Pre election Currency Purchase?

I am just wondering whether it might be expeditious to buy some Euros before the General Election on Dec 12 . The Pound may get hammered on the 13th..dependng on the result.

What do you experts say.....? I would be grateful for advice on the likely scenarios....

Comments

• greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm no expert but with the exchange rate at 1.1822 as of now I am moving as much money as I can into my Spanish bank account & onto my Transferwise debit card.
    Best exchange rate for nearly 2 years.
  • Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The money markets will have already factored in the likely result. It's only if the result is unexpected that you could expect any significant effect. So, if Boris wins a majority, no change, but it the Brexit party wins a majority, it would cause an enormous change. The biggest changes happen due to unexpected news, not the expected.
  • IvanDP
    IvanDP Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'm no expert but with the exchange rate at 1.1822 as of now I am moving as much money as I can into my Spanish bank account & onto my Transferwise debit card.
    Best exchange rate for nearly 2 years.

:T:T:T:T:T

Did exactly the same last night in preparation for our trip to Europe next week. :D
    1.1885 with Revolut
    Compared with the rates a couple of weeks ago, I can now look forward to a few extra
    :beer::beer::beer: for my money :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport