PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Is this house appropriately priced?

Not my house, but I was wondering if people think this house is overpriced or appropriately priced:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-86375807.html

A comparable house sold a year and a half ago on the same street here (but does not have a conservatory, whereas the one currently for sale does so would it be worth more?):

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=71706500&sale=55823657&country=england

Comments

• ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It really doesn't matter what "the internet" thinks - it's what the vendor thinks that matters - they're the one you have to agree a price with if you want to buy it.
  • Help1234
    Help1234 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks, I don’t want to buy it. I’m just purely interested in what the internet thinks!
  • ReadingTim
    ok, the internet answers as follows:

yes
    no
    maybe
  • Help1234
    I just want subjective opinions if anyone is willing to give one.
    Many thanks
  • My opinion is that you will be no closer to knowing the answer no matter how many people answer this thread.
  • Help1234
    And that’s absolutely fine! As there is no right or wrong answer :-) I’m simply interested in subjective opinions if anyone is willing to give one.
    Thanks!
  • ReadingTim
    Help1234 wrote: »
    I’m simply interested in subjective opinions if anyone is willing to give one.

I think you can objectively conclude that no-one is.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 November 2019 at 7:09PM
    I prefer the house sold last year, as it looks as if more original features have been retained on that one.

The conservatory is a cheapie and has an odd internal shape. OK if comes with the house, but I wouldn't pay more for it.

Of course, I'd have to know a lot more about both before deciding about value.
  • Help1234
    Thanks so much Davesnave for your opinion :-)
  • colesy
    colesy Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Help1234 wrote: »
    Thanks so much Davesnave for your opinion :-)

I agree with Davesnave on this. I wouldn’t be surprised if the second one sells for about the same as the first one though. The vendor of the first house probably doesn’t expect to get full asking price but it’s not priced unrealistically for the area.

Haslington’s a nice location. Village feel, great take away tandoori if that’s your thing, pubs nice enough, and a great Bargain Booze for all your off licence requirements.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure