What advents are you missing this year?

Any, usually good, advents that we're missing this year so we can keep an eye out for them?

Notable ones for me are

BeoPlay
Heart Radio
Hexus
Barbour
Hermes
Ryobi Tools
T3

I'll mention Scottish Widows and Hunt the Haggis 'cause everyone's always bangin' on about them :)

The Debenhams Beauty club always seems to come up too (but I seem to remember that was a late starter last year).

Comments

• Surfermom
    Surfermom Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    There seem to be a lot less with good prizes this year. Some that I seem to have entered every year that are missing

My cat,
    Lakeland (have won a couple of nice prizes in the past),
    Gentlemans Journal
    M&S

Hopefully some companies will do 12 days instead.
  • hertzyabazas
    hertzyabazas Posts: 33,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    UK2
    Gentleman's Journal
    One of the voucher websites used to have good prizes
    Stuff.tv
    Nectar
    Black Circles don't appear to have one running at the moment
  • xoxlauraxox
    xoxlauraxox Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    Pandora

I am thinking there will be some just doing 12 days that will start later in the month
    Thanks to everyone that posts :T:money:
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    BlackCircles was a good one, as far as prizes but man, it was a pain with all the RT's, pretty sure I get a Twitter ban every year from that one.
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2019 at 7:10PM
    That's the one! ... it's exactly the same.

Not sure how I missed this but I would assume a lot of people must have missed it 'cause I haven't noticed any posts in the Advents over £100 thread ... actually, I don't think it's been posted on here?

I'm second guessing myself 'cause I can't believe this hasn't been posted on here and assuming that I just can't find a thread?

Looking at that Heart comp, if you go back to : https://win.heart.co.uk/christmas/index.php

It asks you to choose a location, which are Cambridgeshire, Chelmsford, Kent or Peterborough ... so you might only be eligible in those counties (I can't be bothered to check the terms :) )
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    BlackCircles was a good one, as far as prizes but man, it was a pain with all the RT's, pretty sure I get a Twitter ban every year from that one.

I was thinking that I hadn't seen that one.
    Also, the STABILO one, STHIL (the chainsaw company)

And I still do miss the Haggis Hunt. That one was a lot of fun.

It really isn't the same now. It's still fun in a twisted sort of way, but there are a lot missing now, and some of the prizes are a bit naff.
    Never mind, we are still daft enough to do them. :rotfl:

Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Pringles was always good a while back.

Vouchercodes game was generous last time around

Heart nationwide *shame current is localised*
  • mustafa_say_ving
    mustafa_say_ving Posts: 1,724 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 December 2019 at 9:48PM
    The molton brown Christmas comp - not so much an advent but a really fun comp

I remember eons ago when BBC used to run advent comps - one for every area
    "Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into someone else's nonsense, tell yourself: Not my circus, not my monkeys." - Mark Borkowski.
  • gentleorange
    gentleorange Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    That's the one! ... it's exactly the same.

Not sure how I missed this but I would assume a lot of people must have missed it 'cause I haven't noticed any posts in the Advents over £100 thread ... actually, I don't think it's been posted on here?

I'm second guessing myself 'cause I can't believe this hasn't been posted on here and assuming that I just can't find a thread?

Looking at that Heart comp, if you go back to : https://win.heart.co.uk/christmas/index.php

It asks you to choose a location, which are Cambridgeshire, Chelmsford, Kent or Peterborough ... so you might only be eligible in those counties (I can't be bothered to check the terms :) )

Sorry for not checking. I should have, I just assumed it was already listed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure