Comments

• Flt._Lt._Biggles
    Flt._Lt._Biggles Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 July 2019 at 9:10PM
    Options
    DocFrog wrote: »
    @ Biggles

Orbit "Beat The Cap Extra - Jul19" Variable tariff. 12.088p/kWh and 23.07p/day.

Found via Uswitch

I see that on their website.

For us it is only 11.621p/kWh and 23.30p/day. (price presumably varies slightly by supply region)

But for an average user (3100kwh/yr) we could save almost a £1 per month getting it elsewhere at

12.850p/kWh and just 10.00p/day

(and for a few pennies less saving per month, we can fix a price a lower price )

Source: uSwitch
  • oharab
    oharab Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I've started the switch from Octopus to Orbit. I liked the website & the signup process was good. Guess I'll see at the end of the month how will they switch & how easy Octopus give the £300 credit I have built up back to me.
    Fingers crossed!
  • waynedclark
    Options
    I am an avid switcher and have just done a comparison and completed my switch from Pure Planet to Orbit Energy... As other users have commented someone has to take the plunge to find out if a company is good, or indifferent. Ultimately they haven't got a bad rating (which would be a different matter like some)…
    I base my decision on the money I will save and be able to spend on better things for my young family.

If you decide to switch you can use Promo Code - RAF 20000 38621 to get £50.00 cash back too...

Martin Lewis does a grande job and with flight delays, bank charge reclaims PPI, energy switching (list is endless) he has saved me thousands...!!!!
  • elucidate
    elucidate Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I see that on their website.

For us it is only 11.621p/kWh and 23.30p/day. (price presumably varies slightly by supply region)

But for an average user (3100kwh/yr) we could save almost a £1 per month getting it elsewhere at

12.850p/kWh and just 10.00p/day

(and for a few pennies less saving per month, we can fix a price a lower price )

Source: uSwitch

In my personal opinion, for the time being it's better to go for a variable tariff, as energy in general is getting cheaper and cheaper. Having no exit fees to worry about makes it easy to surf from deal to deal, or even tariff to tariff with an existing supplier.

For example, when my fixed tariff came to an end in September, for gas I switched to Pure Planet, then So Energy, then Utility Point, then to another Utility Point tariff, and now Orbit.

For electricity, I switched to Pure Planet, then Bulb, and now Orbit.

Along the way, I used referral codes for So Energy, Utility Point and Bulb, which in themselves saved me about £190, along with the £200-odd savings made by lower energy costs.

Once it looks like the market in general is getting more and more expensive, I'll look into fixed tariffs.
  • Miles_W
    Miles_W Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Decided to take a risk and switch to this new company - their "Beat The Cap Extra - Jul19" tariff is showing a £170 a year saving compared to my current supplier (Pure Planet).

No problems signing up via the website, hope the switch goes smoothly.
  • btr30
    btr30 Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The last few years I have been moving energy provider from variable to variable tariffs, with the latest switch from Pure Planet to Orbit, which is showing a saving of £120 per annum.
    During my time with Pure Planet both the standing charge and gas price reduced.
    If Orbit prices increase, I will investigate a further switch to see what is available.

Sign up process straight forward and easy to use website. Beware that they offer a referral code to pass on to friends for £50 credit for you both, but the cheaper tariffs are not available using the code.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    orbit coming up as cheapest as saving £231 compared to Bulb who I've been with for well over a year. I'll bide my time for a few weeks before moving to Orbit and checking user experiences :(
  • BigBlueSky
    BigBlueSky Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 August 2019 at 6:24PM
    Options
    I'm thinking of moving to Orbit too.

Is their refer a friend scheme definitely only available with their more expensive tariffs?
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,090 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    BigBlueSky wrote: »
    I'm thinking of moving to Orbit too.

Is their refer a friend scheme definitely only available with their more expensive tariffs?

Beat The Cap - Jul19, cheapest tariff isnt offered via RAF code :(
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,090 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Accounts at Companies House make interesting reading :eek:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09933313/filing-history
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income