We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    A really fab house I knew had an open spiral staircase & the ground floor started off white on the walls & it graduated to deep midnight blue on the top flight & the ceiling had stars - the sky walls had clouds - it was stunning.

I did a sky ceiling in a cottage kitchen & thought it looked the biz, but one of my brothers said it looked like I'd under coated over the cracks. Well I liked it.

OH & I just been out to the house & made a list of stuff we need. We do need to get doors, but we are a bit pushed at the mo & they can wait.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    choille wrote: »
    A really fab house I knew had an open spiral staircase & the ground floor started off white on the walls & it graduated to deep midnight blue on the top flight & the ceiling had stars - the sky walls had clouds - it was stunning.

I did a sky ceiling in a cottage kitchen & thought it looked the biz, but one of my brothers said it looked like I'd under coated over the cracks. Well I liked it.

OH & I just been out to the house & made a list of stuff we need. We do need to get doors, but we are a bit pushed at the mo & they can wait.

What a wonderful sounding house

We have clouds on a bit of ceiling upstairs, and it will be spreading, and yes, there are plans for very simple medieval style gold stars on the ceiling in the loo. :D.
  • choille
    The house was a Georgian Manor House that had been remodelled by Hugh Lorimer (1920s?) & it ad been bought by a guy & him & his partner did it up in a very incredible way. One of the sittingrooms was all white with built in bookcases that held copies of the National Geographic - the exact same shade of yellow as the magazines was used in cushions & shades on patterns of the rugs, lampshades etc.
    It was all a bit over the top & really exciting & daring & so visual it was a treat to be shown round.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    While it would be lovely to be artistic here, we're under pressure to get things done ahead of other things.

My latest suggestion is to paint just the bits of walls where radiators are to be hung, to avoid trying to paint behind them afterwards, then do the rest of the room later.....:o
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Davesnave wrote: »
    While it would be lovely to be artistic here, we're under pressure to get things done ahead of other things.

My latest suggestion is to paint just the bits of walls where radiators are to be hung, to avoid trying to paint behind them afterwards, then do the rest of the room later.....:o

that dave, is a smart idea... in fact so logical it never occurred to me !:o
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    :bdaycake: HAPPY BIRFDAY DEAR CTC :T

:smileyhea :kisses: _party_
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 19 July 2015 at 12:47PM
    Atlantic depression has now blown through, but leaving everything saturated :(

Neighbour across the way from me has spent the last three days building a deck, judging by the sawing and hammering noises. However his back garden is shaded by the house, so it'll be a lethal ice-rink of algae and slime soon enough...he'll learn Scottish weather isn't compatible with decking.

Going to put up the rain canopy while the air is still, until it's bolted to the wall it's like a sail.

EDIT - finished, and just before the rain started...this alcove faces south so with some cover I hope the sun lovers and succulents in pots will be happier.

7fd9012c-af3d-4412-b8a1-ae6f56eb6a57_zpsk0iakn56.jpg
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Happy Birthday CTC :bdaycake: I hope you have a lovely day :)

IHS I am not a big fan of decking. It does look lovely however I am always worried my foot will go through it and often wonder about what may be living underneath :eek:
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you Dave and Alfie for the Sweet William info, I will not rip them out this year :o

In the tubs where I have Hyacinths what can I plant in them that will come up after them year after year? I am tired of having to replace bedding plants and am looking for an ongoing solution however I seem to drawn to plants that only last a season. My pots are filled with shades of blue, purple and white so those colours would be grand.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • choille
    Lillies?

Happy Birthday CTC.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business