Iceland special offers

Options

Comments

• mabelcable
    mabelcable Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was in today and picked up Twin pack of Mcvities Digestives for 99p. They also had Rich tea twin packs 99p.
    There are a lot of offers on at the moment I went in for a 10 pack of Pepsi Max cans for £2.50 and spent £25.
    I find going there is a hassle as the shop near me is very small and you have to pay to park, I never have change, which you get then refunded if you spend £5.
    HTH
    M:j
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    mabelcable wrote: »
    I was in today and picked up Twin pack of Mcvities Digestives for 99p. They also had Rich tea twin packs 99p.
    There are a lot of offers on at the moment I went in for a 10 pack of Pepsi Max cans for £2.50 and spent £25.
    I find going there is a hassle as the shop near me is very small and you have to pay to park, I never have change, which you get then refunded if you spend £5.
    HTH
    M:j

Good price for biscuits. Usually £2+ in other supermarkets.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • 32Bitter
    32Bitter Posts: 34 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did not want to make a dedicated thread just on this but it concerns Iceland. I just noticed on my Iceland receipt that the checkout staff has used their loyalty card on my shop to earn points!

What would others do in this situation?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What points ? I never saw the point of their card other than to load it for Christmas , other than the odd voucher there was no loyalty reward.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2016 at 2:29PM
    Options
    32Bitter wrote: »
    Did not want to make a dedicated thread just on this but it concerns Iceland. I just noticed on my Iceland receipt that the checkout staff has used their loyalty card on my shop to earn points!

What would others do in this situation?

You don't earn points at Iceland, in fact all their cards are is an advertising/ information gathering gimmick. I was told that in an email from Iceland when I inquired about the cards.

Perhaps what the cashier was doing was to up their card rate at the till. Most companies who give away these cards have a percentage of cards that have to read or given away for each person working on a till.

One place I used to work at had a 3% uptake rule over a person weekly shifts on getting people to sign up. If you did not get the target you had to have a 'talk' on why you didn't get the quota.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • 32Bitter
    32Bitter Posts: 34 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 June 2016 at 8:07PM
    Options
    Bonus card

You get 4% back so ok if you only shop there.

EDIT. I have just read the t&c's it does't work like that. Doh!
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    peewhyeff wrote: »
    For about the last 6 weeks or so Iceland have been running an extra special "offer of the week ". Such as butter 50p , warbies thins 50p, bananas 49p I think....all now expired. This week's offer is 500g fresh chicken breast fillets for £2 (usually £3) , runs 8th to 14th June. I'll try and update each week but if anyone knows each offer before me, feel free to post.

please do post ta!
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    CHRISSYG wrote: »
    What points ? I never saw the point of their card other than to load it for Christmas , other than the odd voucher there was no loyalty reward.

The bonus card is worthwhile for any regular Iceland shoppers.

You're right there are no "points" - it works like a savings scheme, you top it up when you wish, and every time you've saved £25 a £1 bonus is added. Some folk use this system to save for Christmas (an electronic version of the old fashioned paper savings stamps if you remember those).

However, with the Iceland scheme, the £1 bonus is instant. If you walk in to store - or log in to your online shopping account once you've linked your bonus card - you can put £25 on the card and in just a few minutes you've got £26 to spend - instantly. They say it may take "up to 48 hours" but it never has done for me, five minutes at the most online when I was dedicated enough to keep refreshing the page.

It's certainly worth it for all online shoppers, as it's at least £1 off every online shop by paying via bonus card.

I originally posted about this when the bonus card first became usable online here.
  • CAZBEAR
    CAZBEAR Posts: 554 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    With the bonus card you sometimes get freebies e.g pizza/ice cream.Or offers,where you spend a certain amount a certain no of times and they put money onto your bonus card.....I just had £5 for spending £10 3 times over a couple of weeks
    Best headline ever on local paper??
    "Weight loss group doubles in size"
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I think I was invited to a free £1 cheesecake on my birthday , a couple of times.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback