Intelligent Finance Available Balance

Options
Hi, it appears that Intelligent Finance have removed the available balance feature from their current account online banking service? All you can see now is your balance and overdraft limit, it doesn’t take into account any pending transactions. Has anyone else experienced this at all?
Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)

Comments

• Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    See https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6076343
    All banks will be doing so shortly, if they haven't done so already.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    I understand that, but it seems crazy that you can’t see any pending transactions? How on earth are you supposed to budget?
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • I understand that, but it seems crazy that you can’t see any pending transactions? How on earth are you supposed to budget?
    Use a spreadsheet like I do!
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I understand that, but it seems crazy that you can’t see any pending transactions? How on earth are you supposed to budget?
    By sitting down on a regular basis and planning your outgoings based on how much money is coming in, before deciding what to buy and when?

If you're relying on a bank's summarised display of what's already been spent or committed then that's too late to be considered genuine budgeting IMHO, although such monitoring is useful too....

I'm not sure this is the same issue as the one referred to in the other thread anyway, which is all about not including overdrafts in available balances, rather than concealing pending transactions - have they actually removed any ability to see the latter, as well as not including overdraft in available balance?
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,167 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    LBG have changed the way they showing balances by showing the available balance after pending transactions have been accounted, separately showing the overdraft, but they do also (at the top of the transaction list) show the account
    balance without pending transactions accounted. So LBG definitely aren't 'doing away' with pending transactions, which seems to be hinted at in post 2.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Alternatively you use one of the banks such as monzo where all transactions are shown immediately and as far as I know there is no such thing as a pending transaction

I have used my monzo card in far-flung places abroad and even then the transaction shows before I can replace the card in my wallet
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LBG have changed the way they showing balances by showing the available balance after pending transactions have been accounted, separately showing the overdraft, but they do also (at the top of the transaction list) show the account
    balance without pending transactions accounted. So LBG definitely aren't 'doing away' with pending transactions, which seems to be hinted at in post 2.
    It wasn't supposed to be hinting that, merely that the displayed balance would be the actual balance at that moment.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family