out each month.

This is irrelevant to me but good to know:
    8. TSB doesn't need any DD for interest; But Recent openings need 2 different DD paying out for reward in addition to interest.
    9. Santander 123 1.5% - 2 different DD paying out each months. But in many cases this is already met by DDs generating cash back such as from utility bills, phone, council tax.

Have I missed something or something inaccurate ??

For multiple accounts a large number of DDs needed.

(?)
    I think it is similar to the CO-OP in your list
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 October 2017 at 8:05PM
    I keep repeating this but (so far) no-one has replied to the effect that they are pursuing this: try your local credit unions. I have opened savings accounts this weekend with two local credit unions, both of which allow deposits by direct debit from a nominated current account. Both openings done online (no office visits required). I have set both to take a monthly DD of £10 from one of my Bank of Scotland Vantage current accounts, so that's that one sorted (I hope).

In light of what will happen to it why would keep repeating it? I semi understand highlighting it - but repeating it? Are you keen for that Avenue to be closed to you too?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure