Amazon Delay in delivery due to external factors

Would anyone know what amazon tracking means by delay in delivery due to external factors

On friday I had two emails from amazon to say my parcels will be arriving on saturday and sunday so I went on live chat and arrange for delivery for sunday and the tracking was updated. So yesterday morning before I went out I checked the tracking and the parcel that was originally turning up Saturday was showing out for delivery and should be delivered between the 16th and 17th. I then checked the tracking for sunday and it's showing out for delivery and should be expected on the 16th between 6am and 8pm. Now last night the parcel that was originally turning up on sunday arrived at 7.10pm :mad: I have now checked the tracking again and it's showing delay in delivery due to external factors.

Comments

• Forwandert
    Forwandert Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    No idea what it means I had one of those for a delivery due 8th December it updated at 22:00 that night to the same message and sat like that for a week. I was offered the option of re sending or cancelling this weekend but then wasnt available to re send and so cancelled it yesterday.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,106 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    External factors will be due to courier problems,, warehouse problems, bad weather, road closures etc.

Things external to Amazon.
  • sheramber wrote: »
    External factors will be due to courier problems,, warehouse problems, bad weather, road closures etc.

The parcel is coming with amazon logistics so I'm guessing they've lost the parcel as the tracking hasn't been updated since 12.05am
  • Same as me my parcel is due today
    Delay in delivery due to external factors But states my parcel is at my local depo and should be received some time today
  • Thread is two years old..
  • tgon
    tgon Posts: 710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I’ve had a couple of “external factors” on delivery recently. Didn’t really affect things much for me.
  • Moglex
    Moglex Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    sheramber wrote: »

How is a warehouse problem external to Amazon?
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Moglex wrote: »
    How is a warehouse problem external to Amazon?

Not every amazon order is fulfilled from an amazon warehouse. They sell many 3rd party products but don’t fulfil all orders directly from their own warehouses.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Weirdly I had the 'external factors' email at about half three today. At 4pm the courier knocked on with the item. Baffled but there you go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure