PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Marpau wrote: »
    I have again returned to the bathroom electric towel rail disconnected and added to pile for the tip.
    Haha I have been left with a connected towel rail that never switches off, and a fan that won't turn on........builder disappeared so that's another problem I have to sort!!

dollypeeps wrote: »
    Apart from the obvious irritation of having too much stuff being untidy etc ...well you get the idea....we/he doesn't know what we do have and we end up buying more then!!!!!
    Arrggg I hate that with a passion.......once I get this place sorted and eradicate lots of ex people's stuff, I'll have everything sorted and labelled lol.

So am trying to find an item to wear to a wedding this weekend....can not find it at all, but am decluttering as I frantically look!
    1 bundle of old hair bands
    1 scrunchie

1 old Lush hat box
    3 old Lush items - arg what a waste but gone horrible
    1 bundle of papers from a romantic ex from long ago
    2 small boxes

159/2014
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 April 2019 at 10:27PM
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Tuesday has been a pleasantly warm day if somewhat overcast :) but temperature has dropped considerably in the last 2 hours :( DH left before 9:30 a.m. but it took over 2 hours to get to the M4 as Parliament Square was shut :( He has had a pleasant day & is safely ensconced in his hotel room & looking forward to dinner. DSis had a long bath & has done one load of washing. The only decluttering I have done today is 2 full bags delivered to CS - which was closed grrrr but fortunately the CS clothes only shop has now opened :D so I dropped off the donations there & had a lovely chat with the CS lady. The walk to the CS - past the dock - was very pleasant & I was rewarded - TWO CORMORANTS & the crested grebes are back & have nested on a new raft - saw a single egg. The coot who evicted the grebes from their previous nest, are also nesting. Sadly the Egyptian Geese have moved to pastures new but they were with us for a couple of months. They are beautiful & hopefully will return next year. After the CS, I walked to sm, then off to P.O. to post a package to our friends in France - English chocolate :EasterBun
    Chicken goujons & chips for dinner.

1085 One ceiling light fitting & shade - CS
    1086 Cardboard packaging - Recycled

Well Done - chupachups4; Happy Kitties; dollypeeps; Marpau (can you clean in your sleep as well :rotfl:); GreenQueen (sounds like you had a lovely time :)); Barny1979; savvy :T:T

Har-di-har bit by bit - if you really were disorganised you would never declutter :rotfl

See you all tomorrow

MrsSD
    1086/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,033 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    White_musk wrote: »
    Hello all, I've not posted for quite some time as I have been really poorly. Thankfully, well on the mend now, just left with a hacking cough and headache that just won't shift.

This sounds just like what my DH is recovering from, White_musk. A cold for a month, then a fluctuating temperature, terrific headache apparently due to the lurgy making his brain hot, wheeziness... two lots of antibiotics and an inhaler. It's nasty and he's a bit washed out but seems to be on the mend now - though he keeps losing his voice. It's been diagnosed as a respiratory tract infection following a chest x-ray. So if that sounds to you like what you've got, do look after yourself and try not to overdo things till you feel okay again.

As for me, I have just given seven books to my sister and three to my niece so I'm pleased with myself. The fact we still have enough to start a library is beside the point. I have also decluttered a tin of dried up paint and two packets of nuts (one into me, the other out due to being well out of date). Also seven assorted pieces of paper.

So another 20 to add to my total.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Good Morning everyone,

1148-1153: 2 jeans, 3 tee-shirts, 1 swimming suit, sold, 37 euros in the travel pot
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • dollypeeps
    dollypeeps Posts: 239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Plodded on yesterday with a thorough clean of shower room and emptied bathroom cabinet.
    Sorted out bank balances and credit card bill and one shelf of my wardrobe.

8 various items from bathroom cabinet - cardboard recycled and medicines binned
    2 jumpers - CS bag
    1 pair of jeans CS bag

Declare yesterday at 11
    Grocery spends £193.44/ £70 per week or £303 per month
  • never_too_old
    never_too_old Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all

not done a huge amount of decluttering as we still have house guests.
    I pulled out my mandoline yesterday and my son in law said surely thats easier with a knife and i had to agree i only get it out a couple of times a year.....So that is now in a charity bag waiting for a few more things to be added then off to the cs.:)
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • Ginmonster
    Ginmonster Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My charity bag didn't get collected on Monday but that was entirely my fault as I put it out too late and missed the collection van. Darn it! I took 2 bags to the charity shop on foot yesterday to make up for it though. I've spent the last few days sorting out the loft and now have piles of stuff ready for the charity shop and a whole load of kids clothes and toys to take to our relatives at the weekend.

I also spotted a request on a FB group for items for a baby due soon so I got rid of a changing bag, a baby gym and a load of muslins, towels, blankets and toys which got collected today. Feeling really happy I've created space and the stuff hadn't gone to sometime who needs then.

The next task will be getting the rest of the stuff I've sorted actually out of the house.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    302-305. Cardboard boxes into recycling

306-308. Three tip runs with rest of the tree
    309. Old timber to the tip
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,033 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    A small bag to charity today: a pair of shoes, an apron, 6 books that no one wants any more, 2 protractors and 5 set squares. Proof that these are not needed for most people in real life ;)
    Also 8 bits of paper and a box of dud matches, and two old mascaras.
    Total 26 today and 543 so far this year.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • 1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Wednesday was a lovely warm & sunny day so DSis managed to get her washing line dried.
    A completely lazy day i.e. no decluttering :rotfl: DSis & I were given a tour of our neighbour’s house. She had a loft conversion but also decided to have the electrics done, floors & ceilings replaced, stairs replaced, new kitchen, new bathroom, new windows & doors - basically had the house gutted ;) & has had everything done to her specifications. It is beautiful - imbedded ceiling lights, an extra bathroom in the loft conversion, together with a large bedroom & a decent sized office plus lights in the stairwells & a rather nifty ceiling design up the stairs. She also had internal glass doors fitted - so downstairs is no longer open plan. The builders are her cousins & have done all the work meticulously - as opposed to the botch job by F*irv*ew when they built our houses :mad: DH arrived home about 8:30 p.m. & dinner was served ten minutes later - I am such a good wife :A :rotfl: Sausages, mash, fried onions & plum tomatoes - very scrummy :drool: Small amount of los have been put in a pan ready for an hm soup.

1087 - 1093 Two large cardboard boxes, empty beer bottle & metal lid, newspaper, 0.5” leaflets, plastic takeaway box, plastic bottle - Recycled
    1094 Coffee tin filled with kitchen detritus - Binned

Well Done - Cherryfudge; chupachups4; dollypeeps; never too old (mandolins always seem like such a great idea :rotfl:); Ginmonster (Nice to know that your clutter is someone else’s treasure :D); Barny1979 - :T:T

See you all tomorrow - now that DH is home it will be back to garage decluttering tomorrow :rotfl:

MrsSD
    1094/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure